Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (landonpowell)      Join Date: Feb 2015       03-19-2016, 2:22 PM Reply   
Looking at both a 2000 Nautique Pro Air (Direct Drive) and a 2000 Nautique Sport (Direct Drive). Im a big wakeboarder, I was wondering if you guys could tell me which one of these wakes would be bigger and better and if you had pics of the wake for me along with a setup?

Thanks,

Landon
Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       03-19-2016, 4:53 PM Reply   
Plenty of info out there if you do a quick google search. The standard response is the 98-02 Pro Air will have the better wakeboard wake, but poor slalom wake. Very similar to the 93-97 Sport, but selling down the road may be a little more difficult. The 98-02 Sport still has a nice wakeboard wake, but a little smaller than the Pro Air and not as steep. Decent slalom wake, so it makes for a good crossover and resale. Both boats have a rear locker which is great for getting fat sacs off the floor. Watch out for failing gauges and key pad issues with the 00-02 models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wrPPHiTdfo

google: "pro air nautique" wake

Last edited by echo; 03-19-2016 at 4:57 PM.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-20-2016, 8:54 AM Reply   
the sport and the air nautique are the same. the air stands for options like ballast, tower, PP.

Now the Pro air has lifting strakes and they only made this boat for a few years. From what i've read it doesn't have as good of a wakeboard wake because the strakes help boat lift out of the water, instead of non straked boats (sport/ air) where they sit deeper.

Air Nautique looks pretty slammed

from trever maur on Vimeo.

Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       03-20-2016, 3:46 PM Reply   
I have a Pro Air and love it.
-I've replaced both key pads and the gauges were swapped before I got it.
-you name it we've done it: slalom, wakeboard, wakeskate, barefoot, and a little surfing. Heck I even caught some crappie off of it one morning waiting for some friends to get to the dock.
- it's smallish. We are a family of 3 currently with one on the way. For me, the wife, and the runt it's fine. Add some fiends and it's crowded. For that reason alone I will upgrade in a few years after a house upgrade.

The wakeboard wake is awesome for me and the surf wave is crap but you can drop the rope.
For wakeboarding I run both rear (400lbs ea) about 3/4 full in the locker. And a center locker sac completely full (I think it's 275). I've messed with metal plates in the bow with mixed results. The nose dive wasn't worth the change in wake for us so we quit messing with it. Mostly novice riders on my boat so it wasn't a big issue.

I bought it cheap and would buy it again. Next boat will be a nautique as well.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-20-2016, 8:29 PM Reply   
My experience of the pro air hull is it is a little like the SV211. If you want a medium size wake with a little bit of ballast they are really good. BUT if you want to really fatten it up and run 1500+ of ballast the hull is not the best, it gets big quick but then stops growing regardless of how much weight you put in it. The sport hull probably doesn't get as big as quick but has potential to get much bigger, the wake just grows and grows as you add ballast.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-21-2016, 7:06 AM Reply   
Go sport if you have the option. The ballast in pro-airs was tiny. You are much better off with the extra room and putting a mostly full 750 in the rear compartment. I recommend Tube-Sacs (400 each) along the motor. They lay a little flatter and don't squeeze your motor cover shut if you need to get into it. Also measure the ski-well. You can fit a good size sac in their too.
Old     (Riley212)      Join Date: May 2015       04-08-2016, 5:08 PM Reply   
I would also choose the sport, supposedly the lifting strakes on the pro airs are a bad thing.

I used a 95 sport for several years, which just didin't have the rear compartment, we ran a 350 fat sack in the ski locker and a 750 on either side of the doghouse.
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-17-2016, 8:02 AM Reply   
I can offer some insight into the Pro vs. Air on the CC Nautiques. I had a Pro and one of my friends has the regular Air (Sport) model.
2000+ model years, keypads and gauges will be an issue, but you can fix the problems easily, but maybe not cheaply (keypads can be $$).

Wakes;
Pro Air can make a really good wake, we much preferred it over the regular Air. I had about 1500# of auto ballast installed, and the wake had a great transition and a really firm meaty wake. It's not huge, but for fun and progressing riders it's more than enough. As for the wake "topping" out in regards to added wake, we had a really full boat one day (some big boys onboard!), and the wake was awesome. I figure we had about 1500# in people and gear along with the ballast, and the wake was really good, close to a '08+ 210 stock, maybe bigger.
This hull can surf goofy side pretty well, it will take a lot of weight, but the surf wake is ok, better than the SAN/vdrive (old school hull).

Air/Sport will make a good wake, it takes ALOT of weight, more than the Pro, and the wake gets steep with a "trough" ala Super Air Vdrive (old school). If you like to slalom, this hull is a way better ski wake, not even close!

The boats are small inside, but liveable for a small crew if you have board racks and are organized. More than 6 and everybody is having to move when gearing up and there will be stuff on the floor for sure. Maintaining one is easy, and the Ford engines in the pre 2002 (maybe last year of the Ford?) are a really good setup for that boat.
These make great first inboard/wake boats, and for the budget are top notch boats...
Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-18-2016, 7:15 AM Reply   
I think we need pictures!