Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-30-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-30-2003, 11:04 AM Reply   
I've got a headache. It's windy outside. I need to get a run in, but I'm at work. I'm itchy, real itchy.
Oh, you mean the pic? Looks like Byerly's new stick. Probably Justin trying to pull a sui raley. Did he make it? Just post the video and get on with it.
You're looking for everyone to say "no way he made that" and then show us the footage right?

No way he made that.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-30-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
Think about what? What are you trying to convey, or for this matter who are you trying to hype up?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-30-2003, 11:47 AM Reply   
I think he ate it big time, look at the slack in the rope, ok post video and prove me wrong LOL
Old    tattoobling            10-30-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
You related to the vaunted Justin Butinsky? Is that him in the photo? I don't care if he landed it or not. What I really know is are he and what's-her-name back together yet?
Old    jakeman            10-30-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
ya where is erica?
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-30-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
Yes, it's Justin Butinsky and he does make it everytime, it took the camera guy 5 takes to get a shot with his hands away from the handle. yes we have video but not in the proper format. As soon as we have it, I'll post it.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-30-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
I think suicide tricks pretty dumb...not smooth at all...it's like "Look what I can do. Did you see? I let go for a split second and then frantically grabbed the handle again."

Osmosis spins are better since it's not just a quick letgograb...more like let go, spin, swing arm around, and grab as an alternative to a wrap or handle pass. The suicide is just an ugly gimmick added to a trick, kind of like a really ugly grab.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-30-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
suicide trick are kewl... but the spins are the best...
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-30-2003, 5:24 PM Reply   
I dont think suicide tricks are "dumb" at all. i cant do alot suicide wise, the best i can do is a shifty with nose and tail grab. no spins though. its not the time off the handle but the complexity of the trick. anyone who lets go and try re grab the handle on a raley has got BALLS! they earn the respect from me thats for sure.

When i do my suicide tricks i spin the handle in front of me. not seen anyone do that yet. it is easy because it stays on its axis better and its there in front of you.

(Message edited by tantrum999 on October 30, 2003)
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-30-2003, 6:27 PM Reply   
It may be hard. I'm sure I can't do it. There are a lot of things that are hard that still look dumb. Oh, let's see...do a whirlybird with your finger in your anus. I can't do that either but I sure wouldn't admire someone who did it.

I'm just saying it looks dumb/spastic/rushed/silly to me. It ain't got no style. Of course, style is personal so just do what you like.

(Message edited by salmon_tacos on October 30, 2003)
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-30-2003, 7:39 PM Reply   
i don't like how it looks. it would be cool if he put his hands to the side like a bird or something away from the handle.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-30-2003, 8:19 PM Reply   
You know Salmon... I have yet to hear you say anything nice or positive on this site. You really put a bitter spin on any thread that you enter.

Try being nice once in a while - I dont mean bleading heart nice - just not knocking everybody all of the time. You might just find that the people who regularly frequent this site are good people.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-30-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
Jim,

When there is something nice to be said, I say it. When I have some helpful information, I present it. If I seem cranky on here lately, maybe it's because I've noticed an excessive number of posts that were annoying, ignorant, illogical, or whatever. Maybe I'm just bored with this site's content and need a vacation from it. I think it's probably a combination of the two.

While I know that many here consider wakeboarder dot come to be a generally more "immature" communtity, and while I agree that the sheer number of "children" is probably larger over there, I seem to find a lot more interesting discussions and opportunities to be helpful and friendly on those boards lately. Good bye, Wakeworld. Until we meet again...
Old    cbreed            10-30-2003, 10:35 PM Reply   
Why do you have to post this picture? Yea its cool but why are you trying to see what others think? It just seems like you are bragging about yourself or brother(or whatever)and want everyone to know that you/he can do this trick and they can't. You must be trying to prove something, is this the only cool looking trick you/he can do? Why do you need others opinions, wakeboard because you love it not because you want to look cool and be better than the next. That just my opinion.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-31-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
You guys sound like a bunch of player haters.

I think Craig is his dad. Anyways, who cares?!
I like it when people post pics to show off what sick new move there pulling off.
Yeah, SICK new move. The crowds love it, the judges love it and I love it.
That a boy Justin. Keep up the good work.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-31-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
David, you are right. I love seeing people pulling off great moves - even not so great moves is still exciting. Its not about what move you can do - its the experience - even if it is just being in the boat. You could be at work you know.

