Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       10-15-2020, 1:08 PM Reply   
Due to an high demand on my previous Comparaison post on various groups I decided to share my demo experience with you all.
So here’s My full review on pretty much all comparable 2021 boats I’ve demoed since 2 months.

- Nautique GS22
- Malibu 22lsv
- Centurion Fi21
- Mastercraft XT21
- Supra SR
- No MB cause no dealership in the area
- No Tigé cause I had a terrible dealer/boat experience with them ( Sad to leave apart a company due to a bad service but the dealer support is one of the most important thing when buying).

Lake restriction at 22ft max.
All around the same price point, depending on options and dealer negotiation.
Will only talk about the boating experience, since every dealer is different.

I Will clarify something first.
They’re all wonderful high class boats and create a great wave.
All of you guys been helpful with all my questions during this 2months.
This is my way to give back the help you all gave me!
Each boat have their own « WoW! » and « Well.. » factor.
That’s what i’m gonna talk about.
Ive got nothing negative to say, just constructive opinion on each of them.
At the End it’s all about our own preferences.

- Nautique 210 was my previous boat and wanted to level up my surf wave. Completely loved the boat and passed 4 wonderful seasons. But this year I was in the market for a Surfwave period. Mine was maxed out (approx 3,200lbs total ballast mods) and nothing changed on the model. Sadly 210 isn’t « in the game » of surfing anymore.

- Nautique GS22
Ive got to say, I have of a crush on them because I came from nautique and always had an awesome boat and dealer experience.
Overall boat is second to none. It’s nautique.
Monster wave with stock ballast.
The steepest and longest. The Updated surf system works phenomenal.
Best surfwave of all (for me)
Pros :
Overall quality, fit/finish (WoW!)
Stock Surfwave
Fuel consomption
PCM engine. The quietest of all
Cons :
price tag. In my price range the boat is naked (minimum standard options).
The most expansive boat of all with the least options.

- Malibu 22lsv
I rapidly forgot it because surfgate is the surf system I like the least.. why?
Because the wedge make much bow rise and fuel consumption is more than all the others. Don’t get me wrong, works great but if my gf don’t feel comfortable driving it.. that’s it.
Wave is big, High and large. Big Curl.
I think it’s the sharpest boat of all. Really look slick on the water.
Pros :
No need to add weight beside the optional pnp.
Probably the less sensitive hull so perfect for big crowd.
Speakers are on the side of the tower (wow!).
Cons :
Fuel consumption
Bow rise.
Fit/finish for the price.
Engine noise.

- Centurion Fi21
Really liked overall boat. Fit/finish isn’t the best, fuel consumption isn’t the best either but suprised me tho. With so much ballast weight I thought it will be more expansive.
For the price, the boat is loaded Up.
Surfwave is awesome out of the box.
2nd Biggest, longest of all but more mellow.
Lip is a bit washy, need more fine tune by the driver.
Pros :
Stock Surfwave
Ramfill (WoW!)
Hull makes it incredible in rough water.
PCM engine.
Cons :
Deep V makes the boat sensitive to weight, the wave change everytime someone move in the boat.
No rear facing seat option (???)

- Mastercraft XT21
Overall boat is awesome. The more comfy of all. Surfwave definitely does the job. long and large, nice curl. Easy to fit any riders.
It suprised me tho. Wave can easily be compared with all the others simply by adding a piggyback bow bag.
The chill tech material is awesome, boat were all black interior at direct sun and not even hot. But the texture will surely hold more dirt and be I bit harder to clean.
Maybe not the best idea for dog paws neither.
If my main reason wasn’t the surfwave it would definitely be my choice. Maybe in 4years my priority will change!
Pros :
Well options loaded for the price point. Overall boat quality.
Screen and software
Cons :
Require adding fatsac.
No Stock Fresh air exhaust (???).
Tower speakers, watch for your head.

- Supra SR
It was the first time on a Supra.
Really impressed on the fit/finish.
For the price, boat is the most loaded of all (heated seats, strapless board racks, RGB led everywhere, auto folding tower, etc, etc)
But the loudest engine/boat of all.. engine make noise, but the AutoWake seems always working too.
Surfwave is great, really clean lip.
Surfwave have the potential but you need to add many fatsac to be comparable (exactly like my 210). Kind of normal since it’s the smallest boat of all. Changing both rear and piggyback bow bag.
Didn’t really fell in love with the Bimini neither.
The SA is really a wonderful boat tho. Would pick this one if it were not to big for my lake.
Pros :
fit/finish
Price, offer a lot for the money. (WoW!)
Cons :
Require adding many fatsac.
Engine noise.
Bimini

Conclusion.
I’ve opted for a Centurion. At the end I was searching for a surfwave.
Like I said it’s all about our own needs.
They’re all great boats who offer a lot and had a wonderful experience trying all of these. Every boat I tried had something special others don’t have!
Surely I would pick a GS22 but passing from a fully loaded 210 to a naked GS22 even without tower speakers. No sorry 🤷*♂️
Preferred saving 5K and have a fully loaded boat with a comparable surfwave.
Feel free to ask or comment on your opinions.
Good end season for you guys 🤙🏼
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-16-2020, 12:19 AM Reply   
You should've tried surfing the 22VLX without the wedge at all. I had one of those boats and loved it. Great surf wave with factory ballast, plug and play full and a bag in the nose. No wedge = no bow rise and better handling. Plus, I just prefer the wave shape without the wedge.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-16-2020, 3:00 AM Reply   
You chose the Centurion but then didn't post a pic of said Centurion... shame let's see it!!!
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       10-16-2020, 5:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
You chose the Centurion but then didn't post a pic of said Centurion... shame let's see it!!!
Hahaha it’s a 2021 order. Will receive it next April but surely I will post it !
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       10-16-2020, 5:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
You should've tried surfing the 22VLX without the wedge at all. I had one of those boats and loved it. Great surf wave with factory ballast, plug and play full and a bag in the nose. No wedge = no bow rise and better handling. Plus, I just prefer the wave shape without the wedge.
Sadly without the wedge isn’t very comparable to others in term of surfwave.
Some boats used more ballast weight some use other techs like Malibu.
The wedge give 2,000pounds of ballast I think. Without it the surf wave isn’t big enough.
Ive tried it with and without.
The best was wedge at 3 but still much bow rise.
They’re really great boats no doubt about it. The wave is phenomenal too

But like I said if my gf don’t feel comfortable driving it. It’s a deal breaker.
The front hull camera can help but damn.. who drive looking at the screen ��