Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-25-2022, 10:56 AM Reply   
I just moved to the Lake Hartwell area, and need an inboard mechanic. Any recommendations?

(I lost reverse the last time I was out. I think the driver pulling me might have gone into reverse too quickly, but not sure. The engine appears to be supplying reverse power, but the prop is not spinning in that direction. With the boat turned off, I am able to spin the prop in both directions, regardless of whether it is in gear.)
Old     (lipslide08)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-27-2022, 1:41 PM Reply   
Sounds like the shift/throttle cable is loose.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-12-2022, 12:46 PM Reply   
Would have been awesome if it was just the cable, but it was the transmission. About $4k to get the new version of the transmission (PCM 80 Series) installed . It's supposed to be a lot more robust than the older version, for which there aren't parts available to rebuild.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-14-2022, 6:59 AM Reply   
ouch. Glad its fixed though.