Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    chip_boarder            10-21-2003, 9:39 AM Reply   
I am looking for new bindings. I have Liquid Force Exo Suction. I like them but can only ride for 10-15 minutes before my feet cramp up. I won't buy Hyperlite bindings, my friends and I have had too many problems with them. I would appreciate any suggestions, including where to purchase them. Our local shop only sells Hyperlite.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-21-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
I've always liked the Ultra Suction by LF... Most of the time you can see them on ebay for a good preice too.
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
Go for CWB Zeus. Try them, smile, buy them. I´ve had parks before and only bought them for the durabilty. But the performance blew me away. For me the best binding by far.
Old    shaggydan22            10-21-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
Definatly try out the zeus. As soon as I slipped my foot into them, I got out my credit card. They have a lot of flexibility, but still hold your heel down great. If you like really stiff bindings, check out o'brien ions. Thats just my opinion.
Old    lachlantait            10-22-2003, 3:31 AM Reply   
obrien exit 13's are pretty good... good price aswell bit cheaper than the zues but difintely a quality binding and the back laces really is a good change
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-22-2003, 5:49 AM Reply   
i love my liquid force ultras but if your foot is cramping then another great binding is the NICE PRS2
Old    maverick_gear            10-22-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
You should Check out the Nice PRS1 or PRS2 they kick ass and aren't terribly expensive... what size are you feet i have some layin around from 03
Old    blind5            10-22-2003, 8:57 PM Reply   
just curious, what kind of problems have you had with hyperlite?
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       10-23-2003, 8:09 PM Reply   
Look into the Liquid Force Transit when they become available in December. From what I've heard, they are supposed to be really comfortable. We're supposed to be getting a pre-production sample of the Transit and Minx (women's version) tomorrow. I'm just getting one of each, but hopefully will be able to get a good idea of what to expect with the final version.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    howie            10-23-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
I was wondering the problems with hyperlite bindings. I went to school for a day and got a chance to try all hyperlite from spin to parks and got to try double up and liquid and all of them. I liked the parks they cramped for two sessions and now they fit like a glove. But i also come from snowbaords back ground. I like to say in the bindings.
Old    jetpilotrider03            10-23-2003, 9:31 PM Reply   
go with the ultra suctions...the best you can buy period...if you havne't bought a pair, you dont know what your missing
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-24-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   
NICE PRS1or PRS2 http://www.nicegoods.com/wake/wake.html,
Old    veganx            10-24-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
I bought a pair of Wiley's in '95 and haven't ridden anything else since. The Tri-Axis are amazing. HOWEVER, everyone's feet are different. I really like the LF Ultra Suctions too, but their foot bed has way too much arch for me. The Blindside Torque is worth checking out. I'm even thinking about switching to those next year.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-24-2003, 9:53 AM Reply   

TRY SOLBOUNDS.

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-24-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
Look for Gator to be coming out with some tight ass bindings. I saw some protoypes of them on the Fully Committeed Tour and they are going to be baller. Look for those to come out for '04.
Old    lachlantait            10-25-2003, 3:22 AM Reply   
wat r u on weed the nice bindings are pretty dogdge read the reveiews and add about 100 otha piss'd of people down here in aus to the list. to put it bluntly there crap
Old    samcdog            10-25-2003, 6:38 AM Reply   
CWB Zeus bindings rule - IMO
I also relly like the Wiley's too, but the new tri-axis and coyote trap are plain out UGLY. I owned the Pro Build and the Super Pro Build and they were sweet bindings. The Zeus are expensive, but if they last they will be worth it. So far one summer and no problems. The Wiley's are indestructible.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-25-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
Ummm, I don't know what you're smoking, but Nice makes a very solid binding. Read the reviews for the PRS1 and PRS2 and you'll see nothing but good things about them. I just got a pair of PRS1s and they're pimp. You slide right in without juice after getting them wet(easiest entry/exit I've had with any bindings), they lock your heel down super well because of the kidney pads, and even more when you crank down the snowboard strap. Only concerns I have about them are the footbeds - I have pretty flat feet and the arch support is almost too much for me, although I'm going to try the heat molding procedure and see if they fit better then. Also, the baseplate seems like it might bend - it feels stronger than LF, but I'd suggest bones or stiffy plates just in case. I really like the removeable fiberglass rods in the heel - you can have them really stiff if you have weak ankles, or if you want to poke out grabs take them out and you've got a flexy boot.
Old    maverick_gear            10-25-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
ya, i agree the NICE work very good, i sell them to lots of shops and they are all stoked on them, i havent' had a single pair returned with the exception of Nick Ennen doin a 9 off the doubleup and tore one of his footbeds, but that was 20 feet up behind the just ride vlx with 5k of weight in it. thats like one proken pair to 350 sold... BTW NICK ENNEN IS STOMPING 9's.... ya Gator has some sick bindings out, i havent ridden the production models but i rode a prototype pair and they were siiiick!! theres pics in the surf expo article.
Old     (tripsteve)      Join Date: Mar 2001       12-08-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
Any recommendations on an inexpensive pair of highly size adjustable bindings to leave at the cabin on my spare board?? Looking for easy entry, secure comfortable fit, and durable.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       12-08-2003, 5:59 PM Reply   
You're asking for a lot out of an adjustable binding. My suggestion would be to check out the new Liquid Force Evo bindings. You can get them in either a S/M or L/XL. The S/M will work up to about an 8.5 or 9 men's, and the L/XL will work up to around a 13. You can check them out on our site or in the Wakeworld binding guide. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (derrick_lenz)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-08-2003, 9:42 PM Reply   
if your still looking for a binding try out the double up luke wulf's. i got nothing but praise for these. i've ridden every single tope end model from hyperlite, liquid force (except for their new 04 stuff), cwb, and nice. very supportive and flexible. only down side to them is the footbed isn't the best but i've ridden worse.
Old    kevlar            12-09-2003, 6:08 PM Reply   
I find it hard to believe that all the boardshops only carry Hyperlite. Make sure you go to them and try them for yourself. Demo stuff if you can and let yourself, not any of us become your deciding factor. They're your bindings and should fit your preferences.
That being said, I have LF Ultras and love them. I got a great deal on them this year because I bought some leftovers from last year knowing that the '03s were the exact same thing as the '02s. Over $50 off!