Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old    jayp            02-27-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
After spending about five minutes in the water before getting on the back of the boat and squirting some lube into my bindings to get them off last Saturday. I decided it was definately time for some new bindings. 45 degree water and 2003 EXO's are not a good combination.

I happened to be driving by Active Watersports today and decided to take a look at bindings. I tried on several. Every foot is different and mine is short and wide. My shoe size is 8.5 so I need medium bindings.

LF Transit - Nice binding but there was too much pressure on the widest part of my foot. I tried on a large and it felt great but was obviously too big. My foot just wasn't made for the Transits.

LF Alphas - Same issue as the Transits.

Hyperlite 3DS - I was almost going to get these because the closed toe may help keep the feet warm and I do alot of cold weather riding. They felt great and were really comfortable. The only problem was that they cut into the back of my calf at the top. That was just trying them on in the shop. I couldn't see how it would get any better for me out on the water. I have short legs so that may have been a factor. It just felt like they came too far up my calf and did not give. Felt too solid. Reminded me of my snow boots when I go snow shoeing.

LF Suctions - What I planned on getting but did not even try a pair on. Decided that they were not cold weather friendly. Flashbacks of my feet turning into ice cubes trying to get the EXO's off were going through my mind

LF Sphynx - What I bought. They seemed tight at first but once I had my foot wiggled in, they felt great. They are so easy to get in and out of and yet so easy to tighten down on your foot. I got the black ones. They are on the board ready for this weekend if I am lucky enough to get out.

The Transits might have loosened up, but I cant imagine the 3DS feeling any better on the back of my calf. The Sphynx felt great out of the gate.

I am sure that the other bindings I tried will be perfect for some people. But my short legs and wide feet seemed to like the Sphynx bindings best.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-27-2006, 6:49 PM Reply   
Well looking at your post looks like you made the right descision.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-27-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
WHy didn't you try the CWB boots? By far superior in fit in my opinion and most of the people I ride with. When I get approved by the wife, I am dropping for a set of Zeus'.
Should've tried them.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-27-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
You Tried on plenty of good bindings wich is great. Glad you got some that works for you. No loss not trying on the Zeus if you didn't like the 3ds. They have the same type of heel support.
Old    jayp            02-27-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
I wanted to check out the CWB Zeus but they did not have any. I am happy with my choice.