Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    wakelvr            08-31-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
Conditions were terrible today for being labor day weekend. Oh well, better luck next time.

First is the delta this morning.
Second pic is Melones on Saturday morning.
How was your labor day weekend ride???

Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-31-2003, 6:20 PM Reply   
those are bad?
Old    wakelvr            08-31-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
Sarcasm....

I'm still in shock that we found decent water this weekend being Labor Day weekend and all:-)
Old    wakedave375            08-31-2003, 6:28 PM Reply   
i know, same here in georgia. absolutely great for a normal weekend let alone labor day. its been fantastic and tomarrow will be better for us, cuz there is some sort of rowing contest and there shutting down that part of the lake. only people that can get back there are the ones who live there, and we live there
Old    wakelvr            08-31-2003, 10:16 PM Reply   
More pics from this weekend: Great Weekend so far....

http://www.wakepics.com/media.php?searchstr=user:1567&trick=Any&type=Any&t ime=1062393215&search=search&limit=10
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-01-2003, 2:56 AM Reply   
Water at the delta was great not many boats on sat. But seem like every time it was my time to board on sunday every boat on the water came my way. But still not many boats on the water this weekend
scott
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-01-2003, 5:46 AM Reply   
Were you at Melones all weekend Stefani? Did you see a yellow wakesetter with yellow tower?

I was there as well and couldn't believe how little traffic there was. Mayber the gas prices scared em all away.
Old    wakelvr            09-01-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
Hi Chad, we arrived Friday after work, and left for home Saturday night. There was about 25 of us in our group. We had an island of campsites to ourselves at Glory Hole. I didn't have my boat, but if you saw a White Supra, Sanger DX2, 2 black and tan wakesetters, a Yellow X10 (to name a few), that was us. I remember seeing another yellow boat out there though... Were you out early Saturday morning riding and if you were, did you see a white supra with a silver tower? I was on that boat. For Saturday day, we were in the yellow x10. If you saw someone butt surfing behind the yellow x10, that would be us!

Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-01-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
had a furlough in vegas thurs-sat and rode mead. worse conditions i have ever experienced! but i guess that was expected with it's size and popularity......

and just in case any of you were wondering; miami vice has not been cancelled, it is now being filmed at lake mead! "crocket and tubbs" had their cigarette boats out every day and anchored in every glassy cove......

however, did fly home to some nice butter for the rest of the weekend in idaho!

and as usual, nice pics stef and thanks for sharing....

cheers.
Old    wakelvr            09-01-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
Good to hear from you Ryan. You know, if you are ever in our area, you better call us so we can hook you up with a pull!

Cheers,
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-01-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
yeah I seen you guys in the supra and the yellow x10 I think. You were in the same cove (if you could call it that) in the morninings

On a side note, I did see the black and tan WS, tell the owner that he has a sweet color combo. Beautiful boat.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-01-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
i am still planning on taking you guys up on that stef!
unfortunately, i have been putting more hours behind the yoke instead of the boat or keyboard.....
good news is that my wife is expecting another little "flagger" this next spring..... yee haw!
i need you guys to keep your fingers crossed for a boy! you yanks and america have a great country but this "democratic rule" has a gotten a little out of hand at the McCafferty household! time for some men to have the say! wife, twin daughters, two female labs, i can't begin to explain the abuse i take on a daily basis...... oh well, always nice to see the pics and everyone else's fun!
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-01-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
The weather sucks in Ohio, cold and raining.
Old    samcdog            09-01-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
rain, rain and more rain
Old    sonicr1            09-01-2003, 5:54 PM Reply   
I was at melones this weekend... remember the yellow X-10 and Malibu... We were in a blue 01 X-Star. We hung out west of the dam and drove back forth around a little island.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-01-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
hey william, is that the blue x-start with the new decal on it? we saw you a couple of times (i was there with the group stefani mentioned).
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-01-2003, 10:17 PM Reply   
whoops - "x-start"? hey stefani, good to see you guys got back safe and had a good rest of the weekend at the delta. we missed you and jason!
Old    sonicr1            09-02-2003, 4:52 AM Reply   
No, I think it was the stock decal... it's my buddies... so I'm not sure. We had a good time... water sucked until around 5ish, then it got better, still not as nice as the Delta, but there is just something about being in water that isn't brown!!!
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-02-2003, 5:45 AM Reply   
I want to put out a special thanks to all who stayed off the water this past weekend...
This is Vics at about 3PM Saturday!!! Wow!

And here is Derek, just started riding on the 4th of July. This weekend decided he would try jumping.
W2W on his 3rd attempt!

Again, notice the traffic...
Once, on Monday ('round noon) we had a busy slough---for about 10 minutes.

WHAT AN AWESOME WEEKEND!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2003, 6:11 AM Reply   
Man, I am so jealous. Here in San Diego, I put my boat and truck in line for the lake at 7am on Saturday, FOR SUNDAY MORNING. Showed up Sunday morning at 5:15am and there had to be 60 or more boats in line already (us being third). We did get some good pulls in on some good water while everyone behind us was launching. Had good water from about 6am until about 7ish. Then, it was rollered-out.

Can't even imagine having good water all day on Labor Day weekend. You guys got it made up there!
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-02-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
Holy Crap Paul!
That is unbelievable!
I must be totally spoiled, 'cause I could never do that.
I LOVE to ride...but...man, I don't know if I love it THAT much. You truly have the stoke Paul.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-02-2003, 6:53 AM Reply   
Florida was windy. No rain, but windy in the afternoons.
Had some good runs in the morning and evening though.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
I had the Castaic ski cove yesterday to my head. Perfect water from 3pm til 6:30. My six year old took 4 pulls and is bunny hopping the back side of the wake. He is also riding one handed and grabbing the board and touching the water. Took my three year old for a few pulls as well. Great day couldn't believe how empty the lake was.

Sunday was alright. Spent the first part of the morning collecting signatures to save our lake. Finally got out on the water and broke my big toe on my skate. Thanks to Sky dog for driving my boat.

Friday after work sucked, more crowded than weekend.
Old    wakelvr            09-02-2003, 9:40 AM Reply   
Christopher: We missed you guys too and it was great meeting you both!!! I wish we could have hung out more... but at least Jason got to ride with you Sat. morning. Please send me an email next time you are in town! Would love to take you guys out on the water....

Gregg: we are spoiled I'm starting to notice. No more complaining by me..... Not after hearing about so many other horror stories! You going to be around tonight so I can bring by your ice chest that I've had for over a week?
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-02-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
And to think I cut my final ride short last night cause the ripples were slightly larger than I was used to and the board chatter was a bit un-nerving...

Stef, I'll be around after 7:30 PM.
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-02-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
paul, you should have waited til yesterday and got the course pass for 2-close. then you could have split time with us (and only us, most of the time). there was one slalom boat that took two runs and another boat that took two and then left. we had the whole course (not much wind) for the majority of the afternoon.

very surprising for labor day. the only bad part was the hour-long wait to trailer the boat... too many drunk rookies and only two ramp lanes open.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
John, is the course usable? It seems too short to me.
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-02-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
it's pretty short, but if you get up on plane quickly you can get about 5-6 "tricks" in per pass. i'd rather run the short course than be out in sea state 7. i guess for SD it's better than nothing!!
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-03-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
we had it pretty bad on Lbor Day too...Damn crowds!!!

choppy!
more chop
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-03-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
we had it pretty bad on Labor Day too...Damn crowds!!!

(Sarcasm)

choppy!
more chop
!!!
???
sucks to be us!!!