For example - did anybody see the "Jedi Angi" video? She didnt do anything spectacular in the video. However, it was one of the most motivating videos I have ever seen. Just the passion for the sport.

So, when I see somebody pulling off a great move - it excites me. I not only wish that I could do it, I wish I was in the boat pulling that person just watching them do the move.

Maybe my experiences in some really crappy places in the world have scewed my opinion - but we are all lucky to have the opportunities we have.
Old    tattoobling            10-31-2003, 9:12 AM Reply   
Yeah, great, sui-raley, or whatever. The burning question is; How are things going between Mr. Butinsky and that fine little filly Erica? Was there a sweet reconciliation or will Ms. Erica have to "live every day to the fullest" without her beloved wakeboard guru? These are questions that the wakeworld public needs answers to!!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-31-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
anyone have a picture of erica? i have heard talk but never seen any pictures.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-31-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
Jim, The title of the thread is 'What do you think'. Not 'What do you think... only answer if you like it'
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-31-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
Kaiser - classic.
I think the WW public "ran" the little philly off.
Mossy, check out the Monster Tower thread on Boats and Accessories - you can get your fix there.
Jim, I would imagine that you definately have a different perspective than most. You appreciate the small things in life a little more I would venture to guess.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-31-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
It is possible to let someone know you're not impressed, without going out of your way to be extra negative.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-31-2003, 10:24 AM Reply   
Yep the title did say, what do you think? My response, "I think he ate it big time", I should have added, I think he has major balls for trying it in the first place, and I can't wait to see the video of it, that proves my initial thought upon seeing the picture, wrong.

But I would rather see a video if he didn't make it, the way he is laid out, well.......let's just say ouch!!! LOL
Old    uglyinfatuation            10-31-2003, 10:29 AM Reply   
no we broke up...sadly...but obviously it wasnt meant to be, because if that was the case, i would be with him. we just argue to much , and its not suppose to be like that..we are suppose to be happy and giddy and all that other crazy dunno...it was his decision...a poor one i might say...he will find his special someone some day..i guess it just not me...:-(
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-31-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
Great pic J-Rod. haha. My words exactly.

David - hit it right on the head. We are pretty lucky here.
Old    tattoobling            10-31-2003, 1:45 PM Reply   
J-Rod,

Who'd you go skydiving with? Billy Idol? Nature Boy Ric Flair? or did Justin just dye his hair?

Erica - sorry to hear it, I'm sure you can do better anyhow.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-31-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
HAHA! Actually, that's Leslie Neilsen.

I was hoping he wouldn't have a heart attack before we made it to the ground.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-31-2003, 2:20 PM Reply   
Osmosis spins are awesome, Justin lands wake to wake osmosis 5's all the time in competition, he's been real close to an Osmosis wake to wake 720 which he'll call 007. By the way, it takes some big cahoonas to let go of the handle on a raley.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-31-2003, 3:34 PM Reply   
its great to see people pull off sick moves, its also really nice to talk to those people afterwards and see how down to earth and normal they are, just like you would expect your friend to be if he/she was landing tricks like that.

i figure if shaun murray and other pros can be level-headed humble folks while winning world-championships, then anyone else can be.

i've no doubt that justin is an awesome rider. but i've definitely gotten tired of his limelight-chasing look-at-me posts:

quote:

this is the board i just got hooked up with and it is awsome. i went out there and stuck my whole pass on it without even taking one practice jump. i didnt fall on my first 6 720s i tried. its insane. tell me what you guys think

i'm sure craig is just a proud father showing off his kid, but his way of expressing it seems to indicate where justin's less than subtle self-serving rhetoric originates.

a little less conceit would go a long way towards, at least for me, the ability to enjoy justin's exploits more. it's hard to share the excitement about someone doing a legitimately difficult trick when the point of it seems to be to get attention.

and as to this:

quote:

By the way, it takes some big cahoonas to let go of the handle on a raley.

i agree it does. but it also takes "big cahoonas" to cross the wake when you can barely control the board. fear of a trick is relative. what terrifies me may be nothing to a better rider and conversely what i consider easy and do fearlessly (regardless if i pull it off or not :-)), may be considered insane by a beginner.

whatever justin's courage may be, it pales in comparison to someone like mike bailey or scott, who've had to overcome much bigger obstacles just to be able to ride behind a boat on a wakeboard.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-31-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
I was bummed when the "does anyone know justin butinsky" thread ended, it was classic! I'm stoked they're back!

