Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Ian Morre (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-30-2016, 5:00 PM Reply   
I have been debating on which type of wakesurf shaper to buy. I just found this pretty great article. I'm leaning towards the Ronix Wakesurf Shaper XL...

https://activewatersports.wordpress....16/09/30/1432/
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-01-2016, 6:06 AM Reply   
No! Tsunami wakes. You have 3 holes for adjust the face outwards or leaned back like a surf gate. It's 139.00 . Got mine late summer and the adjustability of the face/wave makes the favorite of all the ones we tried.
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-01-2016, 6:07 AM Reply   
Tsunamiwakes.com.

I should note I have go surf assist on my boat and we prefer the face of the tsunami for cleaner more height wave. GSA makes it very long but no steep face.
Old    Tom N (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-03-2016, 6:02 PM Reply   
I got the Wakeshaper at the in spring before all the other ones showed up. Everyone who has ridden behind it likes it. It does make the wave better. It is simple to use, no parts to break, no metal to deal with.

The things I don't like: velcro on the side of the boat (of course messes with the graphics); the velcro is pealing on the wakeshaper and the boat. In rougher water it has popped off the boat (it does float and is easy to find and you immediately feel its off as the driver). Because it floats it can be difficult to put on at times.

Yes we like it....but maybe one of the cheaper products will work as well. Not changing at this time.

Boat - 2015 - V215 Sanger running 900 lbs in each locker 450 up front and 300 in the center.
Old    Jon Chase (WakeSurf22)      Join Date: Dec 2016       12-26-2016, 7:51 PM Reply   
Hi all,
I'm a semi-retired competitive wakeboarders turned wakesurfers (getting old and easier on the back) and wanted to create a wake shaper product that was engineered, had stylish design and was affordable, just wanted to share as we feel we've done some things a little different from the competition.
- We used FEA analysis to design the shape and curvature to minimize outward pressure on the suction cups while displacing the most water (I'm a geek Engineer by trade). This allows for maximized suction.
- It's built from aluminum alloy with bull-nosed/rounded edges and an extra thick powder coat finish to protect riders and the boat.
- We incorporated the cups and levers into the design rather than buying a glass puller and bolting it to a product. Creates a streamline look, doesn't impact water flow and we used stainless bolts and nylock nuts.
- We wanted a stylish sleek design that fits with the style of wake sports and boats. Wanted something users would be proud to carry down their dock and attach to their boat.
- Lastly, it's affordable and we want to make the customer happy. Less than $200, free Koozie, flat shipping, lanyard included and we're working to develop a brand not just a product.

Sorry for the long post and plug, we're passionate about the sport and want to spread it. Please check it out and would love feedback.
www.nauticurl.com
Attached Images
 
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       12-27-2016, 9:49 AM Reply   
The best one for me was the one that I made myself for under $15, using an evening after work.

Old    Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-28-2016, 12:42 PM Reply   
I can second the NautiCurl. I have one of those it works great, plus it looks awesome! Using it on my Old 2000 MasterCraft X-Star total game changer!! The wake is bigger, the pocket is longer, and there way more push.
Attached Images
 
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-29-2016, 4:34 AM Reply   
I like the nauti design.
Old    Jon Chase (WakeSurf22)      Join Date: Dec 2016       12-29-2016, 12:22 PM Reply   
Thank you Jack and Andy! Appreciate the compliments. We worked hard to create something unique and stylish that performed well!
Cheers and happy holidays!
NautiCurl
We have a $20 off special going on w/code WAKE20
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-11-2017, 4:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeSurf22 View Post
Thank you Jack and Andy! Appreciate the compliments. We worked hard to create something unique and stylish that performed well!
Cheers and happy holidays!
NautiCurl
We have a $20 off special going on w/code WAKE20
Any plans to make the face or that fin on the back adjustable? I get different waves on my boat playing with the adjustable GSA tabs and my tsunamiwake face is adjustable from a tall wall of water to linger peaky lip ocean curl. Nice having the ability to create different waves on one hull
Old    Jon Chase (WakeSurf22)      Join Date: Dec 2016       01-11-2017, 2:35 PM Reply   
Hi Racer808,
We ran a number of angles and shapes through our analysis and testing on a variety of boats. We landed on the current degree due to it's balanced wave shape leaning towards the taller wave of water. We found that the wall can be shaped to a longer wave with the curly lip you mentioned by locating the Wake Shaper further up the hull (towards to bow).

