Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2018, 7:47 AM Reply   
2019 Supra boats preview.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  44.4 KB
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       07-27-2018, 12:12 PM Reply   
Can't wait to see it in person looks pretty Epic.

2019 Supra SE

New Vision Control System,
4,100 lbs of sub-floor ballast,
AutoWake,
Chill Tech Vinyl,
FxONE Power Folding Tower
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-27-2018, 1:00 PM Reply   
Another step in the right direction for Supra. Really anxious to see this cool technology vinyl and the new display screens.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-28-2018, 6:08 AM Reply   
Man they really are putting out awesome products year after year. Great job SC!!! Cant wait to get in one. I heard the new vinyl is awesome as well.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-29-2018, 7:54 AM Reply   
I do not want a touch screen dash.
I do not want 2 touch screens in my dash.
I don’t want to have my phone for anything but hooking up to my stereo and emergencies out on the boat, it’s boat time. I don’t want it in my face the whole time I am in the cockpit.

Stop it. Please just stop it.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-29-2018, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
I donít want to have my phone for anything but hooking up to my stereo and emergencies out on the boat, itís boat time. I donít want it in my face the whole time I am in the cockpit.

Donít buy a new boat then. Bye.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2018, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
I donít want to have my phone for anything but hooking up to my stereo and emergencies out on the boat, itís boat time. I donít want it in my face the whole time I am in the cockpit.
I would have agreed with you years ago but now being in front of all these computer boats it has made boating simple. Autowake in Supra & Moomba I feel is the best thing that has happened to boating in a long time. Even us very experienced boaters, it helps a lot.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-29-2018, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
Donít buy a new boat then. Bye.
Luckily MB and Axis offerings do not have this clutter.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-29-2018, 9:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
I would have agreed with you years ago but now being in front of all these computer boats it has made boating simple. Autowake in Supra & Moomba I feel is the best thing that has happened to boating in a long time. Even us very experienced boaters, it helps a lot.
I drive multiple boats regularly. Probably get about 200 hours of throttle time yearly. I donít even bother driving my friends Bu that I ride on rare occasion, thereís too much stuff going on to bother learning it...

I hate getting in and not feeling at home. Itís takes so long to learn the damn UIís. I like it when the only question I have to ask is ďhow do I adjust cruise controlĒ and then head off.

Auto wake is fine, but it doesnít take a seasoned boater more than about 10 seconds to get everything set up properly.

Oh and these systems fail, our tige system failed on year 4, our buddyís nautique shuts down the screen every hour so you lose all gauges while running, and the auto level system on the old MCs goes wacky through the computer and will deploy tabs when you wakeboard.

I get it though, I look for one quality in a boat thatís it: does it make a good wake. Itís an appliance, not a show piece
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-29-2018, 9:09 AM Reply   
Sounds like you have it all figured out there, guy! New boats are POS, simple ones are best. BAM. Next question!

Psssst.....little insider info for you.....Malibuís UI takes approximately 23 seconds to figure out. I also drive lots of friends boats; it doesnít seem to be a big issue for me.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-29-2018, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Luckily MB and Axis offerings do not have this clutter.

Watch out, I think MB is gonna break your heart soon.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-29-2018, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Autowake in Supra & Moomba I feel is the best thing that has happened to boating in a long time. Even us very experienced boaters, it helps a lot.
Itís so fantastic, that we shut it off in every one of them, because we get tired of it changing everything all the time, and ruining the likelihood of any kind of wave consistency.

I think itís probably nice for someone who knows absolutely nothing about running a wakesurf boat...... for anyone else, it just seems to be a downside. Great thing is, we can turn it off.

On topic- the new SE looks awesome.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-30-2018, 1:43 AM Reply   
I can tell you my experience, we have almost 150 hours on this 2018 Supra SL this season. First, Autowake has 2 parts. First is the sensors and gauges which includes pitch and roll sensors and the draft/amplitude sensor/gauge. These sensors/gauges are absolutely crucial IMO to having a consistent wave. And if you are like me, and sometimes turn off AW, you are always on that screen monitoring the pitch and roll.

When I go out with just my family, which has gotten a lot smaller, we turn it off because we wan't every lb of ballast ON, and everyone knows where we sit and such when we surf. There is only 3 of us now, my wife and my 13 yr old daughter Jessie. When my son and his wife come with us, we still have it off, again, every lb, and we all know where we go to keep the wave perfect, cuz we are nuts for that perfect wave.

Often we have other people in our boat, and I turn it on. I have extra peeps in the boat and when you have extra peeps people are ALWAYS moving around, and with AW, they can. The system will keep my settings and the wave is consistent. And since we have extra weight from people, if the system has to let some weight out of one side, or take some weight out of the bow cuz 2 ladies head up there, the wave stays perfect, and with the double pumps, its fast.

So I guess all that to say, don't forget how the AW system of sensors and gauges make Inconsistency a thing of the past. And if you would rather keep it off and make sure people stay where they should be, and tell that guy, "can you move back?", or "can you not go in the bow right now?" or whatever, then turn it off, its your boat. But for me, I love it that I can turn it on when I have guests in my boat, and let them do what they want.

And the wave on our SL, its insane.

Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-30-2018, 12:41 PM Reply   
Man the goofy side looks so nice.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-31-2018, 12:38 AM Reply   
spent the day on an sl recently and had a blast, actually the first time surfing that wasn't a PITA. It felt like the sweet spot was the entire wave which was fun, you could recover when you'd normally be done for behind another boat. I'd like to make the wave longer if i had one complaint. Once i got behind it, it didn't feel as short as it looked from the boat because the whole wave was rideable. Way better than a t23 i've ridden and my own boat by far. Its not a short wave by any means, but i just want to be as far from the swim deck as possible.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2018, 3:06 PM Reply   
The SL wave is pretty unique that way, and one of the the things we have pointed out, it has lots of power, but its consistent all the way through, and it isn't overwhelming as you get closer. You have to try it to understand.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-02-2018, 2:03 PM Reply   
So how does that compare to the G or RI/FI wave?
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-09-2018, 3:54 AM Reply   
prepare to the next level dash
Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       08-09-2018, 6:57 AM Reply   
^ that's actually kinda funny because its close to the truth.
Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       08-09-2018, 6:58 AM Reply   
Wakes are getting solid these days though