Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you read a wakeboarding graphic novel?
YES! Shut up and take my money! 3 21.43%
Sure, if it was staring me in the face 6 42.86%
Ain't nobody got time for that 3 21.43%
Nope. Gotta get back out on the water 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old    Zach Block (zblock)      Join Date: May 2012       03-02-2016, 11:35 PM Reply   
I've been working on this for a fair bit now and having a lot of fun shaping this into a nearly completed product. Been meaning to create more in this space - can be found here - www.northairentertainment.com

Does anyone know of any other wake related entertainment media? - Comics, movies, books etc?

Old    Zach Block (zblock)      Join Date: May 2012       03-06-2016, 10:47 PM Reply   
1 follow up...
Old    Josh B (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-07-2016, 10:00 AM Reply   
I give you props for following your dreams with this. It looks like you've got good art. The preview pages on the website aren't really big enough to read though and I'm pretty turned off by the eye-raping that seems to be highly promoted based on your feature panels and previews.

I love wakeboarding and enjoy some comics. I won't read a comic just because it's about wakeboarding though. What's your hook with the story? Why should I be invested in these characters. Is there a story arc for Callun?
Old    Zach Block (zblock)      Join Date: May 2012       05-22-2016, 11:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
I give you props for following your dreams with this. It looks like you've got good art. The preview pages on the website aren't really big enough to read though and I'm pretty turned off by the eye-raping that seems to be highly promoted based on your feature panels and previews.

I love wakeboarding and enjoy some comics. I won't read a comic just because it's about wakeboarding though. What's your hook with the story? Why should I be invested in these characters. Is there a story arc for Callun?
I hear you Josh. That's a bit like watching Shark Night 3d because it had wakeboarding in it... which I did... and was terribly disappointed. STL is a friendship story and a love story with lots of humor. It's kinda like Top Gun wasn't really about Fighter Jets...

Old    Jordan Doreen (jordanbd98)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-23-2016, 7:46 AM Reply   
looks sick!!! great job. is it only a Digital or is it going to be paper too? jw
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-23-2016, 8:13 AM Reply   
I'd buy a copy for the coffee table.
Old    Zach Block (zblock)      Join Date: May 2012       06-03-2016, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanbd98 View Post
looks sick!!! great job. is it only a Digital or is it going to be paper too? jw
This is all formats. We have hardcopy prints (comic books) and a kindle edition available on amazon.
Old    Zach Block (zblock)      Join Date: May 2012       06-03-2016, 9:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I'd buy a copy for the coffee table.
Grab a copy @ www.shakethelakecomic.com
Old    Zach Block (zblock)      Join Date: May 2012       10-13-2017, 7:36 PM Reply   
Refresher. Volume 3 is nearly complete. http://www.shakethelakecomic.com

https://shoutout.wix.com/so/1Lw3A4Nk - Link for any shops that want to stock the book.