Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-21-2015, 5:54 PM Reply   
Curious about the build of these boats. Mainly would it have wood in construction?

Also what is the value of a 2000 Pro comp XTS closed bow. Carbed motor with around 600 hours in average condition. Needs some elbow grease. Has been sitting for a while so may need some money invested in mechanicals and clean up. Dealer has it at $13.5K which I think is way off. Seems like its been for sale for quite a while.
Old     (Scotty)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-23-2015, 8:22 AM Reply   
Run don't walk from $13.5K for a 2000 DD. All indicators say no to me, carbed motor, high hrs, elbow grease. If you really want it, offer $7K. With a little shopping, you can find a late 90s v-drive with fuel injection needing some TLC for $13.5K
Old     (jws2)      Join Date: Apr 2015       04-23-2015, 8:56 AM Reply   
I just bought a 96 Hydrodyne for 9500.00 and it had a gt-40 with only 240 hours. It had yearly maintenance records with it also.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-23-2015, 9:04 AM Reply   
http://www.midwestmastercraft.com/20...o_comp_xts.htm
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-23-2015, 9:07 AM Reply   
Although its not in the big 3 boat brands this doesnt look like the worst buy. I am pretty confident they will find someone who wants the "look" of owning a wakeboard boat to throw out 12k. I sold my 2001 MC X5 for high teens and it was no where near as good of shape as this boat.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-23-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
Price seems a bit high to me considering a carb'd motor, closed bow, and a tower you can't rely on not to break. Plus the gel looks pretty oxidized in the zoomed in pictures. But it's at Midwest, so I'm sure they've got a decent amount of wiggle room on their price. I believe by 2000 Calabria's were wood free on stringers.

Interestingly, looks like it has the gates for the quick-fill ballast, but no mention of it in the spec's and don't see switches to go with it on the dash. I think they're the same hull as the old Brendellas which skied decently, but no clue how well it does with board sports.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-23-2015, 9:35 AM Reply   
How you liking the Dyner jason. I sold mine last year around this time and upgraded to a VLX. its a solid boat.
Old     (jws2)      Join Date: Apr 2015       04-23-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
So far it has been great, I wish it had a bit more storage........ but in rough water it is stellar
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-23-2015, 11:44 AM Reply   
definitely seems overpriced. I can't imagine it will sell for anything over 9k
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-23-2015, 1:01 PM Reply   
Thats around where I thought. I don't see any way that boat brings 12K.

@Tom..they did say the gel is pretty oxidized. Plus they said it has been sitting long term and is going to need some work based on that. I'm going to have a look at it saturday and see what I think its worth.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-25-2015, 4:22 PM Reply   
Took a look at it today and it was pretty rough. I made an offer based on condition and what the boat is..a 2000 Calabria closed bow(not exactly a desirable model). This is a consignment so the sales guy called the owner. He told me the owner "scolded" him and then angrily explained why his boat was a bargain at $13.5K and that he really should be asking for more. All I could think was "WOW"!!!!

This boat has been for sale literally for years(near as I can figure 3+) and has not been cleaned or maintained during that time. Now I know why its still for sale. The guy isn't even in the right zip code…or state…possibly country!!
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-27-2015, 6:08 AM Reply   
Some owners are delusional. I wondered if it wasn't on consignment. Midwest won't typically take a trade-in that they can't unload pretty quickly, so that makes a lot more sense.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
For that price you're knocking on the door of a older VLX, Supersport, or 205v .... all leaps and bounds better than a closed bow DD.