Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-16-2017, 8:38 PM Reply   
I am restoring a Premier pontoon boat and was wondering how many of you have done the same or put some time and/or money into your own pontoon with personal mods. Would love to see some pics of what you guys have done to get some ideas.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       03-17-2017, 5:58 AM Reply   
my sis' husband and I did a restore on an old bass buggy tooner. tore it down to the logs. new floor, furniture, wiring, etc. actually did a different layout as we put it back together.
was a fun project and when you come down to it, there's not much to them.
I had some pics on the moomba forums that I tried to find but not located yet. did it around late '09 early '10.

Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       03-17-2017, 6:00 AM Reply   

Old    Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-18-2017, 5:34 PM Reply   
Looks good. How much of a pain in the @ss was removing the old carpet and sheets of treated plywood?
Old    Shawn (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-19-2017, 9:55 PM Reply   
I'm looking at doing my 22ft premier pontoon as well. At bare minimum I want to get all new seats and change the layout up. Contemplating doing the carpet too. But that's much more work than just the seats. I could have all the seats out minus the console in about 1 hour.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       03-20-2017, 6:49 AM Reply   
carpet on the original was trashed and wanted new lumber so it was easier to remove the wood and leave the carpet attached. took a couple hours to remove the lumber and screw down new wood. removing the old carpet and trying to salvage the wood could have added many hours to scrape and sand the old glue off.
if you have it torn down with no furniture and no fencing, replacing wood was pretty easy. don't know the total cost but iirc it was around $200 for the 4 sheets of wood.
Old    RB (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-20-2017, 7:46 AM Reply   
We looked at doing this a few years back. The biggest cost is replacing the furniture. Thats why you see so many of these with people using patio furniture on them. Its cheap and easy to do the wood and carpet. The furniture is cheaply made and its wood so usually is rotten and needs completely replaced not just upholstered. If you have actually solid structure I know you can do the vinyl.

After what I have seen you have done to your other boats you won't have an issue at all.
Old    Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2017, 11:31 AM Reply   
Oh the upholstery is 80% done and I just got the old carpet off today. Went pretty good with an old 8" ice scraper. The plan for this is unlike others I have seen. Think old tower that used to be on the lake. I am doing everything myself and hope to have it all done by June.
Old    Shawn (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-20-2017, 9:06 PM Reply   
Got any pics of the current progress?
Old    Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2017, 8:48 AM Reply   
I will get some this weekend
Old    Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2017, 12:21 PM Reply   
This is the only photo I have for now. Rails used to be standard aluminum. First l scuffed them up then etch primered them then used rustoleum truck bed liner and put new siding with the green stripings on them. That big tubing behind the rail is the 8'x16' upper deck frame.
Attached Images

Old    Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2017, 12:25 PM Reply   
Sometimes 26' isn't enough... 6' extensions
Attached Images