Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Paul Pearce (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-01-2017, 6:12 AM Reply   
This past summer, every Friday after work a group of us would get out on the water to enjoy some glass on Lake Austin. Yet this time we ran across a lady on a Jet Ski that just couldn't get the message that she was riding too close to our rider. Maybe we could have handled it differently but after about 10 minutes of trying to wave her off there was no avoiding some tense words. You can watch all the way through or skip to 1:54 where it all begins. Let me know what you guys think!

Old    Jason (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       12-01-2017, 6:28 AM Reply   
You handled it better than I ever have and would in the future... I have no patience for ANYONE that follows my riders that close!

On an unrelated note... What's up with the vertical positioning of your mirror instead of horizontal? Seems like your field of vision would be next to nothing plus it looks to impair your forward vision some.
Old    Paul Pearce (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-01-2017, 6:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by corerider View Post
You handled it better than I ever have and would in the future... I have no patience for ANYONE that follows my riders that close!

On an unrelated note... What's up with the vertical positioning of your mirror instead of horizontal? Seems like your field of vision would be next to nothing plus it looks to impair your forward vision some.

Haha! Good catch! That mirror is so loose that the only way to get it to stay in one spot when we ride is to turn it vertical. Surprisingly you still get a wide enough view of the wake behind you that it is still functional. We just need to quit being lazy about it and tighten it up.
Old    BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-01-2017, 6:40 AM Reply   
Very professional video. I would sound like a two tooth redneck if I did the commentary on a video.
Old    Paul Pearce (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-01-2017, 7:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Very professional video. I would sound like a two tooth redneck if I did the commentary on a video.

LOL! Thank you! I'm totally stealing that! Two Toothed Red Neck! HAHA!!!

Last edited by h2oslider; 12-01-2017 at 7:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-01-2017, 7:55 AM Reply   
Cool video - Lake lice. I hate them. We carry an air horn for when they wont stop from just trying to wave them off. I usually slow down or stop and then blow the air horn at them to get their attention. Works every time.
Old    Jason Buffalow (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-01-2017, 8:00 AM Reply   
Well done - Super enjoyable
Old    Nacho (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       12-01-2017, 10:02 AM Reply   
great vid. applaud your patience with the careless folks you had to share that butter with. i'm pretty laid back but nothing gets my blood hot in a hurry like jetskiers playing too close. handled it well.
Old    Bob (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-01-2017, 10:39 AM Reply   
I really like these. Keep up the good work!
Old    Chris Dunkley (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       12-01-2017, 11:43 AM Reply   
My biggest peeve on the water...

Next time you should chase very close behind them zig zagging in the wakeboat blasting some Heavy Metal and start shooting flare at them... That should give them a good idea, of how it feels... Fucckkers
Old    Stephen P (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-01-2017, 12:33 PM Reply   
There's a hand sign that works really good for communication with jet skiers. Its just like the peace sign except you lower your index finger. Most jet skiers are familiar with this sign but if that does't work try doing the same thing with the other hand at the same time.
Old    Stephen P (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-01-2017, 12:33 PM Reply   
Enjoyed the vlog btw. good riding
Old    Paul Pearce (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-02-2017, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflashwatersports1 View Post
Cool video - Lake lice. I hate them. We carry an air horn for when they wont stop from just trying to wave them off. I usually slow down or stop and then blow the air horn at them to get their attention. Works every time.

Hmmmmm........I think I like the idea of the airhorn. May just have to pick one of those up!
Old    Paul Pearce (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-03-2017, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Well done - Super enjoyable

Thanks Jason!
Old    Paul Pearce (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-03-2017, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
I really like these. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!
Old    Paul Pearce (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-03-2017, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8290 View Post
Enjoyed the vlog btw. good riding

Thank you Stephen!
Old    Baitkiller (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-04-2017, 9:55 AM Reply   
Great video, nice riding. Looks like a fun crew to have as regulars. The jet skier issue I think was handled well. I have done much worse under the same circumstances. In my defense the skiers were my children and I kinda sorta lost my mind for a little bit.

My poor suffering wife... LOL.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-04-2017, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Great video, nice riding. Looks like a fun crew to have as regulars. The jet skier issue I think was handled well. I have done much worse under the same circumstances.
Me too, LOL. And like you not admitting the details on a public forum.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-04-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
My wet sounds WS420BT intercom was super useful for this.
Old    Paul Pearce (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-06-2017, 8:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
My wet sounds WS420BT intercom was super useful for this.
Now that would be pretty darn useful to have!
Old    Paul Pearce (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-06-2017, 8:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Great video, nice riding. Looks like a fun crew to have as regulars. The jet skier issue I think was handled well. I have done much worse under the same circumstances. In my defense the skiers were my children and I kinda sorta lost my mind for a little bit.

My poor suffering wife... LOL.
Thanks! While I only have my first one on the way........I am slowly starting to understand the being protective part, so I don't blame you!
Old    Jeremy Hawkinson (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-07-2017, 12:32 AM Reply   
First of all, awesome riding in that video. I hope to be able to do some of that one if these days. I havenít tried anythjng new in a looonnnnggg time (kinda switched to surf in my old age on this side of the hill), but met some new riders this past year that sparked my desire to ride again. And seeing videos like that fuel me even more, so lookin forward to getting in shape this off season and hopefully progressing next summer.

Secondly, I think you handled that with a lot of grace. I have ZERO patience for idiots on the water and that is way too close. People just donít get it!! It literally is a glance away and not see a man down....and game over!! ....but on the flip side to that. I have had people kinda jump off my waves then even try to get my attention and make sure we are comfortable with it. For those people I invite them over, fill up my surf setup and say go at it! Have a blast! (Obviously no rider of course). But I assume itís gotta be fun jumping off a big wake, so if they are respectful I try to offer let them have a ball and all enjoy the lake..

Unfortunately too many ignorant ones kill it for everyone because my first impression is ďfín jet skierĒ haha