Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-14-2017, 9:57 AM Reply   
woot.com
https://www.woot.com/?ref=act_gh_w_1#

They grey 40 was sold out when I hit "Buy Now" but that's fine I got the Tan. Get them while you can going quick!
They have the 30q and the 40q
Attached Images

Old    BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2017, 10:30 AM Reply   
that's a great deal
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-14-2017, 10:38 AM Reply   
Competitor.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-14-2017, 10:49 AM Reply   
Thanks for the link Dane: Right now the woot Yeti "deal" and the Artic normal price both coolers are the same price.
Example Woot: Yeti 40 q =$179
Artic 40 q=$165

I'm sure the Artic bag is just as good as the Yeti but all things equal I will take the Yeti. They are the L/V of Soft Bags.
Attached Images

Old    Scott (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-14-2017, 10:55 AM Reply   
Yeah, whatevers...
Attached Images

Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-14-2017, 11:56 AM Reply   
^^^^ Yea not even in the same category. Sorry but fill that $30 cooler with beer and Ice. Turn it on it's side and enjoy the water show threw the zipper. We brought a cooler like that $30 on a day trip last week. Every where you put it it would leave a wet spot or drip drop water torture.
Old    BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2017, 12:33 PM Reply   
I'm cheap ass but I agree with grant. I have an RITC hard side cooler and love it, but damn it's heavy when it's full.

BUT

the Ozark from walmart is built like the Yeti and RTIC and doesn't leak. My wife bought me one for fathers day and it work really well. No wet spots last time I used it and I left it outside on the same table all weekend.
Attached Images

Old    Scott (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-14-2017, 12:50 PM Reply   
Nice, I was just kidding, but figured there was something way cheaper....
Old    Eric R (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-14-2017, 8:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
I'm cheap ass but I agree with grant. I have an RITC hard side cooler and love it, but damn it's heavy when it's full.

BUT

the Ozark from walmart is built like the Yeti and RTIC and doesn't leak. My wife bought me one for fathers day and it work really well. No wet spots last time I used it and I left it outside on the same table all weekend.
I have tha Ozark Trail and it's great for the money.
Old    Hunter Forrester (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       08-15-2017, 7:34 AM Reply   
IMO and only IMO, yeti is a ripoff. Plenty of cheaper knock offs work just as good like the ozark trail. My buddies Yeti held ice for maybe 24 hours more than my cheap igloo on our last camping trip. Not worth that $400 more that he paid. Sorry, just the facts.
Old    Aaron Douglas (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-15-2017, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter991 View Post
IMO and only IMO, yeti is a ripoff. Plenty of cheaper knock offs work just as good like the ozark trail. My buddies Yeti held ice for maybe 24 hours more than my cheap igloo on our last camping trip. Not worth that $400 more that he paid. Sorry, just the facts.

For the hard sided coolers I will agree. I have a few of yeti hard sided coolers, they work great. Anything special? Nah. But their sizes are great especially for hunters.

But the soft sided coolers are vastly superior to their competition. Why? The zipper. It's RF welded (as are some others). But it is estimated that each one of their Hydro-lock zippers cost them just under $100 per cooler.

I have had a yeti and an rtic side by side (upside down) with water in them and the rtic does leak in time. The yeti simply will not.

So as far as hard sided coolers and their tumblers and bottles. They are more expensive and likely no better than their competition. But the soft sided coolers are easily superior.

As you said:

"Sorry, just the facts."
Old    Josh M (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-15-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
That Yeti soft sided is the worst design ever. I'd rather have water leak than stick my arm in that big fugly purse. No way to carry it around without looking like a tool. No thanks.
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-15-2017, 10:05 AM Reply   
That OZARK cooler looks good for the price. And as far as looks I don't really care. Once you load that thing full of Beer & Ice you ain't carrying that thing around. You lug it from point A to B and then get after it. We bought a cheep-0 soft cooler to bring cold food from the lake house to the other place and I tell you the Taco shell design work perfit for sitting behind your seat in the car. Fat at the base and thin at the top, works great the square coolers Not so much.
Old    Scott (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-15-2017, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
That Yeti soft sided is the worst design ever. I'd rather have water leak than stick my arm in that big fugly purse. No way to carry it around without looking like a tool. No thanks.
Yep, It looks like a purse. I would rather have a cheap hard sided cooler. But whatever.
Old    Hunter Forrester (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       08-15-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
Check out AO Coolers. Really good soft sides that don't cost a fortune.
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-16-2017, 11:47 AM Reply   
I throw my worthless 2 cents in here . I have friends that are "name brand people" if you know what I mean . I myself am not and love the stuff thats just as good with out the name . I have a RTIC 40 bag but in blue not camo and my fancy friends have the Yeti 40 like mentioned above . There Yeti works great but it SUCKS to dig around in . He saw my RTIC at the lake and was checking it out and went home and ordered one . He liked the flip open lid as do I . As for quality they seem pretty equal to me but I guess time will tell . I also have a friend that has the Ozark Trail and he loves the dang thing and from what I can tell it holds ice really well and he says if he looses it or it gets ripped off he wont be so upset about it . I see the Yeti is now offering the Flip model too . I wonder if RTIC will sue them the way Yeti did . lol

Last edited by CALIV210; 08-16-2017 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-16-2017, 8:28 PM Reply   
I had both the Ozark and now own the RTIC after their close out sale. The RTIC def holds ice in the sun way longer than the Ozark.

