Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (mspearr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2006, 2:38 AM Reply   
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the sport and trying to learn. I own a Mobius LX with P.P. wakeplate and rear ballast system. I ride a CWB tattoo with torq bindings and also have a 05 Byerly with state Bindings. Which one is a better board to learn on? Also would like to know if there is any riders from Texas who would like to ride together so I can learn from them. I work a 28 day on 28 day off schedule and would really like to find someone to ride with on weekdays. Or weekends. Any advice you all can post for a new rider/boat owner would be appreciated. Thanks
P.S. after reading some threads on here I ordered the BOOK, should be at the house when i get home.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-22-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
The CWb is going ot be a lot more user friendly. The Byerly has an aggressive 2 stage rocker and makes learning a little tougher. Eventually you may end up liking the Byerly more because some like the feel. The Tattoo is a great board though. Good luck finding riders, I'm sure it won't be hard. have a great summer.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-22-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
Your profile says you are in Tomball? My wife and I just moved to the Spring area and I have been looking for someone to go out to the lake with. I won't be able to go out for a couple of weeks being that my board and wetsuit is at my parents lakehouse near Austin but when I get it I would love to go out sometime on the weekends. You might also try posting on www.gulfcoastwakeboarding.com to find other riders.
Old     (mspearr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
Chris,
I am in Tomball. I am looking to start going out again in the end of March. The water should be warm enough by then. I have extra boards if you don't have one with you. Thinking about buying the 06 Absolute Platnium when I get home anyway. Lets plan something.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-22-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
I learned how to wakeboard on the byerly and still love it.
check www.texaswakeboarders.com
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
I live in college station TX most of year. I go to Texas A&M. I am an experienced rider who would love to go ride some time.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-22-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
what is your job that has you work 28 days on then 28 days off? I want that job (I think)!
Old     (mspearr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
Leo,
You name the time and place we will go. I go to somerville pretty often only about an hour from the house. Are you available to ride some weekdays? Let me know.

depoint,
I work as a Drill sire Manager in Africa. Travel sucks but the job is cool.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-22-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
The end of March sounds about right. I will definitely have my board by then. Whenever it gets warm enough just give me a call whenever you want to go ride. I sent you a PM with my number so feel free to call anytime. I usually dont get home from work until about 6:15 so it will probably have to be a weekend thing for me.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-23-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
matt, have you done any wakeboarding in africa?
Old     (mspearr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-24-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
I work on the water. What is the definition of hell? I wake up and the sun rises and the water does not have a ripple. But no boat or board in sight. I have often thought about fitting the fast rescue boat with tower and related equipment. I think it would violate about 1000 co. policies to use it to ride behind. And the Co.does not want to be responsible for injuries or the lack of production if we shut down to just ride. So I have to wait to get home. I miss my girl I miss my dog, I PINE away for my boat and board. (HA HA)