Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-18-2017, 12:23 PM Reply   
Trump a patriot who respects the military? LOL now THAT takes some serious brain-pretzeling to believe.

Such a patriot he let daddy buy him five deferments (then later claimed he had it just as tough as those who served because his prep school was so strict).

He subsequently weaseled out of service claiming he had "bone spurs" (oddly they didn't seem to prevent him from being an avid tennis player during the same period).

Such a patriot he said that John McCain's wasn't *really* a war hero because he was a POW.

After being asked if he understood what it was like to sacrifice one's child for the war effort, his response was “I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures.”

Just a few examples of his impressive patriotism.
Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-18-2017, 12:40 PM Reply   
I saw this the other day. I don't know how accurate it is.

IMHO, the dems want to perpetuate this type of thing and the repubs want to end it

If it's true, then Houston, we have a problem

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/s...tml/?a=viewall
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
No, we pay our own way for university education but have a interest free loan system which gets paid back once you are employed.

We have privacy laws but i don't know what HIPPA entails and if what we have is equivalent

The reason it is not apples and apples is because of the political landscape which makes it so, at the end of the day sick people get health services here for half the cost of there.
Truth be told, people get basic health care way cheaper in Indiana than they do in California. Could it be regulations?
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2017, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Truth be told, people get basic health care way cheaper in Indiana than they do in California. Could it be regulations?
Yes it could be. My point is you said its not possible to lower the cost of healthcare, quite clearly that is false.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 3:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed. When you accuse someone of drinking the Kool-aid for recanting what's in the news without having any knowledge of the facts you are hurling an insult. And IMO Trump respects no one. All of the other Presidents gave the appearance of respecting the military so there is nothing discriminating Trump from them except the suspicion that any show of respect he offers is phony and fleeting with the first appearance of criticism.
Bush respected everyone. Didn't stop you guys from insulting him every day and calling him a chimp. Funny, a person can't say hold your horses on you flame baiting a story, but you are the first to bring it up with half the facts to flame bait. You can not have it both ways.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Trump a patriot who respects the military? LOL now THAT takes some serious brain-pretzeling to believe.

Such a patriot he let daddy buy him five deferments (then later claimed he had it just as tough as those who served because his prep school was so strict).

He subsequently weaseled out of service claiming he had "bone spurs" (oddly they didn't seem to prevent him from being an avid tennis player during the same period).

Such a patriot he said that John McCain's wasn't *really* a war hero because he was a POW.

After being asked if he understood what it was like to sacrifice one's child for the war effort, his response was “I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures.”

Just a few examples of his impressive patriotism.
Yet, your boys Obama and Clinton did what in the military? Clinton was protesting America on foreign soil. How did you guys treat Bush and his service?

Get out of here with that. Always something. Far as I am concerned, Trump gets a pass. Heard enough belly aching from you guys about this stuff, that I don't care if he was Ho Chi Min's accountant at this point.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Yes it could be. My point is you said its not possible to lower the cost of healthcare, quite clearly that is false.
If you use it, it will not get cheaper. That is a fact. Insurance is that. It is not a service plan. If you buy new equipment, you will not make it cheaper. Those are facts. Basic business usually states if you can produce in volume, the cost goes down. More money in a fixed market will never drive a product cost down. It only drives it up. I could be wrong, I would like for someone to prove me wrong. I am a willing student.

A doctor can only see so many people. At that point, the volume discount is gone. You may have to restructure laws to allow nurses to perform doctors work because there is not enough doctors to have price competition. Regulations fix the baseline of medical costs to meet minimums. Those are not moving. Sure, you may be able to get a handle on cost of pills and or durable goods, but those are usually based on usage. If you don't use them, they don't cost. Maybe volume discounts for those?

Where does the savings come from?

Our doctors have to pay back over 10 years of student loans and they have interest and can not be discharged. They also have to carry insurance.for malpractice. You are talking people hitting the job market around age 30 who are most likely $250,000 in debt.

This article from CBS calls it a million dollar mistake.