As it sounds like you've noticed, the shape of the wave is somewhat of an art and can be modified by adjusting location of the NautiCurl Wake Shaper, degree of a shaper and balance of the balasts (more weight in the bow creates a longer wave, more weight in the rear creates a taller/stronger wave).

Thank you for your comment, that sounds like a potential v2 of the NautiCurl Wake Shaper. We're working on getting some distributors in the US, Australia and have a recent inquire from Japan...new products will be a priority.

Cheers and thanks again for the feedback.
NautiCurl.com

Old    Chase Rummans (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       01-12-2017, 8:08 AM Reply   
If you haven't made a DIY suckgate then you may not realize the best part of this design... having the suction cup locks easily reach. My DIY one works good enough but getting the front one locked in is always a royal PITA. Considering buying this product just for that reason.

Also a fan of having the water deflector in the back so you can position it all the way back on the hull. My DIY can only get it a foot away because it's mounted in the front. Props on a good design.

How much flex does that deflector have when running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeSurf22 View Post
Hi Racer808,
We ran a number of angles and shapes through our analysis and testing on a variety of boats. We landed on the current degree due to it's balanced wave shape leaning towards the taller wave of water. We found that the wall can be shaped to a longer wave with the curly lip you mentioned by locating the Wake Shaper further up the hull (towards to bow).

As it sounds like you've noticed, the shape of the wave is somewhat of an art and can be modified by adjusting location of the NautiCurl Wake Shaper, degree of a shaper and balance of the balasts (more weight in the bow creates a longer wave, more weight in the rear creates a taller/stronger wave).

Thank you for your comment, that sounds like a potential v2 of the NautiCurl Wake Shaper. We're working on getting some distributors in the US, Australia and have a recent inquire from Japan...new products will be a priority.

Cheers and thanks again for the feedback.
NautiCurl.com

Old    Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-12-2017, 9:47 AM Reply   
Chase, Mine has zero Flex. I think I could run it over with my truck and it would be okay. Its really heavy duty.
Old    Jon Chase (WakeSurf22)      Join Date: Dec 2016       01-21-2017, 7:46 PM Reply   
ChaseR720 - There's no flex in the deflector at 13 mph, aircraft grade aluminum is fully rigid, we engineered and tested to assure proper strength. Thanks for your feedback too Andy_Nintzel!

Thank you for the compliment on the ease of accessibility, we noticed this issue with many of the products and made this a priority with our design.

Jacked after meeting 2 wakeboard greats at the Minneapolis Boat Show today, Nauticurl Wake Shaper joining in of course. Thanks to Danny Harf and Bob Soven, pleasure meeting you!
Attached Images
 
