Kicker CompVT Subwoofer and PX Monoblock Amplifier Provide Punishing Bass in Unique Powersports Applications
STILLWATER, USA – KICKER Performance Audio now provides legendary bass for powersports enthusiasts who expect and demand only the best equipment when battling the elements. The KICKER CompVT CVT651 Shallow-Mount Subwoofer paired with a PX200.1 Monoblock Amplifier is specifically designed for powerful, loud and clear audio for any activities when powersports vehicles and "toys" clash with the harsh outdoors. The package is great for motorcycles, boats, UTVs, hot rods, golf carts, snowmobiles or even tractors, and it offers a bass solution that weekend warriors have been seeking for years.
Space-saving features allow the CompVT have an amazing mounting depth of less than three inches! The weather-proof CompVT is recommended to work best in an infinite-baffle (free-air) design with no enclosure, such as in a hard saddlebag or fairing on a motorcycle. Precise KICKER engineering lets the CompVT pound with limited space. A special four-layer voice coil provides the woofer the ability to work with serious amounts of power without the bulk. The woofer’s stiff, injection-molded, modified-spoke cone is shaped to provide maximum excursion from a slender basket, allowing the ideal amount of flex for better strength and durability.
The PX200.1 amplifier (200 watts RMS x 1 @ 0.4 Ohms, 14.4V) is specifically designed for motorized vehicles with small battery/charging systems. It offers an incredibly small footprint (2 x 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 inches) that can be installed in motorcycle saddle bags or fairings, glove compartments and other previously unusable spaces. The PX200.1 amp’s uncanny coolness during operation is mostly due to a KICKER first – Direct Amp Technology, meaning it uses the host vehicle’s charging system as its power supply for amazing 90-percent efficiency. The technology also allows it to draw less than 15 amps for solid power output without taxing the vehicle’s limited charging capacity.
The sound output is undeniably KICKER. The PX200.1 takes into account real-world, open-air listening in powersports applications, smartly directing precious power where it succeeds – in the 40-to-250-hertz frequency range where an outdoor listener can truly hear and feel it. It also contains a differential audio circuit that reduces engine noise in the audio system for low T.H.D. (total harmonic distortion) and superb clarity at high volumes.
The PX200.1 is weather-resistant with a conformal-coated circuit board for extra protection against the elements. It includes a selectable, on/off bass boost of +6 decibels centered at 60 hertz, among several other features.
KICKER Performance Audio products, a division of Stillwater Designs and Audio, Inc.®, are available for the mobile and home audio aftermarket at authorized dealers worldwide, and also through selected Original Equipment Manufacturers. Consumers needing more information on KICKER or Livin’ Loud® may call the Consumer Information Line at 1-800-256-5425 or visit the brand Web site at kicker.com. Follow KICKER on Facebook and Twitter.
KICKER Powersports CompVT Subwoofer Specifications
- Model - CompVT651
- Woofer (in., cm) - 6.5, 16.5
- Impedance (Ohms) - 1
- Max Rec Amplifier Power (watts peak) - 300
- Max Rec Amplifier Power (watts RMS) - 150
- Frequency Response (Hz) - 25-350
- Mounting Depth (in., cm) - 2-7/8, 7.3
- Mounting Cutout (in., cm) - 5-9/16, 14
- Max Rec Sealed Box Vol (cu. ft., liters) - 3.0, 85
- Min Rec Sealed Box Vol (cu. ft., liters) - 0.2, 5.7
- Max Rec Vented Box Vol (cu. ft., liters) - N/A
- Min Rec Vented Box Vol (cu. ft., liters) - N/A
KICKER PX-Series Monoblock Amplifier Specifications
- Model (at 14.4V) PX200.1
- Power (watts), 0.4 Ohm mono: 200
- Power (watts), 1 Ohm mono: 100
- Frequency Response (Hz): 40-250
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB): 90
- Dims (in, mm): 2 x 3-1/2 x 4-3/4, 50.6 x 88.2 x 120.7
- Input Sensitivity: high level 250mV-10V, low level 125mV-5V
- Active Crossover: 24dB/octave, selectable 100 or 250Hz low pass
- Subsonic Filter: 24dB/octave, hi-pass fixed at 40Hz
- Bass Boost: selectable 0dB or +6dB, centered at 60Hz