View Larger Image
2003 Liquid Force Substance 41 UC
When Shawn began brainstorming about this design, his ideas were all over the map. One thing he knew, though, was that he wanted a board that would be more precise than his former pro model. While working on the new designs, he and Jimmy began to realize that his new shape was not only going to be better for him, but for the general rider as well. The new shape they were coming up with sat a bit lower in the water, still bucked off the wake like the Helix, yet edged with ease. The results were pretty obvious to them and now they will be to the rest of the world. In Shawns first month of riding a production version of his new shape, he won the WWA Nationals. His riding has become more explosive, more fluid and hes having the time of his life on his Substance. You may not win Nationals on this board, but we guarantee each session will feel like a winning performance.
- Subtle, Scalloped Diamond Tail Shape - Extended hold up the wake, and increased pop off the tail
- Variable edge rail shape - Softens through the center of board and hardens as it nears the tail. Loose, forgiving feel when in neutral position; locks in and accelerates faster when you put more pressure on tail
- Quad channels that grow to deep, molded-in side fins - Great hold in the water and clean sliding on rails
- Accelerator tip slots at both nose and tail - Creates unbelievable thrust and lift
- 3 stage rocker running throughout the board - Lots of pop when driven off of the tail. Control and stability when in neutral position
- Removable, long based center fin - Allows you to fine tune board to your needs. Looser without the fin, more locked in with the fin.
- Reinforced insert bar with Sealed Inserts - Solid locking platform for bindings, no water seepage into core
- Epoxy coated hulls - Retains all the crispness of the original shape
- PBT top-sheet - Shiny, durable, looks great
- Fins attached with two -20 screws - Fins that stay on the board, with a tight, flush fit at the base
Wood is good. Weve said that for a while now and we truly mean it. Nothing can compare to the spring and float that you experience from a balsa core board. When we were first to come out with a balsa core last season, we were going for more than just a 'lightweight' version of our advanced boards. Although, the Ultracores came out over 20% lighter than any other board available, our foam boards were already the lightest boards on the market. Instead, we were aiming for an innovation that would change the overall feel of the ride. Our Ultracore series takes the most advanced shapes in our line and gives them more life than you could have ever imagined. The spring thats caused by the flexibility of the balsa core is unmatched. Nothing feels better coming off the water. Ride a Substance, Balance or Subjekt Ultracore. Experience the best ride in your life.
- The lightest most advanced boards ever built - 20% lighter than our foam versions
- Precision milled, composite Balsa core - Balsa wood core provides a longer, truer life than foam
- Flex that feels alive - only found in Balsa core - Snaps out of turns, springs off the wake, lands softer
- Unique internal dampening system - Disperses the shock on landings. Prevents pressure dings
- High density foam tip blocks - Durable foam tips provide extra strength