Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
Just wondering if any of you go through the same things. It just seems like there are periods of a couple of months where it seems like my progression is limitless. I feel so comfortable out there that I can throw my hardest trick (Which isn't much) on the first cut. Everything clicks and it's nothin but fun out there.

But on the flip side, it also seems where I go through periods where it is just the opposite which is where I am at now. Nothing feels right, it becomes an accomplishment when I can land the tricks I have down solid. Everything becomes a "mind game" where all I am doing is "thinking" when on the water and not just "doing" it.

I have been through before so I know it is only temporary. And I know I am not the only one because the others in my crew seem to go through the same thing. In fact there is one that always has to be on the opposite side of the spectrum, which is why I am waiting for him to ride like so I can do better..... I was just wondering if any of you feel the same way sometimes, and what you do to break the funk.

(Message edited by forwaken on February 25, 2006)
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
A guy i know gave the best advice for when you are in a funk, try new tricks, if you dont land them who cares you are in a funk, then when you land it, you are in your special mode (see tony hawk proskater)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-25-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
go have a dick-around set where you just screw around the whole time, try to get up backwards, put the handle on your leg and ride hands free, do some jumps and throw the handle and try to catch it, do ollies, ollie 180's, ollies to blind, butter slides, tail presses, ride one foot in, one foot out and put your hand on your board and stick your other foot in front of your or behind you, ride with both feet out, sit on your board and ride it. Use your imagination.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
Chad have fun and stop tripping. Sorry I had to pass the voices on to you that used to get in my head. (Is it the waton or nelson that pop better)
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       02-25-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
Hey Chad...even on your WORST day, you are better than my BEST day! Lots of sympathy here pal! We gotta ride again....
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-25-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
the best advice i have got is go out and act like it is any other day on the lake. and when your going through your tricks think of a song and sing to yourself in your head.
it will help get your mind off when the last time you landed the trick your attempting and you will naturally do the steps to execute the trick and stick it.
also make sure you just have fun and enjoy the day out riding.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
It's all your fault Squid, nah I am just playin. I know, and I think everyone on here is right, next time out is just one bul**** as sesh. Be prepared to pick me up a lot and a lot of, "MANNN, Are you allright?"

Howie- Are you sure you have the right Chad? Sorry if I have forgotten riding with you, but I don't ever remember riding with a Howie from San Jose before. If I have, please refresh my memory....
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
ever since i started riding the roam as my only board i have yet to have one of those days. if i get frustrated riding the wake or the wake isnt big enuf or the water isnt smooth enuf to my liking i jus go find new things to do. crazy ollies, powerslides, presses, butterslides, anything like that. i make it different, new and interesting so i never have bad days. now the only bad days i have are days where im not able to ride.
- i recomend everyone have a roam on thier boat....
-taking a bs sesh, spending the day riding switch, or trying new tricks only, or get completely waisted and try riding-hahaha. those are all things that you can do to mix it up
Old     (gdog)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-25-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
chad,

you ride fine chad, no worries. keep doing what you do best. have fun!! it will all come to you. not even tiger woods wins every time out!!! by the way you and squid are starting to sound the same. just kidding squid. lets go snowboarding so you can forget about the water and come back refreshed or broke off
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       02-25-2006, 10:17 PM Reply   
My Apologies to both Chads....I was thinking you were Chad McInnis (although I am sure you are much better than I am anyway). Anyway....the welcome mat is always out if you need a pull down my way.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-25-2006, 10:38 PM Reply   
Miranda.....No worries you still got me coverd....You need me to come down so you can see how much of a funk you aren't in.....My funk story...3 years and still garbage...now thats a funk......LOL
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2006, 11:16 PM Reply   
Howie-
I'll keep the invitation in mind, where do you ride?

Jason-
I've been jones'n to do the the whole wasted pull thing to stop the thinkin game. I'm hopin to do that soon. Gherk, Squid help me out on that tommorrow, before the weather get's bad, it is not supposed to rain until 12 or so. It's my vacation dammit!!!!!!

gsnieski- f the frozen water, you know I don't like that stuff. It's not that I'm not that good on it, I just don't like it......!

Jeff- Yeah, but your still hav'n fun. I am just thinkin. Besides the last few times out with you I've seen great progression from you. It's fun to watch others improve like you have. I hope try to use it as inspiration for myself.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2006, 11:18 PM Reply   
P.S. The pics of you on the Roam Jason have been the I have never ridden the board, but I have also never seen pics of anyone ridin it like a "normal" board like you have.

(Message edited by forwaken on February 25, 2006)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2006, 12:44 AM Reply   
chad- my ideas were jus hypothetical to get anyone out there to remind them to jus have fun no mater what it takes. thats the whole reason were out there anyways. thanks for the compliment. i love ridin that board and ill keep the photos comin as long as i have someone in the boat takin shots. im glad they are inspirational. hope you guys have a good time ridin tomorow before the rain. im hopin to beat the bad weather myself
Old     (rnthatrides)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-26-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
Hey my hottie. You alway look good to me out on that butter. Have fun. Listen to the music because I play the best for you. LOL. I will try to remember to keep you on an odd number next time out. .
If nothing eles chew gum it used to work for you.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       02-26-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
I ride just about everywhere, Anderson, Delta, Don Pedro...etc. Riding wednsday at Anderson or Delta.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-03-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
Chad

Dude maybe you need to come to Canada? I was in the same situation and I had to go down to CA and meet all of you guys to get out of mine. It taught me alot about having fun with my riding again. I only had one day where I let my temper get the best of me last summer, the summer before half my crew was getting to the point they didn't want to ride with me.

For me it's always been push push push and you know all things considered the days I push myself the hardest are often the days I ride the worst. That's not to say don't push yourself, I just think there are more constructive ways to do it.