2011 Cablewakeboard.com National Points Chase
- Author: TSR Press Release
- Categorized in: Articles, News
The Chase will take part at 10 different full size Cable Parks across the United States from June 13th to July 14th. The Championship will be held at McCormick's in Tampa, Florida on September 8th-11th. (We are planning an Obstacles-Only event that will incorporate all 2-Tower parks at the Championships.) There will be seven divisions broken up by discipline and ability: Wakeboard (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Pro), Wakeskate (Amateur and Pro) and Wakeski will be an exhibition event again for 2011.
- WakeNation Cincinnati
- WakeNation Houston
- Ski Rixen
Eight different cable parks and over 400 different riders took part in the 2010 CableWakeboard.com Points Chase. Be part of the United States' most successful series of cable wakeboard and wakeskate tournaments ever. This series has cultivated riders like Tom Fooshee, who worked his way up the divisions on his way to becoming the world’s best cable wakeboarder. The goal of the points series was to help each park improve the level of riding and continue to progress the sport by asking each park to host their own five-week series. The cable parks embraced the idea and the series was born. 2010 Local events saw as many as 61 riders attend a single weeknight event. Riders and local media were more involved than ever because of the nationwide points chase involving parks across the country made each local event part of something bigger.
Overall champions will be crowned at each of the ten parks determined by the rider’s 4 out of 5 best weeks. Riders were allowed to compete at any of the participating parks and their scores would count towards their final point total. To qualify for the CableWakeboard.com National Points Championship, riders must have finished in the top five overall at their home park. The top three riders will count towards the team scoring while fourth and fifth place will be alternates but also compete individually. In 2010, Texas Ski Ranch took home the team championship, but McCormick's and OWC made a strong push for the team title. McCormick's in Tampa, Florida will host the championship event September 8-11.
- 7 Divisions: Wakeboard (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced & Pro) Wakeskate (Amateur and Pro) and Wakeski.
- Beginning the week of 6/13 and ending 7/14
- $15/entry fee or $60 for all five up front
- Qualify for the Overall Points Championship in October at TSR by placing in the top five in your division overall
- Represent your park if you finish in the top three overall for your local series
- Wakeskate, Advanced & Pro Wakeboard: Kickers 25%, Sliders 25%, Air Tricks 40%, Composition 10%
- Intermediate Wakeboard & Amateur Wakeskate: Kickers 35%, Sliders 35%, Riding, Ollie & Air Tricks 20%, Composition 10%
- Beginner Wakeboard: Kickers 30%, Sliders 50%, Riding & Ollie Tricks 10%, Composition 10%
- Wakeski: 100% Overall run subjective
Trick Limitations by Division
- Pro Wakeboard, Pro Wakeskate & Wakeski: No Limitations
- Advanced Wakeboard:
Spins: up to front side 540s or backside 360s. Riders will be able to throw one 720 or HS backside five in their normal run.
- Air Tricks/Kickers: up to Blind Landing Tricks These blind tricks are all ok, all other are not allowed:
- Roll2Blind, Blind Judge, Front2Blind, S2Blind, Tant2Blind, tootsie (Sbends, 90210s & whirleys are allowed but no other full twisting inverts)
- Rails: Judges Discrestion, WildCard Trick Only: No Restrictions
- Intermediate Wakeboard:
Spins: up to front side 540s or backside 360s
Air Tricks/Kickers: Basic Inverts & Raileys, no blind or full twisting tricks
Rails: Judges Discrestion
. WildCard Trick Only: Advanced run restrictions (No 720’s or BS5’s)
- Beginner Wakeboard:
Spins: up to front side 360's or HS backside 180s
Air Tricks/Kickers: No Air tricks, Ollie 180 and ollie 360's ok
Rails: Judges Discrestion
, NO Transfers or Gaps fo sure. No WildCard
- Amateur Wakeskate: Kickers: Frontside 180's, HS & TS Airs (NO: BS spins or FS 360 or more, no shuv or flip tricks off). Flats Tricks: Shuv FS & BS, 180 body varials, 180's fs & bs (NO: 360 shuv, Big Spins & Flip Tricks) Rails: Riding them, spins up to 360 on them, 1 shuv either off or on top of, not onto the box or rail. (NO: Everything else) No WildCard
Each rider will get two turns. All divisions except beginner and amateur wakeskate will get a wildcard. The rider’s run will begin when he or she leaves the dock and will continue until he or she falls or the carrier reaches tower one a second time. This means the rider gets a full lap and an extra pass on the first stretch. (This may vary from site to site due to size of the cable.) The rider must let go before tower one. We will go through the running order and then return to the first rider and go through the complete order a second time. If you do not fall on your second run you should hold on and do your wildcard trick (Not beginner or amateur wakeskate), which is one trick anywhere in the course. Only do the single trick or the judges may score the wrong trick. If you fall on your second run return to the dock immediately and you will then get a third turn to perform your wildcard trick.
The same trick will not be scored twice in the same run but can be repeated in the second run since the judges will be taking the best turn not a combination of the two. The wildcard trick will be added to the riders best turn.
Format may change slightly between parks, check with your local park for exact details! This format and breakdown will be used for the Championship Sept. 8-11, 2010 at Tampa. For more information, contact your local cable park or go to CableWakeboard.com to follow the chase to the Points Championship. Riders can qualify for the Points Championship if they place in the top three/five in each division at their local series. The top three will represent their home park and if you are 4th or 5th you can still compete as an individual. For information about participating in this series or sponsoring the chase please email email@example.com. For sponsoring the individual park events, please contact the park managers.