STILLWATER, USA – The KICKER KM6500.2 HLCD Tower Component System offers boaters and wakesports riders the ultimate musical experience as the world’s first horn-loaded, compression-driver component system.
The KM6500.2 consists of two 6.5-inch, high-efficiency midrange speakers with lightweight, dual neo-magnet technology and cast-aluminum baskets with heat-sinking properties, delivering maximum sound quality. Included is a pair of 2-inch, horn-loaded compression drivers with titanium diaphragms and phase plugs coupled to 60-degree-vertical-by-90-degree-horizontal, advanced tractrix horns to help push music out to the skier, wakeboarder or wakesurfer. Integrated crossovers complete the package.
KICKER KM6500.2 tower speakers are engineered with the highest design standards. They are built to fit standard 6.5-inch speaker cans, making it easy for practically any boater with an existing tower can to replace with little effort. What sets the KM6500.2 apart from the crowd are the tractrix horns, which also fits the same existing tower can with the same hole diameter and bolt pattern as the KM6500.2 midrange speakers.
UV treatments on the midranges’ injection-molded cones, Santoprene surrounds, baskets, and grilles help them to last in freshwater or saltwater environments. These speakers endure most any weather conditions with UV-resistant treatments and splash- and spray-resisting, sealed midrange motors and cones.
Water-resistant, bolt-thru grilles offer added speaker protection, and all hardware is made from rustproof, 316L stainless steel. KICKER Marine Components meet or exceed industry standards for environmental humidity and corrosion* and for material degradation due to UV exposure.**
The midrange-driver pair is also available separately as the KICKER KM6500 Midrange Speaker System, providing another weapon for those seeking the superior musical quality and extreme performance of a six-driver system.
KICKER is a member of the American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC), a leader in education for the marine industry, and the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), which supports the U.S. recreational boating industry.
KICKER performance audio systems, a division of Stillwater Designs and Audio, Inc., are available for the mobile and home audio aftermarket at authorized dealers worldwide, and also through selected Original Equipment Manufacturers. Consumers needing more information on KICKER or Livin’ Loud may call the Consumer Information Line at 1-800-256-5425 or visit the brand Web site at kicker.com. Follow KICKER at facebook.com/kickeraudio and twitter.com/kickeraudio.
* ASTM B117 200 hr. Salt Fog Test
** ASTM G154 400 hr. Accelerated UV Test
KICKER KM6500.2 HLCD Tower Component System Specifications
- Model - KM6500.2
- Woofer (in, cm) - 6-1/2, 16.5
- Tractrix Horn - 60°-vertical x 90°-horizontal
- Compression Driver (in, cm) - 1.7, 4.3
- Max Rec Amplifier Power (peak) - 400
- Max Rec Amplifier Power (RMS) - 200
- Frequency Response (Hz) - 50-22k
- Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m) - 94.5
- Crossover - 18dB/octave high pass @ 1700Hz, 12dB/octave low pass @ 1700Hz
- Woofer mounting hole diameter (in, cm) - 5-11/16, 144
- Woofer mounting depth (in, cm) - 3-7/8, 99
- HLCD mounting hole diameter (in, cm) - 5-11/16, 144
- HLCD mounting depth (in, cm) - 7-3/16, 183
- High frequency output level, dB - 0 or +6
- MSRP - $599.95
KICKER KM6500 Midrange System Specifications
- Model - KM6500
- Woofer (in, cm) - 6-1/2, 16.5
- Impedance (ohms, rated) - 4
- Max Rec Amplifier Power (peak) - 200
- Max Rec Amplifier Power (RMS) - 100
- Frequency Response (Hz) - 50-1.7k
- Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m) - 90.5
- Crossover - 12dB/octave low pass @ 1700Hz
- Mounting hole diameter (in, cm) - 5-11/16, 144
- Mounting depth (in, cm) - 3-7/8, 99
- MSRP - $299.95