Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (wakesa)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-14-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
I would really appreciate your advice on these two vests as I am planning on getting one of them. Goods and not so goods about them? Flotation? Comfort? Thanks...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2006, 11:19 PM Reply   
I love my A-10 but I do not float without treading water when wearing it. The more I think about it the more it scares me.
Old     (diddy666)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-24-2006, 3:16 AM Reply   
Just got the falcon it is great
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-24-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
I tried on an Attack the other day and it was super comfy, but i don't know that it would float me that well...
Old     (wakesa)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-27-2006, 5:52 AM Reply   
Some people say the Attack floats fine, others don't. Is flotation critical? Then I would have to buy the Core or can I buy the more comfy and lighter Attack.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
floatation critical??

Id say thats really a personal question to ask yourself..if you get knocked out a uscg apprvd vest will aid in saving your life ..a non apprvd will likely not ,so if you are so light and dont feel your riding will get you knocked out sometime down the road then buy the non apprvd but if you value your life and dont want to take more risk then necessary then get the uscg apprvd..

to me i prefer the approved vests they are not that heavy and cumbersome to take more risk then needed IMO..

Old     (wakesa)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
sorry,I didn't mean "is flotation important". I actually meant are USCG approved vests alot better in flotation than non approved ones or just by a bit? I weigh about 140lbs...
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-28-2006, 10:38 AM Reply   
Thats a no brainer, USCG means it meets standards to float you, Non USCG means it dosen't have to meet those standards. While wearing a Non USCG is more comfortable at times its your life and adding risk by wearing a Non USCG your gambeling with that one time a accident happens to you.

Just one other note: Just because it is USCG approved does not mean it will turn you face up while wearing a board or ski.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-03-2006, 6:32 AM Reply   
I weigh 175 and have an A-10 and love it. Then again, I've never been one to go by too many safety codes. Feel young, drive fast, take chances.
Old     (bakesonlinecom)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-03-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
If you wanna float well then definitely the Core. The A-10 is great for comfort, flex, and impact protection...but doesn't float super well.

We have em both available!

www.BakesOnline.com