Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
I guess WakeWorld, especially the discussion board, has gotten too busy for the server on which we're currently running and that's what is causing all the outages we've been seeing the past few weeks. You guys are just spending too damn much time on here! :-)

Anyway, we're ordering a new one with about six times the processing power, but it won't be here until next week, so we're going to have to deal with it until then.

The other bummer is that we will most likely end up using a different discussion board at some point in the future because this one is incredibly inefficient as far as sucking up the CPU power. The change will most likely take place at the end of the year when we will be introducing WakeWorld 2.0.

Thanks for all the patronage!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-01-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Or you could just get rid of all the advertisements!

...j/k Dave. I know...they pay the WW bills!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
Actually, according to my ISP, it's mostly the discussion board, so.....I guess I'd have to get rid of you!! :-)
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-01-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
Way to go J... now you went and pissed off the man. j/k
Thanks Dave, I don't know what I would do all day at work with out WW.
AL
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-01-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
I guess we'll have to ration out WW use, like when there's a water shortage and we have to save water, so. Those of us with user names beginning with A to K we can use WW mondays wednesdays and fridays, and usernames beginning with L-Z, tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays and we can give Dave the day off on sunday. Ok everybody understand, lol.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-01-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
recommend Ultimate Bulletin Board, it rocks
Old    swass            03-01-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Just get rid of the top 10 posters. That'll reduce demand by 30%, at least!
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-01-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Its the wake toons poor little server can not take such hillaiousness.
Old    low_key_wake            03-01-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
Kristian, thats some funny shiznit there.