Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-27-2015, 1:14 AM Reply   
Ive got a ridiculous amount of boards lying around, at the back of my house, under the beds, on top of cabinets etc, I figured I should put them to use and make a wakeboard feature wall.

Id like to mount 15 boards up on the wall vertically. Just wondering if anyone else had done something similar?

Im trying to figure out a cheap way to do it, but so far all I can think of is drilling a hole through the boards and screwing them straight into the wall. I dont mind doing that with the old ones but Ive got some classic boards I dont really want to drill a hole through.

Ive looked at some mounts and they ok but they all seem to be around 20 bux per mount, so for 15 boards thats a bit steep.

Any ideas?
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-27-2015, 6:55 AM Reply   
Depending on how handy you are you could make something similar to the below. My grandpa and I built several of these to hold my numerous snow/wake boards that were always getting in the way. Once you have a template/cut out its SUPER easy to make more!

http://www.storeyourboard.com/premiu...-display-rack/
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-27-2015, 7:35 AM Reply   
I've used these many time to mount boards to the wall. You need 3 per board. You put two on the bottom to hold the board up and one on the top to secure it in place. These really only work if you want to display the top of the board, it's cool cause you can get the board flush against the wall. They also work great for hanging them from the ceiling. Super cheap, maybe like $2 at for 3 of them Home Depot.
Attached Images

Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       02-27-2015, 7:55 AM Reply   

That's what I did, slapped it together in like an hour just so the boards were off the ground
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-27-2015, 9:21 AM Reply   
I made a bracket like the picture to mount a board in my living room before where I wanted it to look like it was floating. If you were to do a bunch I'd probably just make a shelf like the above picture. In my garage I just put screws through the fin holes and straight in to the cabinet I mounted them on.
Attached Images

Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-27-2015, 9:35 AM Reply   
Door stoppers are cheap and easy for snowboard storage on the wall, a wakeboard would probably work as well.
http://tinylittlelife.org/?p=257

I have mine mounted vertical instead of as picture due to side cut of the board, it may be more challenging with a wakeboard though doing it this way due to convex sides.
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-28-2015, 3:14 PM Reply   
Another cheap option is a dry wall screw through a wine cork.
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-28-2015, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy10 View Post
Another cheap option is a dry wall screw through a wine cork.
dude that is slick. nicely done.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-01-2015, 12:26 AM Reply   
Nice some great ideas. I need to make sure its fairly secure as the second row of boards will be about 6 ft up. Dont want any of them dropping out accidentally
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-01-2015, 3:40 PM Reply   
Hey Andy, what are those screw brackets called? Im trying to order them from the Home Depot website
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       03-02-2015, 8:06 AM Reply   
What if you just used fishing line through some of the fin holes? That would be a pretty easy way to get a floating look
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-02-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
I did a search for L screw and they came up.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-02-2015, 2:14 PM Reply   
if you're just doing one or two, you can mount through the fins holes pretty easily. stand off distance is something you'll have to tweak to get the look you're going for. Mounting them top to the wall would make them all look even and more flush
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-02-2015, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinoj View Post
What if you just used fishing line through some of the fin holes? That would be a pretty easy way to get a floating look
I didnt even think of that! Nice idea. That could be the easiest way to do it. Not quite as nice a finish tho as the fishing wire would still be visible.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       03-03-2015, 10:42 AM Reply   
Well with all these great ideas you better post a pic of the results, I'm really interested to see what you come up with
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-04-2015, 12:21 AM Reply   
Done! Turned out well I think. I ended up just mounting them through the fin holes.

Then for the boards im actually using I bought some brackets and mounted them straight onto another wall.
Attached Images

Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       03-04-2015, 1:02 PM Reply   
Nice Job Mark, that looks legit!
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-08-2015, 8:30 AM Reply   
Looks Awesome Mark...

Not sure I could get this past the bride....
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-09-2015, 10:46 AM Reply   
I used to have that Weddington board.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-09-2015, 2:37 PM Reply   
That looks fantastic! Very clean and classy. Great job!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-11-2015, 8:51 PM Reply   
John such a good board ey, I learned a lot on that board
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       03-13-2015, 8:58 PM Reply   
I wish I had enough old boards to even do something like this. I always end up selling off my old stuff.

I wish more than anything that I still had my first wakeboard, a 96 Neptune Impala.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-16-2015, 4:29 AM Reply   
yeh dude wish I still had my Hyperlite BAFF and the Murray honeycomb board eith the VW on it..