$1 million mistake: Becoming a doctor

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/1-milli...ming-a-doctor/

Loan plus interest if they pay to the end is over $400,000 plus 10 years out of the job market asuming $50,000 year earnings.
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2017, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
If you use it, it will not get cheaper. That is a fact. .
Maybe we are talking at cross purposes but the cost of the insurance is driven by the cost of the service. There are so many things the government could do to lower the cost of the service it is laughable. It's almost like they are purposely trying to create the least favorable environment possible.

I have zero problem with the government subsidizing doctor training of there is a public good which results but maybe that is the liberal in me
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-18-2017, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Bush respected everyone. Didn't stop you guys from insulting him every day and calling him a chimp. Funny, a person can't say hold your horses on you flame baiting a story, but you are the first to bring it up with half the facts to flame bait. You can not have it both ways.
A person can say "let's wait to see if it's true". But the "you are drinking the kool-aid" approach is an insult suggesting one is gullible and that the story is not true. Nobody in their right mind is going to jump to the kool-aid insult over a story that is as likely true as not. My money is on it's true because it sounds just like the kind of crap that Trump does over and over. Why would you think that he wouldn't have said that her husband knew what he signed up for? That is a true statement and Trump supporters have an affinity for blurting out the truth even if it's distasteful and would only be spoken by someone with a boorish personality. IOW the people who hate anything "PC".

Bush got insulted a lot once people realized that he led us into an unnecessary and costly war. Don't recall anyone calling him a chimp. But yeah he got called out a lot for his huge foreign policy blunders.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
A person can say "let's wait to see if it's true". But the "you are drinking the kool-aid" approach is an insult suggesting one is gullible and that the story is not true. Nobody in their right mind is going to jump to the kool-aid insult over a story that is as likely true as not. My money is on it's true because it sounds just like the kind of crap that Trump does over and over. Why would you think that he wouldn't have said that her husband knew what he signed up for? That is a true statement and Trump supporters have an affinity for blurting out the truth even if it's distasteful and would only be spoken by someone with a boorish personality. IOW the people who hate anything "PC".

Bush got insulted a lot once people realized that he led us into an unnecessary and costly war. Don't recall anyone calling him a chimp. But yeah he got called out a lot for his huge foreign policy blunders.
The chimp pictures were on this site all the time (mostly by Wes)
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-18-2017, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Uh. My hollywood portion was brought to you by your fake news on teens in a dressing room then you lecturing everyone on not being focuses on the issues.
Trump either did or didn't do it. You don't know if it's fake news or not. Neither of us can say that we know. The weird thing is that you think that this has something to do with Hollywood. In your mind it appears that you believe people who work in the entertainment industry aren't allowed to express their opinions on politics. An opinion that appears to have no basis of any kind.

Do you believe that being popular and having an audience means that you can't express an opinion on the govt? Or do you believe that if people put you on TV that you can't express an opinion on govt unless you are making money from it? Because I don't recall you saying that Fox News shouldn't comment on politics. Seems that nearly every one of your posts is some logical fallacy that only makes sense to you.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 5:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
A person can say "let's wait to see if it's true". But the "you are drinking the kool-aid" approach is an insult suggesting one is gullible and that the story is not true. Nobody in their right mind is going to jump to the kool-aid insult over a story that is as likely true as not. My money is on it's true because it sounds just like the kind of crap that Trump does over and over. Why would you think that he wouldn't have said that her husband knew what he signed up for? That is a true statement and Trump supporters have an affinity for blurting out the truth even if it's distasteful and would only be spoken by someone with a boorish personality. IOW the people who hate anything "PC".

Bush got insulted a lot once people realized that he led us into an unnecessary and costly war. Don't recall anyone calling him a chimp. But yeah he got called out a lot for his huge foreign policy blunders.
You see. I jump to the side that a democrat is the one who took this to the press while "over hearing the conversation" so it is automatically a lie. That's what democrats do. They have little moral compass so they lie. Ends justify the means to them.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 5:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Trump either did or didn't do it. You don't know if it's fake news or not. Neither of us can say that we know. The weird thing is that you think that this has something to do with Hollywood. In your mind it appears that you believe people who work in the entertainment industry aren't allowed to express their opinions on politics. An opinion that appears to have no basis of any kind.

