Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-29-2019, 12:53 PM Reply   
Check out this Malibu M240 walkthrough! What does everyone think? this thing is a tank

Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       11-01-2019, 9:02 AM Reply   
Here is my 2 cents as someone who is in the market for a 2020 custom build. The M240 is nice, no doubt. That said, I think Malibu is missing many opportunities given the price premium over nearly every other boat in that size range on the market. I looked at it briefly and ruled it out with little consideration because I don't see the value provided for the price premium they are demanding.

On another note, why is Malibu so secretive about basic boat specs such as weight? You can't find this info published anywhere including their own website.
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-17-2019, 2:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre View Post
Here is my 2 cents as someone who is in the market for a 2020 custom build. The M240 is nice, no doubt. That said, I think Malibu is missing many opportunities given the price premium over nearly every other boat in that size range on the market. I looked at it briefly and ruled it out with little consideration because I don't see the value provided for the price premium they are demanding.

On another note, why is Malibu so secretive about basic boat specs such as weight? You can't find this info published anywhere including their own website.
Hey Tre, I was at the dealer meeting and I'm a sales rep so we didn't even get the info until the official unveiling. I think it's basically how every product launch goes. That being said, I'm not sure what price premium you are talking about. They are going right up against the G23 Paragon with this and comes in both cheaper and longer. I can't speak to the Paragon's wave as I haven't been on one but I will say the M240's wave is legit.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Also, if you are interested depending on where you are in WI, I can help you get this thing built out or anything else you might want. Personally, my favorite for price/performance is still the 25LSV. PM me
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-18-2019, 4:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansgt View Post
Hey Tre, I was at the dealer meeting and I'm a sales rep so we didn't even get the info until the official unveiling. I think it's basically how every product launch goes. That being said, I'm not sure what price premium you are talking about. They are going right up against the G23 Paragon with this and comes in both cheaper and longer. I can't speak to the Paragon's wave as I haven't been on one but I will say the M240's wave is legit.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Also, if you are interested depending on where you are in WI, I can help you get this thing built out or anything else you might want. Personally, my favorite for price/performance is still the 25LSV. PM me


For 240K if the wave isn't anything but legit don't even waste our time producing the boat...
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       Yesterday, 1:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squamer View Post
For 240K if the wave isn't anything but legit don't even waste our time producing the boat...
^^^^^This.

Malibu has become a fast production line basic b***h boat that is way over priced simply because it says "Malibu" on the side. It is totally driven towards the wealthy who just surfed a friends boat & now they want one but only know of 2 names in the industry

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:02 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us