Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    ltlbill            10-09-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
Whats the lake level?
anyone been there recently?
Our group is thinking about a trip Oct.11th-12th or the 24th-26th
Old    Someone Else (deltahoosier)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-09-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
I do not know the exact water level, but, it was more full than it was last year at this time. The water was 76 degrees and it was nice. We were there last weekend.
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
It should be fine. Everything is higher this year.
Old    hyperlitenerd (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-09-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
Look out for the shallow water in between hills, we have lost 2 props and damaged another one. other than that, the water is rough from like 6-8 then at 8 it goes to glass, weird.
Old    Justin (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-09-2003, 6:54 PM Reply   
lost 2 props at don pedro?
Old    hyperlitenerd (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-09-2003, 7:14 PM Reply   
yea, haha composite props, so they just sheared off, we've had backup props everytime, my dad was hugging the shore once, we yelled at him for that 1, then another time just hit a pile of rocks in between 2 hills, and this last time we had a aluminum? prop, and it got nicked up. here is a link to the 2 composite props pic http://www.wakeboardcentral.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=&pos=-17

but for the most part if u dont hug the shore, or risk it by running through shallow water you should be fine, and yea we have an I/O so we are alot lower in the water than you guys with ur inboards
Old    Phantom (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-09-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
Bill ~ The water's all dried up on gone.
I think you should just stay at home, save your money for a trip out to see me next year instead.

Can't believe that you have the huevos to go on all the trips without me
Old    ltlbill            10-15-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info everyone,we ended up going up to "BASS LAKE",we had the lake to just our 2 boats and one M/C that was skiing,water was still up and temps were OK,great sleeping weather at night.
We are planing on going somewhere Oct. 24th-26th, probably DON PEDRO maybe The River or maybe we'll go up and see BARRY or if it's not too late we'll go up to THE DELTA,we'll have to find out where the best plaace to camp and ride is as I've only been there one time and don't remember too much.
S - GET YOUR A$$ OUT HERE IF FLIGHTS ARE ECONOMICAL YOU KNOW WE'VE GOT THE ROOM AND WE W0ULD ALL LOVE TO SEE YOU AGAIN-SERIOUSLY.
I'd like to go somewhere we could have a fire,I've got alot of wood I need to burn before I move.
Old    Chad Miranda (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-15-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
Don Pedro doesn't allow fires.
Your choices are now woodward (sucks for boarding) and New Melones that I know allow open fires.
Old    Phantom (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-15-2003, 4:38 PM Reply   
Bill ~ *ss Lake my .......
Nice to hear you had a good time w/out me ....AGAIN.
I'm saving my pennies for NYC mid November for the 6th annual Chocolate Show http://starchefs.com/events/chocolate_show/2003/html/index.shtml
always wanted to attend and now is a pretty good opportunity.. RT MCO-NYC @ 160.
Much cheaper than to SAN or LAX.
Plus I can't go that time in Oct....it conflicts with my call schedule.
Old    ltlbill            10-16-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
S You know we would have had a better trip with you,don't you have any vacation you could use in Oct.?
If not you'll for sure have to come out for Nacimiento on Memorial Day 2004 or "BASS LAKE" for our annual week before the 4th trip.
Chad thanks for the info,I would have been really pissed off if I would have hauled firewood all the way up there for nothing,I've heard of N/M but never been there,we may try the delta or Barry's.
Old    Phantom (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-16-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
Bill ~ yes I did have kinda decent trip with you guys last year, except I was stuck all weekend with the "chick" boat" where only 2 of us rode.... the other issue.
Let me think about next year ...hmmmmmmmm Central CA Memorial day or 4th of July....
Bill.....TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH AND STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE

2 of the busiest water holidays you could possible imagine as well as hotter than the basement below.
Old    ltlbill            10-17-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
Well then give me another chance and I'll make it up to you if you come back out for one more trip,I promise you won't be on the chick boat-on my boat everyone rides.
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-17-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
maybe you guys should go have a cup of coffee somewhere (else) and talk about this.
Old    Phantom (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-17-2003, 4:05 PM Reply   
or maybe you should just mind your own business