Cory Teunissen And Sean Silveira Take Home The Wakeboard And Wakesurf Overall Championship Wins
WARSAW, Indiana — The final stop of the 2018 Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour (PWT) brought the world’s top wakeboarders and wakesurfers to Center Lake in Warsaw, IN to compete for the PWT finals. The athletes left nothing on the table as they battled it out to get on the podium for the final round and the overall championship finals.
Highlights from the day include:
• Reed Hansen makes his first final on the Pro Wakesurf Tour and earns third place for the day. As the winningest wakeskater of all time, Reed is used to victories, but it felt extra special to make his first pro wakesurf podium at this stage of his storied career.
• Sean Silveira wins the overall Pro Wakesurf Tour title. After taking third overall last year, Sean put together an incredible season that highlighted his unique set of skills and styles to take the top spot with 365 total points.
• Tyler Higham wins Pro Wakeboard Tour Rookie of the Year. He finished fourth overall today at Warsaw, and put together a really strong season. Tyler came in 6th in the PWT overall championship rankings with a total score of 242 points.
• Nic Rapa earns the respect of fellow competitors and the crowd when it's revealed after the event that he was competing with a fractured fibula. Nic went into the final stop with a solid lead for the overall title. Despite his injury, he not only managed to ride, but he made it to the finals. Ultimately, he couldn't overcome it, and finished in fifth place. He still managed to finish the season in second overall with 350 total points.
• The Pro Men's Wakeboard podiums at Warsaw featured another Australian sweep, for both the event and for the overall PWT standings. It was further proof of just how successful the Aussie wakeboarders have become on the professional circuit, especially the PWT, which is the most competitive and longest running.
• Cory Teunissen seals a win in Warsaw and his first overall PWT title on the last run of the day. Going off the dock, Cory knew what he needed to do to win. He threw down a flawless 1080, toeside double back roll, and double half cab roll to seal the deal and cement his place in PWT history.
The Supra Boats SA550 was the official tow boat for the tour again in 2018. Purpose-built to create clean, consistent and controlled wakes, it is designed to push athletes to new levels while preserving strict handling and a balanced ride for those onboard.
For more information, visit supraboatspwt.com.
Pro Men Wakeboarding Final
1. Cory Teunissen - 98.33
2. Tony Iacconi - 95.83
3. Harley Clifford - 90.33
4. Tyler Higham - 83.33
5. Nic Rapa - 77.33
6. Jake Pelot - 67.00
Pro Wakesurf Final
1. Parker Payne - 96.10
2. Sean Silveira - 89.70
3. Reed Hansen - 72.40
Pro Men Wakeboarding Semifinals (top three in each heat advance)
1. Cory Teunissen - 92.67
2. Harley Clifford - 88.00
3. Tyler Higham - 54.33
4. Shota Tezuka - 20.00
1. Tony Iacconi - 91.00
2. Jake Pelot - 75.33
3. Nic Rapa - 54.67
4. Elliot Digney - 47.33
Pro Wakesurf Semifinals
1. Parker Payne - 85.90
2. Sean Silveira - 80.10
3. Reed Hansen - 58.20
4. Jake Caster - 57.90
5. Aaron Witherall - 46.50
6. John Akerman - 42.50
Pro Men Wakeboarding Qualifying (top two in each heat advance)
1. Tony Iacconi - 92.67
2. Jake Pelot - 87.00
3. Tony Carroll - 84.33
4. Billy Allen - 74.33
1. Harley Clifford - 89.67
2. Elliot Digney - 80.33
3. Cobe France - 80.00
4. Mikey Conrady - 76.00
1. Cory Teunissen - 88.33
2. Tyler Higham - 72.33
3. Mizuki Takahashi - 20.33
4. Danny Thollander - 15.67
1. Nic Rapa - 89.67
2. Shota Tezuka - 85.00
3. Parker Siegele - 80.67
4. Sam Brown - 70.67
Pro Men Wakeboarding Overall 2018 PWT Standings
1. Cory Tuenissen - 365 Total Points
2. Nic Rapa - 350 Total Points
3. Harley Clifford - 330 Total Points
Pro Men Wakesurfing Overall 2018 PWT Standings
1. Sean Silveira - 365 Total Points
2. Parker Payne - 330 Total Points
3. Jake Caster - 305 Total Points
About Skier’s Choice Inc.
Skier’s Choice Inc. is the proud manufacturer of Supra and Moomba performance inboard wakeboard and waterski towboats. Supra has been a leader in the inboard industry since 1980. The Supra brand is synonymous with innovative styling, luxurious interiors, highest construction quality, and unsurpassed wake performance. Moomba is a value-oriented brand that delivers quality and performance comparable to other inboard brands but at a price significantly less. Moomba delivers the "best bang for the buck." The company is privately held and is located in Maryville, Tenn.
Skier’s Choice encourages all boating participants to learn and follow safe boating practices. There are risks associated with boating and water sports activities. Be mindful of the risks, familiarize yourself with the environment, know your limits and conduct yourself accordingly.
Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour Sponsors
In addition to title sponsor Supra Boats, the Pro Wakeboard Tour is sponsored by: Indmar, Boatmate, PTM Edge by Protomet, Zero Off, Acme, JL Audio, Ronix, Fat Sac Ballast Systems, Kawasaki, Connect-A-Dock, Yamaha Generators, ZF Marine Propulsion Systems, Boatmate Trailers, Fuse Lenses, TidalWake.com, Zero Off, Lava Rubber, Corkcicle and Epiphone.
About Wakeboarding Magazine
With an emphasis on high-quality photography, in-depth interviews with top riders and reviews on all the latest gear, Wakeboarding inspires its audience with fun and relevant content, anchored by expert boat analysis, quality instruction and how-to features. Its mission is to lead, connect and inspire by enlisting the talents of the most experienced professionals in the industry across multiple media channels. For more information, visit wakeboardingmag.com.