Pro and Amateur Athletes Have Until Aug. 31 to Enter Competition
Orlando, Fla. - After reviewing a competitive stream of global video submissions from the world’s best wakeboarders, wakeskaters and wakesurfers, Tigé has announced the highly-anticipated July winners of the revolutionary MyWake Global Challenge presented by Polaroid Action. July’s winners join June’s first-place finishers in forming a field of some of the biggest names in the sport, who will battle it out at a dramatic Live MyWake Main Event in Sparks, NV. on Oct. 4-6, 2013.
Among the top names securing spots in the Live MyWake Main Event with July division wins are Shota Tezuka (Pro Men Wakeboard), Amber Wing (Pro Women Wakeboard), Noah Flegel (Junior Pro Wakeboard), Dieter Humpsch (Pro Wakeskate), Keenan Flegel (Pro Men’s Skim), James Walker (Pro Men’s Surf), Bri Chmel (Pro Women’s Skim) and Ashley Kidd (Pro Women’s Surf). A complete list of July’s winners includes:
- Pro Men Wakeboard - Shota Tezuka
- Pro Women Wakeboard - Amber Wing
- Junior Pro Men Wakeboard - Noah Flegel
- Masters Men Wakeboard - Joe Swell
- Amateur Men Wakeboard - Danny Chatin
- Amateur Junior Men Wakeboard - Jack Schaefer
- Amateur Junior Women Wakeboard - Katherine Grant
- Boys Wakeboard - Tyler Hingham
- Girls Wakeboard - Emme Sutherly
- Pro Wakeskate - Dieter Humpsch
- Pro Men’s Skim - Keenan Flegel
- Pro Men’s Surf - James Walker
- Pro Women Skim - Bri Chmel
- Pro Women’s Surf - Ashley Kidd
- Amateur Women Wakeskate - Kayla Anderson
- Amateur Women Wakesurf - Marie France Noel
- Amateur Women Skim - Marie France Noel
- Amateur Men Wakesurf - Zane Montgomery
- Amateur Men Skim - Shane Blanton
- Masters Men Wakesurf - Shannon Robinson
- Masters Women Wakesurf - Sue Penner
- Juniors Boys Wakesurf - Cobe France
- Juniors Girls Wakesurf - Ella Sorensen
In addition to earning a spot in the Live MyWake Main Event, pro competitors are awarded monthly prizes as follows:
- Pro Men - $1000 per winning monthly video
- Pro Women - $500 per winning monthly video
- Jr. Pro Men - $500 per winning monthly video
- Pro Wakeskate - $500 per winning monthly video
- Pro Surf Male - $500 per winning monthly video
- Pro Surf Female - $500 per winning monthly video
- Pro Skim Male - $500 per winning monthly video
- Pro Skim Female - $500 per winning monthly video
August is the final month for riders to submit online videos and can do so through Aug. 31. Monthly winners are only eligible for one first-place finish, so new participants and repeat participants who have not yet placed first in a division are highly encouraged to continue with new video submissions. Riders can enter each unique event by submitting a video of their best runs to mywake.com. World Wakeboard Association (WWA) judges will review the submissions and select the monthly winners.
For riders not claiming a monthly victory, free registration is offered to amateurs and pros who can submit for an invitation to the Live Finals in a Pro-Am Style competition at Sparks Marina near Reno, NV. by visiting mywake.com.
For more information about the Tigé MyWake Global Challenge, including rules, regulations and entry, visit mywake.com.
Tigé Boats, the only inboard manufacturer to be awarded eight consecutive Excellence in Customer Service awards, is an independent, design-driven company, celebrating over 20-years of uncompromising boat design. Tige produces the most innovative product line, ranging from 20 to 24 feet in length and specializing in premier wakeboarding and wakesurfing boats. Tige supports a worldwide dealer network, and is the current WSIA Leadership Buzz Brand of the Year -- check out what everyone’s been talking about at Tige.com.
About Polaroid Action
For more information, visit polaroidstore.com or Find us on Facebook for free swag.