But I think a "spininsky" would be a better name than a "007".

Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-31-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
Hey Jim,,Thanks for the feedback on my video! Imagine my surprise while I was just browsing thru Justins thread and saw your encouraging words about my 'stoke'!! That was my '3 month' video,,hopefully after I hit my 1 year of wakeboarding mark I'll have more eye-pleasing, spectacular girl wakeboarding to show you!! Oh and I showed some of our 'armed forces' buddies your article, they thought it was GREAT!

oh and btw Justin, I think your raley pic looks kool! and glad to see ya got your own username now,,all that 'Erica/Justin' stuff was getting confusing! anyway, keep postin' pics, I like to see what everyone is throwing!!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-31-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
lol angi. i think you're still confused. the poster in this thread is a 'craig butinsky,' not justin.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-31-2003, 9:12 PM Reply   
oh crud...WHO the HELL is CRAIG ??? I thought that was Justin!??

Justin, Erica, Craig, OH MY!

(thanks chris, I'll blame this mishap on the hour at hand,,and my exhaustion from all the trick or treaters pounding on my door begging for candies!)
Old    johnnyt            11-01-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
this is justin and i deffinitly got feedback. negative feedback.... but feedback. i am going on the pro tour next year and all the pros seem like they have to go through a "paying your dues year". i says screw that! if you think i am beeing arigant, im not. you know what if you like me or not if you see me next year you will know who i am...and thats all i wanted!! i probably am the most level headed guy trying to get my name out there and when i said i landed my first 6 720s i was talkin about how much i love the new stick because i was represnting hyperlite. they hook me up and have always treatind me right. its as much as i can do for them. it seems like the girls are cool with my pic and all you guys are just jealous!
Old    johnnyt            11-01-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
thanks to the guys that did give me good feedback.keep riding and just have fun with it. even if you have those guys hatin sayin that "suicide tricks are gay and ugly" if you have fun doing them then do it anyway. if you are stoked with just wake jumps thats cool to. it doesnt matter what people think or what level you are at if you are havin fun thats what it is all about not hiding behind your computer doggin on everyone else just get out there and ride
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-01-2003, 8:02 AM Reply   
Now lean back and grab the board with both hands. After that reach out and regrab the handle and then do a front flip. It can be done on a foil. http://www.foilfreaks.com/Videos/11-7-02-Pleasant/Foilfreaks-AirzonaSickness.wmv

ENJOY!!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-01-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
damn! those foilers are insane!! I have never seen anything like that on video. My respect goes out to those guys!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-01-2003, 12:17 PM Reply   
OMG! now that takes some "cahoonas"! lol. that's absolutely ridiculous. can you imagine crashing on one of those suicide fronts? sheesh!

thanks phaeton. i doubt i will ever go to the darkside, but its sure fun to watch others that have!
Old    wakerider3            11-01-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
those are some cool tricks on the foil
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-01-2003, 2:39 PM Reply   
Part two!
http://www.foilfreaks.com/Videos/Sickness2/AirzonaSickness2.wmv
Old    upupnaway            11-01-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
Great pic, cool trick.
I hope you make enough cash on the tour to hire a P.R. rep, because you really need one. As of right now, the impression I have of you is an ARROGANT illiterate who thinks he should be able to walk onto the tour without paying his dues.
Old    johnnyt            11-01-2003, 5:47 PM Reply   
i dont think that anyone should be able to walk on tour but i dont think you should have to pay your dues either. if you deserve something then you deserve it. if you can throw down the tricks you shouldnt have to pay any dues. my dad put this picture on here to help represent me. i didnt do it. how many other pictures out there of suicide raleys? he thought it would be cool to show everyone. he is just proud of me so why dont you just go ride instead of doggin on other peoples riding. why dont you send us your pics
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-01-2003, 6:01 PM Reply   
Justin its an exellent picture. and these guys who rip the riding are just sad. it is good to have an opinion whether negative or positive but it is the manner that is offensive!

I would like to see a suicide raley with the handle spun. is it possible.
here is a link of when i tried spinning the handle on a wake jump a couple of years ago. the handle looks high because of the wind but you will get the jist. i have progressed to a two handed shify grab on these but no spins. it was about 2 degrees with a chill factor of about -5 hence the drysuit and gloves!

