Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2008, 9:09 PM Reply   
just curious how often the auto bilge should go off a 2008 x2, my friends boat it was going off almost on the half hour when the boat was sitting in calm water.

the boat has 22 hours if that helps.

also the boat has that main power shut off under the seat, might be a stupid question but if that is set to OFF will the auto bilge work? reason i ask is last week he had it off and when he came back to the cottage (the boat is tied floating to the dock) the rear deck was about 12 inches under water mind you it rained alot that week aswell

if anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would be great, ill be googling aswell but want to hear first hand from owners

thanks again!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-04-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
Chase,

Talk to your dealer

not right to be leaking as such... I had mine sitting for a week and a half and it got maybe a pint of water as when it rains it goes into the interior area around the tower...

If you want the boat fixed right take it to Buckeye...

Drove past Sun and Ski a few times in the last couple of weeks and it looks like they are going outta business! 2 boats on premise, no cars, long weekend Sunday and locked gates??

Shoot me a message if you need some information on who to call at Buckeye.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-05-2008, 12:10 AM Reply   
If there is a master shut off it usually is a disconnect on a main battery and kills everything, unless you wire it with the autobilge direct to the battery.
Your leak is too big and the boat is too new. As stated by Greg, take it to a dealer.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
My buddy I believe will be calling the dealer today, its his second MC from buckeye, we were just talking about it yesterday at the dock and I dont believe buckeye was open so I was just trying to see how normal or unnormal it was.

thanks again guys
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-05-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
when you turn the switch to "off" in the new 08's it gives 24 hours of life to bilge etc. If I remember correctly.

Taking to the dealer is the only real way to get problem fixed as it could be several different things including shalf seal, rudder, ballast thu-hulls, speedo-pickup, etc...

Don't waste time as you could be missing valuable boarding time :-)
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-05-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
there should be no leaks..... my bilge area is bone dry every time I go out unless I take a wave over the bow or rain. 07 X2.
Old     (lennyp04)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-05-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Two things. Check the packing material around the prop shaft and check all of your plugs for tightness. When our 07 X1 was about a week old we had quite a bit of water in it, so the MC mechanic came to our lake house and was able to turn the "T" handle plug about 5-6 more times then what it was. Since then very minimal water in bilge.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
oh we got our fair share of riding in this weekend, ive rode and surfed so much my arms and legs are mush this morning.

but yah, no doubt a leak because its like every 30 mins and its alot of water, my guess was the shaft seal aswell, but will find out soon what it is.

good to know about the 24 hours on the autobilge aswell
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2008, 1:16 PM Reply   
I don't believe my 08 x2 bilge has ever turned on so you definitly have an issue. for a quick check, check that the little hose that goes to the dripless seal on the shaft didn't fall off. other than that you have a rudder, shaft, 2 tailpipes, one ballast intake, perfect pass, raw water intake to check as well. I agree with everyone else, but I would spend 15 minutes looking for something easy and then let the dealer figure it out.

I believe my bilge bypasses the battery kill. Look at the switch, it has a special fuse for the two bilges that I "think" bypass the off switch.