Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME

« Last Page  |  viewing results 1-10 of 12  |  Next Page »
Posted at 12:28 PM on March 3, 2010
I have been off the water for way too long and not only will I have a ton of rust to shake off on my game, but my body needs to get ready for some serious riding.

Right now I got wall sits going on to help strengthen my legs. Any other wake specific exercises out there to help me get back on my game faster?
Posted at 12:37 PM on March 3, 2010
Dave, recently I have been really into rope undulations. They are awesome for both leg/core and upper body strength training as well giving you a really kick ass core workout. If you can invest in some heavy thick ropes.. you can do these in your backyard, living room or garage, with some space.. this may look easy, but I can tell you, they will really kick your ass...

check out this video of some things you can do with rope undulations..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOslHsOH6MI

you can also check out my website at www.fitnesssynergetics.com if you are looking for any help with your fitness goals.

Posted at 1:43 PM on March 3, 2010
Thanks Isaac! I'll be sure to look into it as well as your site.
Posted at 12:06 PM on March 8, 2010
I have done those in KB class,with really big ropes.
I prefer to just slam em down,but the last 30 seconds is kinda like punching as fast as I can.........brutal.

Nice find Isaac!
Posted at 9:32 AM on March 9, 2010
I'm on a program combining some traditional weigt training with many body resistant, bosu and excercise ball stability drills, and trx training.

Doing axe chop style excercises with medicine balls on bosu balls flipped upside down is great for lateral stability.
Posted at 3:28 PM on March 15, 2010
I have been doing some free weights and running, I am facing two problems though. I have the wonderful natural ability to bulk up quickly, and last year I decided to work out heavily before and during the season. The result was less than spectacular I had bulked up more than I wanted and as a result my abilty to ride longer than years previous was amazing, but I found myself having less hang time to perform tricks. I guess what I am saying is, does anyone have a routine that builds muscle strength but does not make you look like the increadible hulk

Also does anyone have any tips for protecting a weak knee while wakeboarding, I dislocated my lright knee during the snowboard season., I have a knee brace with metal stabilizers now, I still have been able to ride my snowboard just no jumps or anything. We all know that wont be possible on a wakeboard as there is no point in just standing on the board.

Any help with either problem would be very appreciated.
Posted at 3:34 PM on March 15, 2010
Marc, its really simple, keep your same routine, but drop the amount of weight you use in half and performer more reps.. so instead of grabbing 30lb dumbells and doing 8-10 curls, use 15lbs and do 20.. apply that to any exercises you want to do.. you can also replace lead weights with bands.. I like bands more than weights.. also circuit your exercises.. choose 3 different muscles, apply the lighter weight rule and do 3 different exercises back to back.. take a 30 second break and repeat.. your cardio rate will jump as well.. hope that helps

-Isaac
www.fitnesssynergetics.com
Posted at 2:52 PM on March 16, 2010
thanks for the tip
Posted at 5:23 PM on March 19, 2010
that rope workout looks like it could use an indo board?
Posted at 7:35 AM on March 20, 2010
yaya yaya.. I like the way your thinking!
  « Last Page  |  viewing results 1-10 of 12  |  Next Page »
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME

© 2012 eWake, Inc.
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us