Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-01-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Does anyone have an article that says something about the growth rate... i cant seem to find anything in a quick search... i remember reading or hearing something about it being one of the fastest growng sports in north america and got into an argument today at work... if anyone has an article the proof would help me win...

any help would be appreaciated
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-01-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
every year they publish a survey on how many people participate in certain sports and how often they do that sport. You can look it up and find the growth over a few years.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-01-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
yeah i was looking for one of those but couldnt find one that had wakeboarding any help (if you know of one) would be great
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-02-2006, 3:55 AM Reply   
The Water Sports Industry Association has the info. Their link is on the intleague.com page.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-02-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Karl I did a run through that website and still have yet to find anything... i must be totally blind
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-03-2006, 3:24 AM Reply   
Front page, scroll to the very bottom, on the right.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-03-2006, 4:38 AM Reply   
Hi Karl, I went to the website, and looked at all the sub menus and couldn't find it.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-03-2006, 5:21 AM Reply   
Front page, sponsor column, last one all the way down. It says WSIA.

Now I know why we are not on TV - not worth marketing to - cannot follow a marketing link.

Here is the link for those directionally challenged: http://www.watersportsindustry.com/

The numbers are not on their website. Contact them and ask for their statistics.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-03-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
And of course the executive director is Larry Meddock! Joey Meddocks dad and ex VP of Correct Craft.

(Message edited by solo on March 03, 2006)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-03-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
"The Water Sports Industry Association has the info. Their link is on the intleague.com page."

Maybe that is what the problem was KARL, we were looking for the info.....ya think?

not worth marketing to? Directionaly challenged?? WHATEVER!!!!

(Message edited by teamvaldez on March 03, 2006)
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-03-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Sorry - sarcasm does not come across well in text.
Old     (bakesonlinecom)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-05-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Man if one of my web site's growth is any indication then I believe it is the fastest growing! www.WakeboardNorthwest.com went from about 400 visits the first month to 15,000+ a short 5 or 6 months later!

Zack Clark
www.BakesOnline.com
www.WakeboardNorthwest.com