New Features at 32nd Annual Charleston Boat Show Fun for the whole family, January 27-29
The 32nd annual Charleston Boat Show, sponsored by Mercury Marine will be held January 27-29, 2012 at the North Charleston Convention Center.
The Charleston Boat Show is the Lowcountry’s biggest boat show and sale featuring the latest models, many offered at discount prices. The region’s leading dealers will be on-site to showcase a multitude of powerboats including: sport cruisers, motor and express yachts, sport fishing boats, center console fishing boats, bass boats, bow riders, deck and aluminum boats, runabouts, bay boats, shallow water flat skiffs and family cruisers.
Exhibitors will feature an extensive assortment of the latest in marine and fishing products including: fishing tackle and accessories, marine electronics, boat lifts, dock systems, marine finance and insurance and nautical jewelry and artwork.
Attendees will find favorites from previous years’ Show as well as some exciting new features:
- History Channel’s Swamp People- Trapper Joe and his stepson Trigger Tommy have hunted together since Tommy was a little boy. Joe’s passing on to Tommy all the swamp secrets he learned from his own father. Forgetful Tommy can sometimes be a handful, but this gator-hunting team always ends up delivering the goods. Scheduled to appear Friday and Saturday.
- Coastal Fishing Expo provides a wide variety of fishing seminars, demonstrations, and one-on-one discussions with local experts. These educational seminars, for fisherman of all skill levels, are scheduled Saturday and Sunday of the Show. Kids Fishing Clinics presented by Captain Brian Garris with Reel Deal Charters will focus on teaching children fishing ethics as well as how to select the right lures and tackle, tie knots and cast nets. Prizes will be provided.
- Come see the show's first ever Wing Eating Contest with Q104.5 and The Kickin' Chicken! The wings will start "flyin" at 3 p.m. Saturday, January 28! Listen to Q104.5 for your chance to be a contestant and win the Grand Prize of a 40" TV.
- Adults and kids are invited to come test their skills at The Fishing Simulator presented by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
- Kids will enjoy the bouncy houses and Susan Fedor, face painter Saturday and Sunday.
- Miami Coast Guard Boating Safety Trailer will be onsite teaching safety for the whole family.
- Sticky Fingers Smokehouse will delight us with their delicious food including Frogmore Stew, hickory smoked ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, jumbo wings and more.
The Charleston Boat Show is sponsored by Mercury Marine and hosted by the Tri County Marine Trade Association. Sponsors include Allstate Insurance and Stage Presence Event Rentals. The Show is produced by JBM & Associates.
- Friday, January 27: Noon-6pm
- Saturday, January 28: 10am-6pm
- Sunday, January 29: 11am-5pm
- $8 adults ($5 on Friday)
- $5 Military
- $3 Kids ages 4-12
- Kids 3 & under- FREE
- Parking: FREE
For more information, visit TheCharlestonBoatShow.com.
JBM & Associates is an event management and marketing firm with a focus on consumer show management. JBM produces The Charleston Boat Show, the Savannah Boat & Outdoor Show, the Upstate Women’s Show, the Spice of Life Food & Fitness Fest and the Columbia Women’s Show scheduled to launch in February 10-12. For more information please visit, JBMShows.com.