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9414

could do with naming it.

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-02-2003, 12:08 AM Reply   

quote:

he is just proud of me so why dont you just go ride instead of doggin on other peoples riding.

like andrew said, no one was critizing your riding (one or two were critizing the aesthetics of the trick, not your ability to pull it off). its your attitude that turns people off.

finally we see the video of the spin-handle suicide! nice andrew.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-02-2003, 5:25 AM Reply   
Jeez n rice - he also said this "if you're having fun that's what it's all about"....!
Everyone's got an opinion and unfortunately many of them stink on this thread.
I guess you can't post rad pics of yourself (nor can anyone else), you have to be mister manners (whatever that is) and an English major as well to not get crap from some people.

Forget about it JT, you've got a good head on your shoulders and confindence is a good thing to have in comps.
Go get em' kid - I like your style.

Maybe it's too cold for some of these guys to ride and that's why their bagging on people on the computer. It seems to happen every winter.

Oh well, time to go ride.

Please, from now on send all complaints about posting cool wake pics to this site:
www.playerhater/wake.com
Thanks.
Old    upupnaway            11-02-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Am I mistaken, Or were the first 4 words of my post not "GREAT PIC, COOL TRICK". The fact that I have a negative opinion about your attitude did not negate that statement.
I am a first year rider, and happen to have many pics and movies posted. I also post many pics and clips of other beginning riders, to show people some tricks that may not be a big deal to other people, but they mean the world to the people who pulled them off. Never, Ever have I dogged anyones riding. From someone who can just get up and ride for 10 feet to parks, Never have I posted a negative word.
Attitude on the other hand.... I am all over it. And to quote you, or whoever is pretending to be you,
"i am going on the pro tour next year and all the pros seem like they have to go through a "paying your dues year". i says screw that!"
What are you trying to say there? From what you said on your next post, it wasn't that you shouldn't have to pay your dues.
If your ego is fragile enough to let a comment about bad attitude nullify a compliment to your trick, then you should re-asses your decision to compete.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-02-2003, 4:30 PM Reply   
interesting high road to take david, especially when even you seemed to think the post was made to get attention:

quote:

Probably Justin trying to pull a sui raley. Did he make it? Just post the video and get on with it. You're looking for everyone to say "no way he made that" and then show us the footage right?

No way he made that.

Old    wbaddict            11-02-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
Hey Justin: I'm not sure if you realize how arrogant you're coming off! What do you mean "you shouldn't have to pay any dues" Are you saying you'd do well on the pro tour if the judging wasn't biased or something?" Or are you just complaining in general for all the other guys who (in your opinion) deserved to win but didn't? For a guy that couldn't crack the top 10 in jr men's you're assuming an awful lot. At this point I think you need to worry about a lot more than what dues you'll have to pay! If you were Mark Kenney (RIP) than I'd say you might have a right to complain (although he never did!). In the mean time try a little humility - if you deserve recognition or to win the pro tour it will come! And if it does I hope you can keep it in perspective!
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-02-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
Justin,
You shralp! Most people would love to be at the level you are at.
The pic is sick!!
Everybody that posted - like it or not, probably wishes they were in your bindings.
Good on you.
Old    tattoobling            11-03-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
Mr. Vincent Vega,

There is no question you rip and a lot of people on this board enjoy both singing your praises and knocking you down. The thing is there's alot of riders on a lot of lakes all around the country who also rip, they just don't have a guerilla P.R. department. Due to their lack of ego and ambition they probably won't be attending the banquet this year:

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-03-2003, 7:00 AM Reply   
Your right Chris, but then I realized it was his dad just promoting his son a bit. I respect your point of view, I just disagree.

JT said; "if you deserve something then you deserve it". I agree. All this paying dues crap is nonsense. If a guy comes onto the scene and rips it up who cares if he's been riding one year or one week or where he's been till now, if he's on the Pro Tour then it's his riding that got him there - not some behind the scenes a$$ kissing. Leave the politics to the guys in Washington, wakeboarding doesn't need that crap.