Do you believe that being popular and having an audience means that you can't express an opinion on the govt? Or do you believe that if people put you on TV that you can't express an opinion on govt unless you are making money from it? Because I don't recall you saying that Fox News shouldn't comment on politics. Seems that nearly every one of your posts is some logical fallacy that only makes sense to you.
No. I believe that when you are on TV that you have an artificial access that the rest of us don't thus you should show some responsibility with that power. Only logical fallacy is your interpretation of my posts. You purposely omit sections of the discussion then set up stawmen to attack. Typical response from you.

The whole point is you guys seem to love the hollywood types echoing your side of life only to find out they are absolute liars. They are molesting and raping each other. Having their power brokers actually wielding power over them then getting on TV and accusing middle America of doing that when in truth there is no such thing happening. It is only happening in their world. Then people such as yourself uses their words as some sort of confirmation bias to justify your acts. In many cases, those acts are becoming more and more violent against Republicans. All that, based on a lies. BLM. Based on Lies. ANTIFA based on lies. democrat party? I am safe in saying they are based on lies.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-18-2017, 5:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
The chimp pictures were on this site all the time (mostly by Wes)
Not once, liar.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-18-2017, 5:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
That's what democrats do. They have little moral compass so they lie. Ends justify the means to them.
You just lied about 17 times on this page alone. And you said you give Trump a pass from all his lies because you agree with his policy goals. What do you think "ends justify the means" means lol.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-18-2017, 5:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
You see. I jump to the side that a democrat is the one who took this to the press while "over hearing the conversation" so it is automatically a lie. That's what democrats do. They have little moral compass so they lie. Ends justify the means to them.
So as I understand it your moral compass says that anytime a democrat repeats something they overheard it's a lie, and anytime Trump tells a lie it's an opinion.

What I don't get is the knee jerk reaction to us discussing what's in the news at the time it happens. I'm not opposed to someone claiming that they're not inclined to believe the person who made the claim. I can't dispute the possibility that you might be right. But I predict if it turns out that Trump did say what was claimed that you guys will dismiss it as irrelevant to anything. The point being that you don't really seem to have any standards on how a President should behave. OTOH if it turns out that the congresswoman who made the claim was lying it's only relevant to the people who elect and support her. Nobody changes their whole political philosophy because of the failure of a politician in their party of choice. I have no problem with acknowledging a bad politician no matter what party they are in because I identify with the issues, not the people. It should be obvious by now that politicians on both sides of the fence are flawed and none of us take responsibility for that.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-18-2017, 5:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
You just lied about 17 times on this page alone. And you said you give Trump a pass from all his lies because you agree with his policy goals. What do you think "ends justify the means" means lol.
I'm not counting his lies but the rest is hilariously spot on. It's like he doesn't even know what he's posting.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-18-2017, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
The whole point is you guys seem to love the hollywood types echoing your side of life only to find out they are absolute liars.
Just give me one f'kng example of me loving a lying Hollywood type. You are a freak'n moron. You keep bringing Hollywood into the conversation when it's not even remotely being addressed by me. Calling me out for strawmen is absurd. It's like you don't even have a clue what that means.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Not once, liar.
Not once, but multiple times. You were big into all your meme back then. Maybe you drank too much. You were always posting those up about Bush. Maybe you don't remember considering you would just throw them up.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-18-2017, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Not once, but multiple times. You were big into all your meme back then. Maybe you drank too much. You were always posting those up about Bush. Maybe you don't remember considering you would just throw them up.
You continue to lie. Show one chimp pic I posted.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 5:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
You just lied about 17 times on this page alone. And you said you give Trump a pass from all his lies because you agree with his policy goals. What do you think "ends justify the means" means lol.

I know exactly what it means. I said that I know politicians lie to some extent. You guys seem to think democrats don't. You don't think people in politics don't lie. You are only lying to yourselves. I said that I give trump a pass on military service. I also stated that I am enjoying watching your head explode over every little fart that is let.

As far as ends justify the means, I believe the left absolutely believes in it. That is why you guys are out beating up Republicans in the streets, burning down towns and blocking traffic.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-18-2017, 5:50 PM Reply   
Of course dem politicians lie. All politicians do. So do you. Repeatedly.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
So as I understand it your moral compass says that anytime a democrat repeats something they overheard it's a lie, and anytime Trump tells a lie it's an opinion.