Old    Ryan (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-05-2017, 8:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I can second the NautiCurl. I have one of those it works great, plus it looks awesome! Using it on my Old 2000 MasterCraft X-Star total game changer!! The wake is bigger, the pocket is longer, and there way more push.
Does the NautiCurl come with a tether or does it float? It's not a deal breaker, im sure Home Depot has something I could use to rig it up.
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-06-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseR720 View Post
My DIY one works good enough but getting the front one locked in is always a royal PITA.
When I made my DIY version I cut a 1"x3" hole in the front for access to the lever. It partially stick out and is easy to lock or unlock.
Old    Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-06-2017, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrie141 View Post
Does the NautiCurl come with a tether or does it float? It's not a deal breaker, im sure Home Depot has something I could use to rig it up.
Ryan, It doesnt float but it comes with a Paracord Lanyard.
Old    Ryan (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-06-2017, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
Ryan, It doesnt float but it comes with a Paracord Lanyard.
Perfect! Thanks, Andy!
Old    RM (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-16-2017, 8:39 AM Reply   
Has anyone tried the Nauticurl on a Sanger V215? I made a DIY suck gate for mine last summer and the hard part is getting the suction cups on with the curvature of the hull. My DIY gate could fit but wasn't made of metal. I like the looks of the nauticurl and how more compact it seems. I'd be interested in ordering one if knew it would fit.
Old    Bill Amaral (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-16-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
I ordered one....cant wait to try it out. It is WAY thicker/sturdier than I imagined it would be. Very nice product.
Old    Jon Chase (WakeSurf22)      Join Date: Dec 2016       02-16-2017, 4:14 PM Reply   
Hi Guys,
Ryan - Yes as Andy mentioned, there's a high-strength lanyard included. Thx Andy!
RM - Unfortunately we don't have record of one on a Sanger V215, we do have a money back guarantee if you'd like to give it a shot.
Bill - Thank you very much for joining the NautiCurl team and really appreciate your compliments!!

All - I also wanted to share that we're now proudly carrying Doomswell WakeSurf Boards, combine with our NautiCurl Wake Shaper for $50 OFF your order with code: WAVECOMBO.

Spring is almost here!!! Can't wait to get back on the water!
www.nauticurl.com
Old    Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-17-2017, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM_DLX View Post
Has anyone tried the Nauticurl on a Sanger V215? I made a DIY suck gate for mine last summer and the hard part is getting the suction cups on with the curvature of the hull. My DIY gate could fit but wasn't made of metal. I like the looks of the nauticurl and how more compact it seems. I'd be interested in ordering one if knew it would fit.
I'm no expert but looking at the Sanger V215 hull pictures I just looked up it seems like the NautiCurl would fit great on that step down of the hull, reminds me a lot on the step down on my X-Star where I mount my Shaper. It would be real nice and low on the hull.
Old    RM (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-17-2017, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I'm no expert but looking at the Sanger V215 hull pictures I just looked up it seems like the NautiCurl would fit great on that step down of the hull, reminds me a lot on the step down on my X-Star where I mount my Shaper. It would be real nice and low on the hull.
I doubt it would. The wakeshaper I built using the handle on demand wouldn't fit there. Its not a big deal for me to mount it above that since I have 1100 lb ballast upgrades in each corner to sack the back end down. The curvature of the hull is the part that I am most concerned about. The V215 has a lot of curvature and isn't real flat sided like some boats.
Old    Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-17-2017, 9:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM_DLX View Post
I doubt it would. The wakeshaper I built using the handle on demand wouldn't fit there. Its not a big deal for me to mount it above that since I have 1100 lb ballast upgrades in each corner to sack the back end down. The curvature of the hull is the part that I am most concerned about. The V215 has a lot of curvature and isn't real flat sided like some boats.
Ahhh, I follow you. I was just looking at pics and not at one in person.
Old    Matt R. (2004gravitygames)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-20-2017, 6:41 PM Reply   
The Mission Delta Universal worked really well for us this summer but I like the looks of the Nauti Curl and the price point I would have bought one of those if I would
have seen it first but all in all it is amazing at the difference it makes in the wave so glad to get away from listing the boat. If you don't have a wake shaper do yourself
a favor and buy one before your season starts it will change your summer. I wish I would have bought mine sooner.
Old    A B (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       02-24-2017, 7:16 AM Reply   
I just ordered the Nauti Curl, 2 reasons I pulled the trigger now... before I have my boat... and before summer time.
1. They are giving money back guarantee until 07/17... so gives me may and June to try it out...
2. I have read else where that Malibu Boats have a lock down coming on Patent issues... I hope this is not the case but want to have one of these before prices skyrocket because of supply and demand.
ok...3 it looks like a really good design.. maybe minus some adjustability....

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:41 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us