Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-02-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
We are coming over to OWC from frosty England for a week on the cable starting on Saturday and would appreciate advice on whether we should bring our wetsuits or not. This time last year we didn't need them. How is the temp this year?

Many thanks for your help and advice.
Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-02-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
so far the days are real nice, hot and sunny. havent been there in a while during the day, but was there last night, kinda late, and it was a little chilly, but not terrible, and once you got riding, you really didnt even notice the cold. I didn't have a wetsuit, but some of the kids did. I'd say during the day if it's nice out, you'll be fine without the suit. but I am a floridian .hahah Hope that helps you.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-02-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
A shorty is all you need all winter. If you have one I'd bring it in case the air temp drops. Otherwise, if you get all warm sunny days you probably won't need it unless you plan to ride in the evenings.

I may be there Sat and/or Sunday. Look for an old guy with grey hair and beard riding a Motive. I'll be hitting all the rails and sliders, and throwing a few scarecrows off the kickers and rolls off the water.
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-03-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Lighter luggage for us!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-03-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
I was down there this past weekend when it was a bit windy and chilly. We all trunked it without any discomfort.
Old    blind5            03-05-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
spring top is all you need
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-06-2006, 5:59 AM Reply   
We were there last week, wednesday the water was warmer than the air. But Friday was AWESOME! Love O-dub!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2006, 6:37 AM Reply   
Robyn, did the boys ride at O.town, were there in a couple of weeks.
Old     (andrew_dyrhood)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
Randy, you guys should change plans and meet me at TSR