Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-21-2020, 4:36 PM Reply   
Checking in to verify some research before ordering.

I sold my boat a few years back and kind of got out of it. A few of my friends bought boats this year and we are getting ready to do a wetsounds upgrade In one of them. Wanting to make sure I'm recommending him right since its been 6-7 years since I bought my stuff.

420BT
2 pair rev 10
SD2 to run tower
3 pair revo 6. He will be removing 3 pair of kicker 6.5
he wants to save a little on the in boat amp What do you recommend. Syn4? Arc 300.4?

I recommended probably 2 L16 6v for him. What do you guys say? He doesnt want to go all out but he wants it right with a reasonable budget.

I recommended something like 1-2 DC level 3 12's for woofers. What amp do you recommend to run those these days. Need about 2000-2500w

Ofc speaker and power wire from knuconcept along with distribution blocks and fuses.

Last edited by Jmorlan; 06-21-2020 at 4:42 PM.
Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       06-22-2020, 6:24 AM Reply   
SYN-DX2.3 For towers
https://www.wetsounds.com/product/SYN-DX2.3-HP
and
SYN-DX4 for inboats
https://www.wetsounds.com/product/SYN-DX4
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-23-2020, 11:54 AM Reply   
Are you looking to order from some place that actually claims to be selling those retired models? The Syn amps have been gone for a number of years and the SDX replaced the SD a few seasons back as well. Hard to compete with retired models that are likely (should be) deeply discounted.

Out of the current offerings, the Syn-DX2.3HP for 2 pair of Rev-10 and the HTX-6 for 3 pair of in-boats. The SDX-2500 is 2500W rms @ 1 ohm
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-23-2020, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Are you looking to order from some place that actually claims to be selling those retired models? The Syn amps have been gone for a number of years and the SDX replaced the SD a few seasons back as well. Hard to compete with retired models that are likely (should be) deeply discounted.

Out of the current offerings, the Syn-DX2.3HP for 2 pair of Rev-10 and the HTX-6 for 3 pair of in-boats. The SDX-2500 is 2500W rms @ 1 ohm
No, I just figured you guys would know what I meant without adding all the extra hype wetsounds is throwing in their models along with the price increases.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-24-2020, 12:14 AM Reply   
There is no hype. With some looking, you will see that there is a CLEAR difference between the old Syn series and the new Syn-DX series. Open chassis fan-cooled class-G/H compared to a closed chassis Class-D with covered protected controls. All the connections on one side so the amp can be mounted with the connection down which minimizes the chance of water intrusion. There are some physical and internal difference between the SD and the new SDX series, although not as pronounced as the difference between the Syn and Syn-DX. The HTX is heads above the previous HT series.

So very valid question to ask, considering there are outlets still listing these retired models for sale. My point was, with the expected discounts on retired models, you would be hard pressed to find amps with similar wattage and performance within that discounted price range.

There have been cost increases all across the mobile 12V electronics industry, resulting in a rise in retail pricing. Its not unique to any single brand.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-24-2020, 3:18 AM Reply   
Ok, I ended up buying a new boat now

Want to run a rev 3some on the tower.
Sdx6 or syn-dx6 to run?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-08-2021, 10:25 PM Reply   
Bump.
Waited out the rest of last summer.
Getting ready to order now to get ready for this summer.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-09-2021, 12:41 AM Reply   
Or bang for buck would be, ks600.2 for pair of rev10, and a ks300.2 for 410?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-09-2021, 12:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
Or bang for buck would be, ks600.2 for pair of rev10, and a ks300.2 for 410?

I canít edit posts so sorry for multiple ideas.
My s bend tower doesnít seem like it will allow the layout properly and the amp thing is a headache anyway unless dx6.
2 410 with a ks600.2 bridged at 2ohm would provide 600w to each 410. Providing just about perfect wattage at anchor with boat off which we do a lot.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-09-2021, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
2 410 with a ks600.2 bridged at 2ohm would provide 600w to each 410.
Nope, not possible. The rev-410 is a 4 ohm pod, so two wired together is either a 2 ohm load or an 8 ohm load. Neither KS600.2 amps will handle a 2 ohm bridged load, so this leaves you only the 8 ohm load wiring configuration. In this manor, each pod would receive 400W rms, same wattage as if you just wired each pod to its own chnl.