Oh and JT, I'm gonna need your address so I'll know where to send the bill for my services.
Old    wbaddict            11-03-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
David said: "All this paying dues crap is nonsense. If a guy comes onto the scene and rips it up who cares if he's been riding one year or one week or where he's been till now, if he's on the Pro Tour then it's his riding that got him there"

There's only one problem with that statement, anyone with $150 and a WWA card ($40) can enter any event on the pro tour, it's getting thru the qualifying heats that separates the "paid dues guys" from the wannabes. Riding contests is a whole different world than free riding, for those interested in being successful at contests I believe there is a learning curve and "dues" to pay (for lack of a better term). The inherent flaw in WB contests is that the judging will always be subjective. I believe Justin is an excellent rider with a lot of skill but I'd put my $ on someone like JD Webb who has already shown he can dominate at a contest level to make a dent and qualify.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-03-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
I here ya WBaddict.
Only time will tell and I thought what he did on the gravel tour was paying your "dues" in a sense.
I usually like to stay away from all of the politics and who did this and that, but too many people out there want to knock a guy down from his horse to bring him down to their level. I'm not saying that is what is going on here, but I just think the term arrogant is a little harsh and undeserved.
Old    wakeboardputz            11-03-2003, 4:40 PM Reply   
We met Justin at the nationals. He's cool. He flat out can ride and he doesn't have a tude. I think some of you guys are just a wee bit jealous. He will pay his dues though. Thats just is the way it is.
Old    johnnyt            11-03-2003, 5:05 PM Reply   
it was never made to come across that i would have done better at the contest if the judging was different. the heat i was in at nationals was heats of 6 and 2 move on. i had parks trevor and chris law in my heat. yeah sorry draw for 1st time ever in a pro contest. all of them were hard i am not saying there was easy or hard heats, but i held my own. i would tell you what i did but you guys would say i am bragging or arrogant or something. i will be the first to say i shouldnt have made it to the next round. it pushed me to come home and learn two big tricks my first day back. its a lot harder than it looks.i know its not easy i have been there.MY POINT:no one should be handed anything,but the best man should win!!!!!!!!!!!!!no politics!!!!! i am gonna give it everything i got next year if im not good enough or the judges think im not good enough or the crowd doesnt think im good enough i dont care. one day i will i wont take no for an answer. im not being arrogant because i dont think i have what it takes right now but im not gonna give up!!! i have been riding for 4 and a half years and i still have just as much fun as the first time i jumped on a board. i will keep riding!!!!!!!
Old    wbaddict            11-03-2003, 5:45 PM Reply   
OK Justin, I think you articulated your position a lot better in your last post. Actually I agree with your overall assessment of the pro tour (and that includes the jr men's) all things being equal the guy with the more familiar name is going to score more points than the new face. Call it dues or politics but that's the way it is. Good luck and I agree that having a little attitude sure won't hurt you getting up there!
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-04-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
I've been watching this thread with some amusement. Has anybody else noticed that the last three posts have come from people who registered yesterday? I think its clear who justin is, but I wonder why the other two have put up so little personal information.
Old    wakeboardputz            11-04-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
In my case, I normally read but don't write. I just got tired of the diss'n.
Old    johnnyt            11-04-2003, 4:44 PM Reply   
hey matt sweet pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-04-2003, 5:21 PM Reply   
i agree with wb, justin. that was a little more illuminating. its cool to be proud of your accomplishments and to have an agressive attitude. im sure thats required to get out there everyday even when you arent having fun, and continue practicing tricks that may punish you.

but just like we have to progress and learn in a sport, we have to progress and learn how to present ourselves in a public forum (heck, im still learning that!). and thats something that can only help you in a professional sports career. :-)

good luck to ya next year. i at least will look for your name in the standings.
Old    reformryda135            11-08-2003, 5:20 AM Reply   
What up J-Dub? And PoppaDukes, I have been ridding with Justin for awhile and i think every time he is out on the boat he tries something new. Now...what do i think? Hell yeah he landed it! An for those who want video ima talk to Justin about it and i'll take video of it so ya'll will belive it. Just watch in the next year and to come, Justin will be sitting high on the damn podium next to Darin and Parks...Below him!}}}
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-10-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Thanks Justin!
Old    uglyinfatuation            11-11-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
i think justin is a great guy and not only that, an awesome wakeboarder. despite all the problems weve had, i love him regardless and i always will. we had alot of good times...but like he said..."for what it's worth it was worth all the while." kepp an eye on this guy, he's going big and i know he will...i have confidence in him