What I don't get is the knee jerk reaction to us discussing what's in the news at the time it happens. I'm not opposed to someone claiming that they're not inclined to believe the person who made the claim. I can't dispute the possibility that you might be right. But I predict if it turns out that Trump did say what was claimed that you guys will dismiss it as irrelevant to anything. The point being that you don't really seem to have any standards on how a President should behave. OTOH if it turns out that the congresswoman who made the claim was lying it's only relevant to the people who elect and support her. Nobody changes their whole political philosophy because of the failure of a politician in their party of choice. I have no problem with acknowledging a bad politician no matter what party they are in because I identify with the issues, not the people. It should be obvious by now that politicians on both sides of the fence are flawed and none of us take responsibility for that.
Interesting twist again. Typical Johnism. Yes I believe when a democra speaks it is a lie at this point. I have heard nothing useful or constructive come from that party or it's followers for years. On Trump? I am willing to see how things play out. Of the things that you guys said were lies, it turns out many times he was correct then the story just vanishes. I am sure he lies sometimes. If not lies, they are what he may believe is truthful. Hard to call someone a liar when it is from someones point of view on an issue that is not black and white.

On the congress woman out telling tales? Why would you do that? Why would you bring a grieving family into a pissing contest? If he said something you felt was wrong, comfort the family. Most sane people would do just that. Politically motivated people? I am pretty sure that she is politically motivated. double down that she is a democrat and you have a sure fire liar on our hands. Trump more than likely said something that was well received many times and maybe this time is was not. He did not say anything bad at all. He said it and it was received in the context it should have but the congress woman chose to tell the story differently. You and Wes only choose to believe in your version of what you believe the truth to be on all topics Trump.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Of course dem politicians lie. All politicians do. So do you. Repeatedly.
Nope. I guess you don't know the social construct of calling people a liar (of course democrats aren't people just so we are clear). you would not make it in fly over country to well with that mouth. You tend to use that quiet often directed at me.
Old    deltahoosier            10-18-2017, 6:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
You continue to lie. Show one chimp pic I posted.
Wakeworld was reformatted. Only posts go back to 2010 from what I can find.
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2017, 9:48 PM Reply   
Here's some humble pie for you delta:
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/whi...nderstood/amp/
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-18-2017, 9:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Interesting twist again. Typical Johnism. Yes I believe when a democra speaks it is a lie at this point. I have heard nothing useful or constructive come from that party or it's followers for years. On Trump? I am willing to see how things play out. Of the things that you guys said were lies, it turns out many times he was correct then the story just vanishes. I am sure he lies sometimes. If not lies, they are what he may believe is truthful. Hard to call someone a liar when it is from someones point of view on an issue that is not black and white.

On the congress woman out telling tales? Why would you do that? Why would you bring a grieving family into a pissing contest? If he said something you felt was wrong, comfort the family. Most sane people would do just that. Politically motivated people? I am pretty sure that she is politically motivated. double down that she is a democrat and you have a sure fire liar on our hands. Trump more than likely said something that was well received many times and maybe this time is was not. He did not say anything bad at all. He said it and it was received in the context it should have but the congress woman chose to tell the story differently. You and Wes only choose to believe in your version of what you believe the truth to be on all topics Trump.
When was Trump right and the story went away? Examples.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-18-2017, 10:18 PM Reply   
Karen Meredith, the Gold Star and Military Families coordinator for VoteVets, who lost her son, First Lt. Ken Ballard, in Iraq, said Trump's "actions and words on this entire matter of the fallen in Niger is disgraceful, and unbecoming of a President of the United States and commander in chief."
"This is not about you, it is about them. It is about all of us who lost our loved ones, in war," Meredith added. "For once in your life, please stop making everything about you. For once in your life, at least pretend to know what empathy is."

