Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME

« Last Page  |  viewing results 11-12 of 12  |  Next Page »
Posted at 6:23 PM on July 15, 2010
Isaac,
I'm really watching what I eat (except tortilla chips and salsa) and I am exercising like never before in my life. I'm an avid wake boarder and hit the lake at least three times a week. I'm fit and I'm 46 yrs old!!
Problem is every year it gets harder and harder to stay fit, the belly keeps trying to grow and I have to work that much harder to stay slim and fit. I'm getting worried that I'm going to lose the battle before 50. HELP
Posted at 7:13 PM on July 15, 2010
Brent, as you get older, your metabolism really starts to slow down, but there are ways to keep your metabolism in check and running strong. I have lots of clients in their late 40s to mid 50s that are still rockin hard in my gym and follow a strict diet to make that happen. You really have to eat more.. Your bodys metabolism process really stops every 2-3 hours so its important to eat more often. Now I dont mean eat chips or lasagna or whatnot.. but its important to eat the right foods that your body can process into lean muscle. You should be eating a nice solid breakfast.. eggs, grains, fruit... and snack in between major meals like lunch and dinner. Almonds are a great snack, apples with peanut butter, celery with peanut butter, handful of trail mix. if you can steadily eat 5-6 times a day, your metabolism will ramp back up.. it takes about 4-5 days of eating just like this and your going to be feeling hungry every 2-3 hours.. that means your metabolism is ramping up and your back on track.. email me at extremeisaac@yahoo.com and we can talk about more specific foods to eat.

Hope this helps
-Isaac
  « Last Page  |  viewing results 11-12 of 12  |  Next Page »
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME

© 2012 eWake, Inc.
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us