Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-08-2016, 8:42 AM Reply   
Hey all,

I have no movement at all out of my johnson reversible. The first time I checked everything after the winter I remember hearing a little noise from it and then it quit. After that I no longer had any movement out of it. I took it apart to see if I can see anything wrong with it but then I quickly found out I have no clue what im looking at. At the top of the pump (away from the impellar) there are two springs with 2 metal pieces that have wires attached to them. Is this supposed to be one piece? Im not sure....anyone out there have a picture what a working pump looks like inside? Or how its supposed to look? Can't find any pics of the internals on the interent.

Jeff
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2016, 8:55 AM Reply   
I'd check with Wakemakers, they have great tech support. Might just have an impeller that is stuck as well. Did you try reversing between fill/empty?

Might want to pull off the impeller side and see if it spins by hand.
Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-08-2016, 8:59 AM Reply   
Yea I pulled apart the impellar side and it was free and easy. Tried switching between fill and empty and just no juice at all. Took your advice and contacted wakemakers. Thanks.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-08-2016, 12:07 PM Reply   
did you check the fuse?
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-08-2016, 10:14 PM Reply   
If you want to switch over to Ballast Puppys I have 6 for sale. cheap and brand new.....

You have any push button breakers or switch relays that could've popped?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bpo/5723444522.html
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-10-2016, 12:22 PM Reply   
Or pay even less from WakeMakers, free shipping and no sales tax with a warranty on them as well.

https://www.wakemakers.com/johnson-u...6xkaArGN8P8HAQ
Old     (TTyler89)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-10-2016, 7:31 PM Reply   
I would first take a test light to your wires at the pump and make sure your getting juice there before I ripped anything out to replace it. Could be like other have mentioned and a fuse or breaker is popped. Could be you forgot to reattach a wire off of your battery over the winter. But that's just my .02
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       08-11-2016, 8:57 PM Reply   
Yes. Put a meter on it before you buy anything. If not, find someone who knows how to use one.
Getting power to the pump?
Getting power to the switch?

I had 2 or 3 bad switches at the start of this year.