For a pair of rev-410, the Wet Sounds Syn-DX4 is the way to go. Or if you are married to the Arc brand, the Arc Series 1000.4.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-09-2021, 9:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Nope, not possible. The rev-410 is a 4 ohm pod, so two wired together is either a 2 ohm load or an 8 ohm load. Neither KS600.2 amps will handle a 2 ohm bridged load, so this leaves you only the 8 ohm load wiring configuration. In this manor, each pod would receive 400W rms, same wattage as if you just wired each pod to its own chnl.

For a pair of rev-410, the Wet Sounds Syn-DX4 is the way to go. Or if you are married to the Arc brand, the Arc Series 1000.4.

Iím having trouble understanding.
Each 410, wired together to 2ohm at the amp should get me 600w per 410 according to this?


Not necessarily married to the arc Amps, I just feel they are better bang for the buck. And after my sd2 affair a few years back, Iím sure you all remember. I figure I might as well save some money for very similar output.

Last edited by Jmorlan; 01-09-2021 at 9:20 PM.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-10-2021, 10:50 PM Reply   
No. The amp does 400w per side at 4ohm. They are 4 ohm pods so you’d get 400. To get 2ohms you’d have to parallel the two speakers together aka wiring pos to pos and neg to neg and then go to the amp. This amp can handle 2ohms per side. But you would then get 600w per side divided by the two speakers and only get 300w per pod. This configuration would work if you wanted to run 4pods. The amp bridged can do 1200w x1 at 4ohm. In order to get 600w per speaker you would need to have two 8ohm speakers to begin with. You would then parallel those to get 4 ohm. Hope this helps. Google series and parallel and spend a few min learning about this. Will help much more with diagrams to go along with explanation. Also if you find an amp that does 1200w @2ohms you’d be sitting pretty as that would be a better match and provide you with the desired 600w per pod.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2021, 6:12 AM Reply   
As good as that amp is/was, its like 12 years old tech. Its also not a marine amp, and even worse, it has an open chassis and is fan cooled. id look for an updated model amp, and one thats not fan cooled.

Amp specs are what the amp puts out per chnl at a given load, but not necessarily what a speaker, or speakers, is going to receive. Wired together in parallel does = 2 ohm. But that 600W is from a 2 ohm load on a chnl. So you would not want to wire two 410 pods together in parallel and connect to one channel of a 2 chnl amp. This would mean you are using only one halve of the amp, running mono and only getting 300W to each pod.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-12-2021, 9:21 AM Reply   
All of this makes sense. Thanks for the replies guys.
One final reply before I give up for good lol.
1200x1 @ 4ohm.
Canít wire each pod to its own channel at 4ohm and put in bridge mode?
These arc amps are half the cost of WS.
Iím sure the sdx are better but my sd2 was a summer of nightmares.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-12-2021, 9:34 AM Reply   
But, an arc 1200.1 would do the job for sure. Correct?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-13-2021, 5:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Canít wire each pod to its own channel at 4ohm and put in bridge mode?
Bridging is not a switch that you select, so no, you cant. Bridging is when you wire a speaker across 2 chnls, using one chnl's + and the other chnl's - and make it one channel. So any way you slice it, 400W rms is the best that that amp is going to deliver to each rev-410.

I do not see a 1200.1 listed, so I do not know what amp specifically, you are referring to. However, most mono amps are not suited to run full-range drivers like a Rev-410, only subwoofers.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-15-2021, 2:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Bridging is not a switch that you select, so no, you cant. Bridging is when you wire a speaker across 2 chnls, using one chnl's + and the other chnl's - and make it one channel. So any way you slice it, 400W rms is the best that that amp is going to deliver to each rev-410.

I do not see a 1200.1 listed, so I do not know what amp specifically, you are referring to. However, most mono amps are not suited to run full-range drivers like a Rev-410, only subwoofers.

I picked up a syndx4. I hope 400w is enough to make them sound good. I had for some reason remembered the 600.2 to send 300w to each, not 400 or I would have ended up with that for a few hundred less. Yes I know class d vs class g/h.
I am now contemplating swapping the dx4 for a 600.2 or an sd4 for 685w

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:37 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us