Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-13-2015, 3:08 PM Reply   
This is how Barack announced his candidacy.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/10/obama.president/

In person.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-14-2015, 4:47 AM Reply   
I Wish I could never here the names Carter, Clinton, Bush,Gore,and Kerry ever again.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-14-2015, 12:59 PM Reply   
snl ^^^

"Citizens! You WILL elect ME ... and I WILL be your Leader."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXdNYXMQoy8
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2015, 4:12 PM Reply   
Why I don't get about Hillary is the "Vote for me, I'm a women" communication. Not very feminist IMO. Vote for me I am the the best candidate for the job, is the true message of a feminist. I didn't see Obama say "vote for me I'm black" at any stage, you let other people point that out.

She reminds me of Clair Underwood from "House of cards" to be honest.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-15-2015, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
She reminds me of Clair Underwood from "House of cards" to be honest.
She reminds me of Satan, to be honest.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-15-2015, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
She reminds me of Satan, to be honest.
Even more so if she had a Republican ideology.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-16-2015, 5:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Even more so if she had a Republican ideology.
And how is that Democratic ideology we have now working out for you.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-16-2015, 7:28 AM Reply   
Working out just fine for me. Stock market doubled and I don't have to hear about soldiers being killed in Iraq everyday.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-16-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
John just because you are choosing to ignore it doesn't mean that it isn't happening.

"Of those 2,232 deaths, 1,663 – 74.5 percent – occurred since President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009. The deadliest years for U.S. personnel were 2010, when 495 were killed; 2011, when there were 404 casualties; and 2009 when the death toll was 306."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-...r-55-more-2014
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-16-2015, 11:20 AM Reply   
Mark, what part of my statement is untrue? If a Republican was in the oval office, I'd expect deaths and costs to be even higher.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-16-2015, 11:29 AM Reply   
ha! stock market. never understood how the market is a bellwether for a president's success. You can thank Greenspan, Bernanke and now Janet Yellen for creating such a low interest rate environment for going on 20 years.

ISIS on the rise. We're just choosing to ignore it. And thats MUCH more dangerous than holding our ground in sandbox..

John, I've always loved those rose colored glasses!!
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-16-2015, 1:29 PM Reply   
"I don't have to hear about soldiers being killed in Iraq everyday" The main stream media is choosing to ignore it for the anointed one....

" If a Republican was in the oval office, I'd expect deaths and costs to be even higher" Such an educated and researched response.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...dern-times.htm

Admit it John this has been the worst presidency the USA has ever seen. We have blind (entitled) voters voting on a office that is toting more entitlement.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-16-2015, 9:56 PM Reply   
You got to be kidding Mark. Bush was a disaster. LBJ and Nixon killed thousands of Americans for nothing. And there is far more to economics than that chart. You are living in a Faux News bubble. And boring me.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-17-2015, 5:42 AM Reply   
Even in the worst economic times there are some that prosper it appears John you are one of them.
I am glad for you however it doesn't change whats really happening in this country . Just remember when Obama talks about the rich not paying their fair share he is talking about You. The only reason the stock market is up is the interest rate has been kept at almost 0 . When the rates go up I would get my money out of stocks If I were you.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-17-2015, 7:34 AM Reply   
575 US troops died in Afghanistan during the Bush presidency. By August 18, 2010, following two troop surges initiated by President Obama, that number had doubled. Today, over 1500 US troops have died in Afghanistan since President Obama took office—and yet, little in that war-torn country has changed.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/obamavsbush

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...st-over-rated/
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-17-2015, 7:57 AM Reply   
I've pretty much got my money out of stock right now. Expecting that this is a bubble. However the govt will do whatever it takes to keep the market high because of the number of defined benefit pension plans for govt employees. That doesn't mean there won't be occasional crashes. The reason why the economy is doing bad is because we are shipping all the jobs overseas. When the govt borrows to put money back into the economy because consumers are shipping the economy overseas it filters it through rich so they can take a cut. And we have lots of minimum wage employers that the govt has to kick in assistance to the employees just so they can live. So their employees are subsidized. Blaming all that on Obama is absurd. It was during the Bush admin the reality of how bad our economic paradigm is came to be manifest.

You guys keep believing what you want. I really don't care. I only care about two things... intellectual honesty and living within my means so I can spend my days wakeboarding and stepping it up to the next level until my body says no more. Turning 60 this year and I just learned two different transfers at the park.

Oh yeah Mark. Looks like Bush was so bad he didn't make it on the list. Just like Nixon. And nobody can convince me that LBJ was a good President. Yeah he supported civil rights and gun control, but he killed 10's of thousands of Americans and probably 100's of thousands of innocent Vietnamese for absolutely nothing. In my book that's just f*k'n evil.

Oh, and why did you conveniently ignore the thousands of Americans that died in Iraq under Bush. Not surprised that more died in Afghanistan under Obama. That was the country we were supposed to be at war with when Bush dropped the ball and invaded Iraq. Obama had to go back and take care of the business Bush was supposed to do. However, I disagree with the policy of invading *and* rebuilding. They should clean up their own mess in Afghanistan.

Last edited by fly135; 04-17-2015 at 8:01 AM.