Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       04-10-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
i've heard of people just using 303 on their boats & the results are incredible. i've also heard u should ALWAYS wax. which is better? what do u guys do?
Old    mklucas            04-10-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
303 is for the vinyl seating area, and wax is for the gelcoat - use both of them.
Old    hockeyruss            04-11-2004, 6:52 AM Reply   
there are 2 different types of 303, fabric (green label) is for the bimini, boat cover and carpet, 303 Vinyl (blue label) is for interior, wax is for the exterior hull, use all 3.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-11-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
I use 303(blue) on everything but my glass, canvas and carpet. After we pull out and wipe down, everything but the things stated above, gets a quick spray and wipe with the 303. It makes things look new and the UV protection is a good thing.

I do not believe that it replaces the need to wax.

Just my $.02....

E.J.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-11-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
I use to only use 303 on the hull. It says not to use wax with it because wax seals the gell coat and won't let the 303 penetrate the gelcoat. That being said I noticed after a few months the shine on the boat was lacking and the water did not seam to bead up on it. Plus it seamed like lake grime was harder to wipe off.

So I went back to waxing, I use Meguiers quick clean marine to wipe the boat down after every session. Then wax it once a season with a good wax. Then about once a month I wax it with Meguiers spray on wax. On the vinyl I use Meguiers vinyl cleaner to clean it and protect it. I will probably start using 303 again after I clean the vinyl with the Meguiers as a uv protectant on the vinyl, even though the Meguiers is supposed to protect it too.

I thought about using 303 on the hull again, but I wonder since I have been waxing it, if 303 does any good. Kinda confused.

By the way go to their website to buy 303, they sell galloon jugs of it for way cheaper than the stores.

By the way #2 LOL if you store your boat outside, 303 is great for the tires to keep them from sun rotting.

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on April 11, 2004)
Old     (bigasswake)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-11-2004, 11:16 AM Reply   
Both
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-11-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
I like the shine 303 gives the hull.... Plus, I think the UV protection is huge. So in my opinion, it is doing some good. I have never thought of it as a wax replacement. Just sunscreen for the boat.

Maybe I just bought into the hype, but I just got rid of my Cobalt and after 3 years the thing looked new. I think some of that is I take very good care of my boats, but maybe that includes buying 303 by the gallon and covering my boat in it.

E.J.