Charleston, SC – The 34th annual Charleston Boat Show launches at the Charleston Area Convention Center this Friday, January 24th and continues through Sunday, January 26th.
The highly anticipated, family event has become a Lowcountry tradition and a springboard to the upcoming boating season. The region’s premier boat dealers will be on-site to showcase a multitude of powerboats including: sport cruisers, motor and express yachts, sport fishing boats, center console fishing boats, bass boats, bow riders, deck and aluminum boats, runabouts, bay boats, shallow water flat skiffs , jet skis and family cruisers. Many of the dealers will be offering show-only sales prices.
In addition to offering the great bargains on boats and marine accessories, the Charleston Boat Show includes these highlights:
• The Russian Tupolev N007. Designed to rescue downed pilots in the Arctic Circle, this “flying boat” is capable of speeds over 120 mph! It’s the only surviving craft of its kind. This piece of cold war history will be on display throughout the weekend in the parking lot. More information on the Tupolev N007 can be found at RussianBoat.com.
• The ever-popular Coastal Fishing Expo, sponsored by Coastal Angler Magazine, returns this year offering free seminars on topics such as knot tying, cast netting, saltwater fishing and Jr. Anglers Fishing Fun Time to name a few.
• Have you ever wanted to talk to a pirate? Want to know what it’s really like on a pirate ship that sails the seas? Now’s your chance! The Plundering Pirates of Paradise will entertain and inform at this year’s Charleston Boat Show. Performances are Saturday, at noon and 3:00 p.m. and Sunday, 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
• The Coastal Angler Magazine’s Angler Academy is the Lowcountry’s premier comprehensive saltwater fishing school. It’s a fun and easy way for anglers to hone skills and learn the latest techniques for catching big fish from nationally recognized pros like Tim Barefoot, of Barefoot Products, and Jodie Gay, of Bluewater Candy.
• Always a favorite with the kids is face painter, Susan Fedor, who is will be at the show
Saturday from noon to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Charleston Boat Show is proud to announce its partnership with the following sponsors for this year’s show: Allstate, Bristol Marina, Maritime Insurance, Palmetto Boat Sales, Charleston City Marina, My Carolina Concierge, Charleston City Boatyard and Haus.
The Charleston Boat Show is hosted by the Tri-County Marine Trade Association and produced by JBM & Associates.
• Friday, January 24: Noon-7pm
• Saturday, January 25: 10am-7pm
• Sunday, January 26: 11am-5pm
• $9 adults
• $5 Military
• $4 Kids ages 4-12
• Kids 3 & under- FREE
• Parking: FREE
For more information, visit TheCharlestonBoatShow.com.
JBM & Associates is an event management and marketing firm with a focus on consumer show management. JBM produces The Charleston Boat Show, the Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show, and the Charleston In-Water Boat Show. For more information please visit, JBMShows.com.