That pretty much sums up the ****bag in chief. And regarding his lie which Delta-the-liar doesn't think is a lie:
Attached Images
 
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2017, 10:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
When was Trump right and the story went away? Examples.
Don't be coy, we all know delta is referring to that time Trump ponied up the proof Obama was Kenyan.
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2017, 12:16 AM Reply   
So let's review the actual footage of POTUS refuting he said "he knew what he signed up for" to the mother:
https://twitter.com/cspan/status/920...735425025?s=09
Check the body language, liar!
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Here's some humble pie for you delta:
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/whi...nderstood/amp/
Have you seen the full quote of the discussion?
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
So let's review the actual footage of POTUS refuting he said "he knew what he signed up for" to the mother:
https://twitter.com/cspan/status/920...735425025?s=09
Check the body language, liar!
Who are you calling a liar?
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Don't be coy, we all know delta is referring to that time Trump ponied up the proof Obama was Kenyan.
And you know this all the over where again?
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
When was Trump right and the story went away? Examples.
3 Attacks On Donald Trump That Also Make The Media Look Bad
http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/27/...edia-look-bad/

What the Press Still Doesn’t Get About Trump
http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...t-trump-215049
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
When was Trump right and the story went away? Examples.
You can start with the Russian narrative
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Karen Meredith, the Gold Star and Military Families coordinator for VoteVets, who lost her son, First Lt. Ken Ballard, in Iraq, said Trump's "actions and words on this entire matter of the fallen in Niger is disgraceful, and unbecoming of a President of the United States and commander in chief."
"This is not about you, it is about them. It is about all of us who lost our loved ones, in war," Meredith added. "For once in your life, please stop making everything about you. For once in your life, at least pretend to know what empathy is."

That pretty much sums up the ****bag in chief. And regarding his lie which Delta-the-liar doesn't think is a lie:
Delta the Liar huh. You know when people have to resort to name calling, it means that have run out of real arguments. Of course democrats aren't people so I don't know where they leaves you?

Don't you have some marches to organize with your pink pu$$y hats and some sticks?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-19-2017, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
You can start with the Russian narrative
Huh? The guy is under investigation by a private committee. His son and his main people met with Russians to get dirt on Hillary. It certainly isn't "fake news".

You guys were up in arms about private servers, he uses them now.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-19-2017, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
What the Press Still Doesn’t Get About Trump
http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...t-trump-215049
Did you even read this? I just read the first point being made and they aren't very kind to Trump. This is just from the first item.

Quote:
Frequently, reporters assume that because they have already responded to a Trump assertion, the issue is settled. But then he repeats the same misinformation, as he did in defending the size of his inauguration crowds. In part, this is because he’s incapable of acknowledging loss or error.
Quote:
Likewise, the press seems to have forgotten the power of distraction. Coverage of the Trump-ordered missile attack in Syria made little reference to how conveniently it deflected attention from Russia-gate, Trump’s conflicts of interest, his draconian budget cuts, etc.
Quote:
Trump has also mastered the power of grievance and continues to use it. When an issue gets too sticky, he reverts to self-pity—fashioning himself as the victim of Barack Obama’s supposed wiretapping, for instance.
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2017, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Have you seen the full quote of the discussion?
Which discussion?
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2017, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Who are you calling a liar?
Trump. You can tell from his body language he knows he is not telling the truth. For the record i don't think you are a liar if that's what you think i was saying.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Huh? The guy is under investigation by a private committee. His son and his main people met with Russians to get dirt on Hillary. It certainly isn't "fake news".

You guys were up in arms about private servers, he uses them now.
Actually more truth is coming out on the meeting with his sons and it is not meeting the narrative. Even CNN admitted it was a losing topic and moved on.

Of course, It is becoming more clear that Hillary and the Russians had more dealings. People are pulling on that thread.

As far as your server narrative. Again misrepresenting the argument. SHE HAD CLASSIFIED INFORMATON ON HER SERVERS. It is not about using servers, it is about the content and the mishandling of classified data. One thing to note, people did not seem to know she had them but they know Trump does. So is his really a private server? Do you know the classification of said server? Did you know they have arrested the guy who was running the DNC servers and made his wife come back to the country?
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Which discussion?
Trumps discussion with the widow. You really believe that was the full breath of words that were said. Did you also know that the congress ladies story on how she supposedly heard and how much of the conversation is falling apart?
Old    Alex Faylar (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-19-2017, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Huh? The guy is under investigation by a private committee. His son and his main people met with Russians to get dirt on Hillary. It certainly isn't "fake news".

