I can think of no better way to celebrate Chuck Norris' 68th birthday than for me to spend it sifting through thousands of Randall Harris facts in order to finally bust the myth that Mr. Norris is the toughest guy on earth! Although we received an awful lot of facts about the toughness of Randall Harris, I was tasked with choosing the 10 that best illustrated the impact Randall has had on wakeboarding.
Although this contest, inspired by www.chucknorrisfacts.com, was all in fun, the fact that so many have taken the time to participate shows the respect and admiration that Randall has earned over the years with his incredible mastery of all that is wakeboarding and his seemingly impossible accomplishments.
The lucky participants that submitted the top ten Randall facts will be generously rewarded with all kinds of goods from Randy's board sponsor, Gator Boards. Just look at all the goods that will be distributed...
- 2008 GB Legend Randall Harris Pro Model wakeboard
- 2008 GB Gator closed-toe bindings
- 2008 GB Deuce Pop wakeskate
- 2008 GB Leather Wrap handle
- 2008 GB Lugger backpack
- 2008 GB Gothic zip hoodie
- 2008 GB Bandito t-shirt
- 2008 GB O.G hat
- Transgression GB Team DVD
- Transgression GB Team DVD
Ladies and gentlemen, here are your winners. Although we list the prizes from first to last, we're going the opposite direction for the top ten Randall Harris facts...
- When Randall Harris is done wakeboarding, he doesn't drop the handle. He pulls the boat to a stop. (Jeff Frew)
- The discrepency between magnetic north and true north is caused by Randall spinning off axis. This is known as magnetic declination or, simply, The Vandall Effect. (David Wertz)
- Randall did not appear in Gravity Sucks because he's not affected by gravity. (John Gresko)
- Chuck Norris wears Randall Harris pajamas. (John Haile)
- In August of 2005 Randall Harris went wakeboarding in the Gulf of Mexico for the first time. Few expected the levees to break in New Orleans. (Alan Plotz)
- Randall Harris dosent pop off the wake. He pushes the earth down beneath him. (Mike Sullivan)
- Randall Harris doesn't wear a life vest. That's a lead vest to make sure he does eventually come down. (Austin Bangerter)
- Randall Harris works for Google Earth in his spare time. He takes the pictures. (Jake Bendler)
- Randall Harris didn't take a two-year "break" from wakeboarding. Wakeboarding requested a two-year stress-related leave of absence from Randall Harris. (Derek McDonald)
- Randall Harris doesn't need to wet down sliders. They see him coming and wet themselves. (Stewart Albert)
Thanks to everyone that sent in a Randall Harris fact. A special thanks also goes out to Randall himself for being such a good sport with our dorky little contest and for providing our eyes with so much great wakeboarding.