Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-05-2004, 3:17 PM Reply   
In your experience in hitting the recommended rms, which speakers is louder for tower? The inifinity kappa 2 way or the Pioneer 4 way?

Infinity:
Features:

Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm Cone with Plus One Sizing
Hi-Roll Butyl Rubber Surround
Cast-Polymer Speaker Basket
Computer-Optimized 18 dB / octave Outboard Crossover
1" UniPivot Swiveling C.M.M.D. Tweeter

2-Way Speaker Specifications

Size: 6 x 9
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Frequency Response: 35-21,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 110W
Peak Power Handling: 330W
Impedance: 4 ohms

Pioneer:
Features

Aramid IMPP (Injection Molded Polypropylene) Rigilite Composite Cone Woofer
High Energy Ferrite Woofer Magnet
Deep Basket Design for Extended Bass
Kapton Voice Coil Bobbin
Butyl Rubber Surround
Cloth Damper
2 3/8" Pearl Polycarbon (PPC) Balanced Dome Midrange with Strontium Magnet
1 5/8" PPC Cone Tweeter
3/4" Ceramic Supertweeter
New REV-Style Grilles

4-Way Speaker Specifications

Size: 6 x 9
Sensitivity: 93 dB
Frequency Response: 25-30,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 100W
Peak Power Handling: 350W
Impedance: 4 ohms

(Message edited by typhoon on December 05, 2004)
Old    waterdog2            12-05-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
I have 4 of those pioneer's in my boat and they crank!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-05-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
I don't have any experience with the Kappa's but the pionners are LOUD & sound pretty nice.
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-06-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
we have 4 pioneer 5 ways and they are very very loud!!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-06-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
What is up with the large price difference and the infinities take a bit more power.
Old    waterdog2            12-06-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
The infinities handle more power, not use.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-06-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
The Kappas have a good sound but the Pioneers are louder. The Kappas seam to crap out sooner than alot of other speakers.

You should also look into Memphis,thier speakers scream, have good sound and the best part is the life time warrenty
Old    x9_greg            12-19-2004, 3:22 PM Reply   
i would go with the pioneer. i have them in my car they are real clear, and they go louder than i need them to go. in my opinion they are a good solid product and they look good.
Old    mcculloughrg            12-19-2004, 4:55 PM Reply   
I have 4 kappa's but if you want clear loud sound check out focals. Good deals on ebay. I'm not sure about the difference between kappa's and pioneer.
Good luck
Old    mcculloughrg            12-19-2004, 4:58 PM Reply   
Go round not oval for clear and loud.. Sorry I'm not trying to open a whole can of worms just giving my opinion
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-20-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
Have to agree with Rich here. I have six 6 3/4 Pioneers on my tower. They're loud and clear.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-26-2004, 6:58 PM Reply   
i have 4 Kappa 3-way 6x9's in the tower and am very happy with them. very loud. these are slightly different from the 2-ways you have mentioned, but just figured i'd let ya know that i love the kappas. (its also really cool how they come with crossovers)
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-05-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
If loudness is what your after the Pioneer @93db sensitivity will be 3x louder with the same amount of power then the Infinity's @ 90db. I love the sound of Infinity speakers. I have 2 sets of infinity kappa 6.5 components on my tower and agian love the sound but there not as loud as I would like. I'm going to switch them to Infinity reference series which are 92db instead of 90db for the Kappas. So I should still get that great infinity sound but better volume levels. In such a open enviroment I dont think I'll lose much sound quality and I'll stick the Kappas in my car.