You guys were up in arms about private servers, he uses them now.
Dirt on Killary you good? killary is the definition of dirt haha.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Trump. You can tell from his body language he knows he is not telling the truth. For the record i don't think you are a liar if that's what you think i was saying.
was not sure. Just seeing if you were part of the current theme of another. Thanks for the clarity.

I am not a body language expert and bias comes in to what people want to believe certain actions say. I was hit by some girl with her license in the back left wheel area of my car with me traveling about 20 mph and her actually turning from an on coming turn lane. She had her license for 1 week. It was still the paper version. I even helped her out. Told her it would be Ok and helped her. Next thing I know, the cop started questioning me like I did something illegal and it through me way the hell off. I could only imagine being the president and simply trying to do the right thing and then someone trying to do attack dog gotcha politics throws out allegations like this. Then of course the press laps it up. You guys lap it up. I know exactly how F'ing angry I was in that moment and how angry it makes me to this day when reflection on that moment. I don't live in that place and time, however I can use that to draw on empathy of the feeling.

Personally, it just makes me believe more and more that a person can not try and do the right thing in this world. It solidfies my stance that democrats are simply evil destructive people.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Did you even read this? I just read the first point being made and they aren't very kind to Trump. This is just from the first item.
Yep. It is an article from a different point of view. It also shows how he is using them like a puppet and making their heads explode. The press is their own worst enemy and you help them. It only solidifies peoples resolve to defeat you not help you. That is how you guys got Trump.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-19-2017, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
Dirt on Killary you good? killary is the definition of dirt haha.
Hahahhahahahahhahahaha so good! Hahahahhahahahhahahaha
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2017, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Trumps discussion with the widow. You really believe that was the full breath of words that were said. Did you also know that the congress ladies story on how she supposedly heard and how much of the conversation is falling apart?
Nobody, is saying that is the breath of what he said. The issue I have is the POTUS is accused of saying those specific words, when called on it, denied it and said he had proof. Now multiple people confirm he said those words. Ok POTUS, where is your proof, produce it or your proven to be untrustworthy.

This is quite a separate issue as to if it's appropriate to say those words in that situation. That's just another example of why he is inadequate for the job.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-19-2017, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
That is how you guys got Trump.
This sounds like you admit he's a POS and that's what you like about him.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-19-2017, 11:56 AM Reply   
I think Delta is saying that if you make fun of dumb people for too long for doing dumb stuff, they won't take it any more and will get really mad and show you how dumb they really are.

"uppity, elitist, ivory tower, east coast, progressive, professorial," etc are all code words for "they think they are smarter than you." Bannon is kinda masterful at whipping up that sentiment. Gingritch wishes he had the touch.

And it does get into this feedback loop of "quit calling me stupid!" "but you really ARE stupid!" "oh yeah? take this!" "see, stupid!" "stop calling me stupid!" and repeat.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-19-2017, 12:15 PM Reply   
Actually I think he's saying that he admires people who act like 3rd graders because it pisses off all the adults in the room.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-19-2017, 12:19 PM Reply   
+1
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2017, 12:31 PM Reply   
To be fair delta hasn't supported trump directly, he has more railed against the neo Libral tide which i think most agree is out of control. Unfortunately trump is the wreaking ball smashing in to neo liberalism so it looks like tacit support.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
This sounds like you admit he's a POS and that's what you like about him.
You democrats are POS and I don't like you guys, so that throws out your narrative of liking someone because they act like POS.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Actually I think he's saying that he admires people who act like 3rd graders because it pisses off all the adults in the room.
Irony alert........
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I think Delta is saying that if you make fun of dumb people for too long for doing dumb stuff, they won't take it any more and will get really mad and show you how dumb they really are.

"uppity, elitist, ivory tower, east coast, progressive, professorial," etc are all code words for "they think they are smarter than you." Bannon is kinda masterful at whipping up that sentiment. Gingritch wishes he had the touch.

And it does get into this feedback loop of "quit calling me stupid!" "but you really ARE stupid!" "oh yeah? take this!" "see, stupid!" "stop calling me stupid!" and repeat.
Keep it going. Trump until 2024.....

