Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2015, 11:00 AM Reply   
I love seeing tricks that people just do a bit differently. A different grab on a common trick, or whatever it might be. Randall's toe side 180 method comes to mind, and pretty much everything that Derek Cook does.

Here's my recent tweak on a ts 180. One of my favorites right now. I'd like to take it to 360 this weekend.

Anyone else have stuff to share?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-22-2015, 11:40 AM Reply   
I like it! It's poked out and grabbed nicely.

Isn't it technically mute though, since it's your front hand (based on the take-off orientation)? Doesn't really matter, I'm just curious on how to call it.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-22-2015, 11:47 AM Reply   
Seatbelt grab? Definitely not indy. Looks good and would look great on a toe 3...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
That's always debatable. If you call the grab from the point of where the trick started, it would technically be mute. Or, as Professor pointed out.....since I missed and reached too far, it's technically bad form haha! I actually didn't mean to reach that far but what the hell, I thought it looked cool. I think seatbelt / crail has the be the nose or tail. So it's a bastard grab.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-22-2015, 11:59 AM Reply   
LOVE IT! Cant wait to see it as a three. I love trying out new twists on and old staple trick. I've been loving TS Tail Grab to late FS 3 a bunch recently, doing the 3 really late makes it feel more like a HS BS 180 than a FS 3 especially landing it without passing the handle. I'll get a video tomorrow when we're out.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-22-2015, 11:59 AM Reply   
Actually I like the over-reach combined with the backwards poke. Not to read too much into it, but it extends all your limbs except the one leg which kind of gives it a good look.

When you pause the video at the peak, it looks super dope.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-22-2015, 5:15 PM Reply   
I like that wake!!
Old     (Juzz22)      Join Date: Jul 2015       09-22-2015, 7:30 PM Reply   
that looks awesome
Old     (ecore)      Join Date: Jul 2014       09-22-2015, 7:58 PM Reply   
Just curious to know what your ballast set up is on your a22?? And also what speed and rope length?
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-22-2015, 8:02 PM Reply   
Dope for sure!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-23-2015, 8:12 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!

That's 70 feet of line at 22mph. Stock ballast and wedge + PNP front and rear sacks. The rears are 450s and only about half full with a boat of 4-5 people. There is also 600 in lead in the walkthrough.

Standard 350 motor and 2419 prop.

The boat is for sale actually
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-23-2015, 8:51 AM Reply   
Looks stylish!
Old     (ILikebooty)      Join Date: Mar 2015       09-23-2015, 1:03 PM Reply   
very cool
Old     (ecore)      Join Date: Jul 2014       09-23-2015, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Thanks guys!

That's 70 feet of line at 22mph. Stock ballast and wedge + PNP front and rear sacks. The rears are 450s and only about half full with a boat of 4-5 people. There is also 600 in lead in the walkthrough.

Alright thanks I run a similar set up with 800s in the rear about half full just don't remember mime looking that big. Is your cruise gps or the paddle wheel? Because I am going 23 (paddle wheel) at 65' and can't imagine going at 70'
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-23-2015, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks guys!

You ever Try dropping back a bit farther and kicking the speed up a bit. I dropped back 3 more feet this summer and it really help me out a lot (from 80' to 83'). What I found is that the longer line and 0.5mph more really allowed me to keep an upright body position while still generating a ton of speed at the wake. My goal was to get the line tension down so I could spin backside easier and it worked out really well for me. Just my two cents.
Old    MrDearybury            09-24-2015, 5:52 AM Reply   
Steezy...........I like it. Take it to three for sure. Post it!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-24-2015, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
You ever Try dropping back a bit farther and kicking the speed up a bit. I dropped back 3 more feet this summer and it really help me out a lot (from 80' to 83'). What I found is that the longer line and 0.5mph more really allowed me to keep an upright body position while still generating a ton of speed at the wake. My goal was to get the line tension down so I could spin backside easier and it worked out really well for me. Just my two cents.
Years ago I followed the trend into 75-80 feet of rope and 23-24 mph and I my riding suffered. When I went to camp a couple years ago I learned that a lot of pros, including Maur, Harley, Webb, and many others had shorten up their ropes, so I gave it a shot and it worked for me The tricks started coming back. At 70 feet the wake is way bigger, we burn less fuel, and the crashes less punishing so I don't hold back. The longer line and faster speed just kills my timing.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-24-2015, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Years ago I followed the trend into 75-80 feet of rope and 23-24 mph and I my riding suffered. When I went to camp a couple years ago I learned that a lot of pros, including Maur, Harley, Webb, and many others had shorten up their ropes, so I gave it a shot and it worked for me The tricks started coming back. At 70 feet the wake is way bigger, we burn less fuel, and the crashes less punishing so I don't hold back. The longer line and faster speed just kills my timing.

Don't most pros ride 77ish? It's the speed that has come down which is relative to the boat capability. To be able to ride 77' the boat needs to be able to produce a good clean wake at that point. Some boats can't do that at the lower speeds some can...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-24-2015, 11:55 AM Reply   
Speed has come down?

I think it's relative to the width of the wake. A clean wake is important obviously, but the distance wake to wake is a factor also. There was a time when every pro that I knew was riding 80 feet. That seemed to change as boats got wider.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-24-2015, 2:16 PM Reply   
In Stephen Pierce: LKN Forever video he throws the most stylish crow mobe I have ever seen
At 2:25
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-24-2015, 3:48 PM Reply   
His roast beef tantrum to blind was sick too. You don't see that often.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-25-2015, 6:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Speed has come down?

I think it's relative to the width of the wake. A clean wake is important obviously, but the distance wake to wake is a factor also. There was a time when every pro that I knew was riding 80 feet. That seemed to change as boats got wider.
Jarrod Good point. Now that I think about it when I ride by buddies G23 and a New Supra 450 I do shorten my rope up. That G wake is so wide and there is nothing worse that casing the wake when you dont see it coming.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2015, 8:00 AM Reply   
Yup, that stalefish crow mobe was dope.

I've never heard of that Tyler guy, but he's clear got a little money.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-25-2015, 8:58 AM Reply   
Love this kind of stuff!!!

Not big on the crazy flips and stuff myself but I love seeing unique stylish spins