Orlando, Fla. - Tigé has announced the second round of monthly winners for the first-of-its-kind MyWake Global Challenge in all of the contest divisions. Using a format that leverages the borderless virtual landscape of the internet to encourage wakeboarders, wakeskaters and wakesurfers to submit their very best run online via mywake.tige.com, monthly winners, depending on their division, are eligible for cash prizes and an invite a to a live two-day final competition in Orlando.
One of the most recognizable faces in all of wakeboarding, Rusty Malinoski, claimed first place in the Pro Men division, which received a list of entries from some of the sport’s best. Top professional videos in June also came from Nicola Butler (Pro Women), Noah Flegel (Junior Pro Men). Brandon Thomas (Pro Wakeskate), Chris Kinsey (Pro Men Wakesurf), Korina Smyrek (Pro Women Wakesurf), Dominic Lagace (Pro Men Skim), Caroline Villeneuve (Pro Women Skim). The complete list of June winners includes:
- Rusty Malinoski (Pro Men)
- Nicola Butler (Pro Women)
- Noah Flegel(Junior Pro Men)
- Brandon Poser (Masters Men)
- Kim Polhamus (Masters Women)
- Corbin Blanton (Amateur Men)
- Timmy Burnier (Amateur Junior Men)
- Sam Brown (Boys)
- Madisen McCearry (Girls)
- Brandon Thomas (Pro Wakeskate)
- Ryan Vigil (Amateur Wakeskate)
- Josh Hamon (Amateur Women Wakeskate)
- Heather Lusk (Amateur Women Wakesurf)
- Dominic Lagace (Pro Men Skim)
- Taylor Dorey (Amateur Women Skim)
- Ryan Stewart (Amateur Men Wakesurf)
- Sam Girard (Amateur Men Skim)
- Brent Dorey (Masters Men Wakesurf)
- Angie Viland (Masters Women Wakesurf)
- Eddie Blondeau (Juniors Wakesurf)
Recognizing the game-changing format of the MyWake Global Challenge, PCM Engines upped the ante of the contest and is now doubling all Tigé prize money for the monthly winners. With the matched money from PCM Engines, overall prizes for the online and live portions of the contest are more than $35,000. The monthly prizes are as follows:
- Pro Men - $500 per winning monthly video + $500 PCM Double Money
- Pro Women - $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
- Jr. Pro Men - $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
- Pro Wakeskate - $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
- Pro Surf Male - $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
- Pro Surf Female - $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
- Pro Skim Male - $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
- Pro Skim Female - $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
Through July 31, riders have their final chance to enter the Tigé MyWake Global Challenge. Winners from the May and June contests are not eligible to win again, so new participants and repeat participants who have not yet placed first in a division are highly encouraged to continue with new video submissions. Riders can enter each unique event by submitting a two-minute unedited video of their best run to Tige.com or to the event site mywake.tige.com. World Wakeboard Association (WWA) judges will review the submissions and select the monthly winners. Also, monthly winners will be invited to the live final main event in Orlando.
“Congratulations to the June winners of the Tigé MyWake Global Challenge, we saw some incredible entries,” said Tigé Director of Marketing, Daniel Gutierrez. “For riders who have yet to win their division there is now a clean slate for July. This is the final month to submit videos to become eligible for the live contest in September, so keep filming your best runs and submit them to Tige.com for a chance to win.”
The 2012 Tigé MyWake Global Challenge will host the live finals event on Sept. 10-11 at Buena Vista Watersports in Orlando, Fla. The Live Finale will bring together top professional riders from pro divisions of the three sports in a pro-am style contest to battle for the top podium spot behind the new and innovative Tigé Z3. To register for the contest and submit a video visit mywake.tige.com.
Each amateur division will pit the three monthly winners, plus the one Tigé Ride Day winner, against each other in an online final for worldwide bragging rights and other great prizes.
Tigé Boats is an independent, design-driven company, celebrating 20-years of uncompromising boat design. Tigé produces a unique product line ranging from 20 to 24 feet in length, supporting a dealer network serving 15 countries, including United States and Canada. Want more Tigé? Get your fix at Tige.com.