Last edited by deltahoosier; 10-19-2017 at 1:22 PM.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
To be fair delta hasn't supported trump directly, he has more railed against the neo Libral tide which i think most agree is out of control. Unfortunately trump is the wreaking ball smashing in to neo liberalism so it looks like tacit support.
Nailed it.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-19-2017, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Nailed it.
what does neo Libral mean?

(been too busy reading the Atifa manual that came with my democrat membership to keep up on the new terms).
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-19-2017, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Keep it going. Trump until 2024.....
Oh believe me there's some unfortunate truth to your analysis. Or my breakdown of your analysis anyhow.

Much of it stems from smart = bad. Or at least learned = bad. Not sure why we tend to distrust experts, but it's there.
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2017, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
what does neo Libral mean
Lol, I just coined a grantism. How about neo liberal?

Look the reality is this fixation on left/right and everything being good or bad relative to that prism is getting us no where. Until we recognise that there is good and bad in everything and start judging things on their merits then they system will just stay in paralysis.

The reason I don't like Trump is because he is an incompetent narcissist. The reason I didn't fully support Obama is he didn't balance the books. There, it's not that hard.
Old    deltahoosier            10-19-2017, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Oh believe me there's some unfortunate truth to your analysis. Or my breakdown of your analysis anyhow.

Much of it stems from smart = bad. Or at least learned = bad. Not sure why we tend to distrust experts, but it's there.
Maybe I miss judged what you wrote. I thought you wrote a "Cobert" type of retort. I will engage your analysis. The whole notion that Trump is an idiot and Bush before him were idiots is reckless. They are not idiots. You are not get to that level of success by being an idiot. Trump may be corny and clearly is not a politician, but he is not an idiot. Leftist coming out of the wood work believing they are empowered by the "clearly Trump is an idiot so we must ramp this up" crowd are sadly mistaking. The only reason you people own the "we are more intelligent" montra is because you hold rallies and tell each other this. It is not playing well on Main Street.

I am willing to utilize Twain. Never argue with an idiot because he will drag you down and beat you with experience. Trump is no idiot but he will drag you down and beat you with experience and he is doing that to the press.
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-19-2017, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
You know when people have to resort to name calling, it means that have run out of real arguments
Crooked Hillary
Lyin Ted
Little Marco
Rocket man
Low energy Jeb
Crazy Bernie
Along with all the folks he called "loser", a zero, liar ....
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-19-2017, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Keep it going. Trump until 2024.....
Man, I hate liberals more so than I am right wing, but I voted for Trump & I gotta say, I don't think there is anyway he wins reelection. I am wondering if he'll even serve out his first term. Between his own mouth & gaffes & the attacks from right & left, I think he's done. Then they can move onto destroying Pence anyway they can.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-19-2017, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Maybe I miss judged what you wrote. I thought you wrote a "Cobert" type of retort. I will engage your analysis. The whole notion that Trump is an idiot and Bush before him were idiots is reckless. They are not idiots. You are not get to that level of success by being an idiot. Trump may be corny and clearly is not a politician, but he is not an idiot. Leftist coming out of the wood work believing they are empowered by the "clearly Trump is an idiot so we must ramp this up" crowd are sadly mistaking. The only reason you people own the "we are more intelligent" montra is because you hold rallies and tell each other this. It is not playing well on Main Street.

I am willing to utilize Twain. Never argue with an idiot because he will drag you down and beat you with experience. Trump is no idiot but he will drag you down and beat you with experience and he is doing that to the press.
Sanctimony is similarly off-putting. I've never been to the sort of circle jerk rally you are talking about. This thread is my rally, Delta. I like to hear what you have to say even if I disagree with it. Often we're closer to agreeing than you'd think.

I don't think it's "clearly Trump is an idiot so we must ramp this up" at all. I think it's closer to "clearly Trump is an idiot and I don't understand for the life of me how you can't see it." You are right -- he's not a "legal idiot"... well done steaks with ketchup notwithstanding.

But very successful, and well trained people can be incompetent outside of their field of expertise. This is Trump. And from my vantage point there's a lot more effort being put into twitter wars and other stupid distractions than actually getting competent.