With that said , the Ozark is a rock solid cooler that has never leaked and for the cash a home run .
Old    Eric R (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-16-2017, 9:34 PM Reply   
I keep mine under the observers seat so it never sees the sun. Works great. I have no doubt that it will not hold ice as long as the RTIC and Yeti but I believe it's a much better value when considering the cost and performance together.
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-17-2017, 1:05 PM Reply   
My yeti cooler came in today. It's definitely worth every penny of $170. I feel like at $170 this is a great product. $300 not sure about that? I never payed too much attention to these because I wasn't willing to shell out $300 bucks but now that it's in my hands this thing is bad a$$. It's bigger then I thought I put a beer in the pic to show you size. Say what you want but all the buckles and carry straps are super nice and not that it matters all the marketing material that comes attached and or with it was super high quality. They even include a care kit for the cooler including some lube for the zipper
Attached Images

Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2017, 10:14 AM Reply   
Was getting some stuff at the store and say this smaller yeti soft cooler 30q for $249 Holly crap. That WOOT deal was the bomb $179 for the 60q and they gave me a Bottle opener as a present for registering the cooler Even better
Attached Images

Old    Ian Spencer (Xbigpun66)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-05-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
I guess $170 is a good price for a purse...ill have to ask the wife..
Old    "G" (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2017, 11:02 AM Reply   
LOL, LOL: I guess if you like you walk around town carrying it like a purse you have bigger issues I see it as a bag that you pick up with the 2 handles and throw in your boat , but if you see it as a Purse that you wanna parade around in no one is judging "You Go Girl"
Old    Nathan Gort (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-05-2017, 11:03 AM Reply   
I agree yeti is a rip off. I have friends who are named brand as well. But then again when they parents pay for everything still I guess who not, lets be 26 and 23 and still have mommy and daddy buy everything. Go figure ones almost married too HAHA.

Ozark is the way to go. mine takes a while to leak, and I love the stats over time rtic or Ozark will leak. What dumb person buys a cooler to keep upside down for days straight. the answer is no one. Just like the cups, I buy Ozark then pay a guy 20 bucks to powder coat my designs I want. I have personalized cup like no one else, and still only 30 bucks, still cheaper then yeti.

yeti either needs to drop the price a lot of just realize they have pushed themselves out of the market. Yeti reminds me of nautique and mastercraft. Which I think my buddy who boats with the higher ups there said that's why mastercraft is getting out of the water sports error. They will focus more on luxury but not performance. Then they broke out there new cost effective boat not to long ago and its for water sports. Its a great little boat. Hopefully Yeti does run themselves out of business.
Old    Scott (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-05-2017, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbigpun66 View Post
I guess $170 is a good price for a purse...ill have to ask the wife..
G, Your probably glad you got the lube, huh?

Just kidding.
Old    Mikeski (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-05-2017, 10:39 PM Reply   
I have about a dozen coolers, no Yeti's or any other super premium brands. I have an Rtic 40 and I like it, I also have both sizes of the Ozark coolers, then a bunch of coleman and igloo coolers ranging in various shapes, sizes, and thicknesses. My Coleman ultimate extreme 60 does a very good job of keeping things cold for up to 4 days in 100 degree weather as long as you aren't in and out of it too much. With the thick sides it's a little heavy for daily use so I use my thinner sided coleman or igloo depending on what configuration I need. The Rtic does great on long weekends with minimal food on Jeep trips where space is a super premium. I use a combination of dry ice and frozen water bottles on Jeep trips. 3 water bottles unfrozen for the first day, 3 frozen for drinking on the second day. No loose ice, everything stays dry and cool if you are creative with the location of the water bottles and everything inside the cooler is pre-cooled. Planning your meals with the second days food frozen also helps. I have even had ice cream out on the trail when it was close to 100 out, just needs to be packed touching the dry ice.

The RTIC is nice but the zipper is a bit stiff, I could see the Yeti zipper being a little better but the narrow opening might make it tough to pack? I like the flap top of the RTIC and Ozark coolers, would need to use the Yeti some before making final judgement.