Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-07-2017, 8:03 AM Reply   
Hi guys do any of you have the REVO 6 speakers ? Im looking for some feedback and experience with them I have some tired polks that have been discontinued and the tweeter keep cutting in and out on one of them . (Probably pushing them too hard lol) since they are discontinued I think nows the time to change brands since i cant match my other set anyway . Here is the link to the REVOs Im thinking about .

https://www1.crutchfield.com/p_867R6...pen-Grill.html
Old    TigeMike (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-07-2017, 9:18 AM Reply   
IMO, the difference between the old xs650 and the new revo-6 was so so dramatic, where as the difference between the xs808 and new revo-8 was less noticeable. The revo-6 is now so smooth, yet still loud with plenty of power handling. All new speaker from the ground up. New tweeter, cross over, etc. Speaker and LEDs leads are sealed pigtails with weather sealed connectors. Gone are the old style male spade style push on terminals. Everything is sealed. 8 grill options to choose from and RGB LEDs are now standard. i think this is the best sounding marine speaker out there.
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-08-2017, 5:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
IMO, the difference between the old xs650 and the new revo-6 was so so dramatic, where as the difference between the xs808 and new revo-8 was less noticeable. The revo-6 is now so smooth, yet still loud with plenty of power handling. All new speaker from the ground up. New tweeter, cross over, etc. Speaker and LEDs leads are sealed pigtails with weather sealed connectors. Gone are the old style male spade style push on terminals. Everything is sealed. 8 grill options to choose from and RGB LEDs are now standard. i think this is the best sounding marine speaker out there.
Wow thank you for the review !! I think I am going to pull the trigger on these as soon as momma gives me the green light . Im such a little kid I'm just as excited about the LED light in these speakers as I am about getting some nice new speakers . The Red LED will go nicely with the rest of the red LED accent lighting I have .
Old    Ian Brown (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-08-2017, 6:25 AM Reply   
trying to send you a PM Rick. Hit me up at support at onlyinboards.com
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-08-2017, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
trying to send you a PM Rick. Hit me up at support at onlyinboards.com
emailed ya
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-08-2017, 12:54 PM Reply   
OK I got some REVO 6's coming soon . I'll give you fine folks a review of them one they are installed . Thanks Ian @ onlyinboards
Old    TigeMike (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-08-2017, 3:20 PM Reply   
You're welcome, Ian
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       08-08-2017, 5:46 PM Reply   
I'm anxious about these speakers too! Please post up a review.
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-09-2017, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
I'm anxious about these speakers too! Please post up a review.
Will do !!! Excited to see how much difference there is from the Polks to these . I hope when I test fit them in the rear speaker location they arent too deep to add a set there too . If you dont mind me asking are you upgrading an existing set up or adding . If you are upgrading what do you have now ?

Last edited by CALIV210; 08-09-2017 at 5:46 AM.
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-09-2017, 5:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
You're welcome, Ian
You must have pointed Ian in my direction . Thank you for making the connection Im excited to get these .
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       08-09-2017, 6:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
Will do !!! Excited to see how much difference there is from the Polks to these . I hope when I test fit them in the rear speaker location they arent too deep to add a set there too . If you dont mind me asking are you upgrading an existing set up or adding . If you are upgrading what do you have now ?
I have the xs650s right now.
Old    TigeMike (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-09-2017, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
You must have pointed Ian in my direction . Thank you for making the connection Im excited to get these .
nope, he solicited you all on his own Im always happy to help a fellow dealer close a deal
Old    Ian Brown (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-09-2017, 9:36 AM Reply   
haha, thanks TigeMike!
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-17-2017, 6:11 AM Reply   
UPDATE !!!

I got the Revo 6's and they feel like really high quality components much more solid and a bit heavier then the Polks . After work yesterday I pulled the Polks I had out and installed the Revo's and HOLY CRAP WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!! I was very impressed with the sound quality and just how loud they play and stay so very clear . I have yet to adjust my amp but I am confident that with just a little fine tuning these things will only get better . I test fit one of them in my back speaker locations and it fit perfectly so I definitely see another set of these in my near future. If it wasn't back to school time and we didn't just spend 2 weeks straight on the water I'd already have another set coming . this one set of speakers just made me more excited about getting my tower installed this winter and getting some REV8's mounted on it . Thank you Ian Brown
Old    Rick (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-18-2017, 1:15 PM Reply   
hooked the LED's up like these speakers even more now

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:22 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us