Communicating ideas in a way that contradicts your opponent's view (or better said your guy's view or your guy's party's view) and doesn't alienate your opponent is very difficult. Both sides could (and need to) do better.

And the fact is that the sides are dug in pretty hard. It's the vacillating dumbest of the dumb voters who either don't show up from election to election or who vote one way and then another who rule us all.
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-19-2017, 5:06 PM Reply   
Steve Bannon gave trump a 30% chance to complete his 1st term.
On Pence, I cannot trust the super fundamentalist Christians. Too far out there.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-19-2017, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Man, I hate liberals more so than I am right wing, but I voted for Trump & I gotta say, I don't think there is anyway he wins reelection. I am wondering if he'll even serve out his first term. Between his own mouth & gaffes & the attacks from right & left, I think he's done. Then they can move onto destroying Pence anyway they can.
I thought the same about Bush in 04. We Americans like our incumbents.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-19-2017, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Man, I hate liberals more so than I am right wing.
That's an interesting take. What parts do you hate?
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-19-2017, 5:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
That's an interesting take. What parts do you hate?
Arguing with them. These threads would be much more gratifying if everyone just agreed about everything.
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2017, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
That's an interesting take. What parts do you hate?
The problem with "Liberals":
They push equality of outcome. ie If you have more than average than you have got it by unfair means and should give some of it up to help those who haven't done so well.

They tend to support the post modern philosophy that there is no truth, only interpretation of truth and every interpretation is of equal value.

Most of all they hold this "I'm better than you attitude" because I'm looking out for my fellow man and your being selfish.
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-19-2017, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
That's an interesting take. What parts do you hate?
I'm a Southpark republican. That sums it up nicely.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-19-2017, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
The problem with "Liberals"
They can't just see things in terms of black and white.
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2017, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Sanctimony is similarly off-putting. I've never been to the sort of circle jerk rally you are talking about. This thread is my rally, Delta. I like to hear what you have to say even if I disagree with it. Often we're closer to agreeing than you'd think.

I don't think it's "clearly Trump is an idiot so we must ramp this up" at all. I think it's closer to "clearly Trump is an idiot and I don't understand for the life of me how you can't see it." You are right -- he's not a "legal idiot"... well done steaks with ketchup notwithstanding.

But very successful, and well trained people can be incompetent outside of their field of expertise. This is Trump. And from my vantage point there's a lot more effort being put into twitter wars and other stupid distractions than actually getting competent.

Communicating ideas in a way that contradicts your opponent's view (or better said your guy's view or your guy's party's view) and doesn't alienate your opponent is very difficult. Both sides could (and need to) do better.

And the fact is that the sides are dug in pretty hard. It's the vacillating dumbest of the dumb voters who either don't show up from election to election or who vote one way and then another who rule us all.
What is there to see about Trump. He is there for the policy and to stomp out the internationalists that are selling off our sovriegnty. I do not care about the Jerry Springer things he say, because frankly, I knew that coming in that he was not a politician. I liked Cruz. So what is there to say at that point. Bush did not say anything wrong yet the leftist put our talking point after talking point daily. At this point, I don't care what the left has to say because they have been so far off the ranch on being objective that I figure if Trump said it, it more than likely was not that bad as they say. If Trump or Bush before him even cleared their throat, there would be a thousand articles saying that he did something off kilter or make up words. Like all the headlines with this widow. All headlines only read the part they are trying to sell. General Kelly gives a good speech on this and it gets attacked. There is nothing redeemable about democrats at this point.
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2017, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Man, I hate liberals more so than I am right wing, but I voted for Trump & I gotta say, I don't think there is anyway he wins reelection. I am wondering if he'll even serve out his first term. Between his own mouth & gaffes & the attacks from right & left, I think he's done. Then they can move onto destroying Pence anyway they can.
I am for the little guy but like to think I understand society. He may not make it, but if he is being attacked by both sides, then we have put exactly who needs to be in that seat. We need someone who is going to piss both parties off. Isn't that what people want. They are tired of the status quo? Well, he is not that but he is for America first and is not interested in selling our freedom to the UN.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us