Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (LouZahr)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-16-2015, 6:40 AM Reply   
What is the thought between the two.

Should one go with the Deckadance mat or the Seadek/Synteak?

I have been in boats with the deckadance and heard that it is almost indestructible. I do not know the durability of the Synteak/Seadek interior.

Will the Seadek material stain? What happens if you drop a wakeboard on it? Durability over time? Dirty/sandy feet or scuff it? Kids drop a M&M on it, it melts, will it wash out? With Seadek is there more cleaning/vacuuming that needs to be done cause you can see all the sand/dirt/water spots, etc..

Let me know your thoughts...
Attached Images

Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       02-16-2015, 6:54 AM Reply   
Deckadence for sure. We switched form carpet to deckadence on our tige. We had seadek on a searay and it chips, dents, peals at the corners over time etc. It starts out great but just does not have the wearability and comfort in my opinion of the deckadence.

We have had the deckadence for a couple of years and it has held up great. It is like new and just needs rinsed to clean. Ours is blue and the color has not faded in the Florida sun and it does not get overly hot.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-16-2015, 7:46 AM Reply   
I wonder about holding water...Which dries quicker?
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       02-16-2015, 8:01 AM Reply   
Our deckedence does not hold water at all it flows through the back and is very dry very quickly. Our seadek dried quickly as well.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-16-2015, 8:01 AM Reply   
I was in your same predicament how when ordering my X23. I really lie the seadek however I was worried about it peeling up. I went with deckadance instead of carpet.

On my X45 it came with snap out carpet that I never used because I would still hold water. I'm hoping the deckadance is better and will allow for me to be able to keep it in full time except when I clean the boat.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-16-2015, 8:51 AM Reply   
deckadence
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-16-2015, 9:06 AM Reply   
I think the Sea Deck stuff is cool but I have always been a skeptic. It looks great when it's new but all the boats I have been in that are only a few years old the Sea Deck material is not as soft and feels some what dryed out and faded. It's great that you can just Peel up and replace sections. I think that's Sea Decks advantage. And for some boats it's a Stock part and you can just order it. Another advantage.
The Deckadance is a entirely diffrent flooring material compared to Sea Deck so it's hard to do a apple as to apples comparison.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-16-2015, 11:07 AM Reply   
With deckadance, they advertise openly on their website that it's lifespan is ~ 4 years. I'm sure it might last longer than that, especially if well cared for. But it's something to be aware of.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-16-2015, 7:58 PM Reply   
I ordered my VLX with Deckadence, so far I really like the feel of it on your feet and the functionality. I have spoken to quite a few people who have had it for year(s) with no fading, staining, or wear and tear issues. I am looking forward to putting it through the test this summer, we are usually pretty hard on carpeting. I think if you keep your boat covered or garaged it will increase longevity of the product, I am sure if you left it out in the sun indefinitely it would start to fade like anything else.

Personally, I would never put any flooring in my boat that could not be removed and cleaned outside the boat. Just my preference....
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       02-17-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
I've had the deckadance in my Tige going on 3 seasons now, and I'm probably going to get rid of it after this season and go with the SeaDek. We use our boat so often that we don't always cover it up when we come in, and it has gotten rained in a couple of times, and has also taken water over the bow once while weighted. At the end of last season after taking it out, we parked it with the intention of going out again the next day, only to have it rain for like 3 days straight. Didn't get a chance to clean out the boat and had left the carpets in it too. After the carpets sit in water for a bit, the rubber begins to flake off the underside. And regardless of what they say, the mats will still hold water. I usually pull the mats out and toss them over my fence to dry out after a day on the water, and they always have a steady stream dripping out of them when I first hang them up.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-17-2015, 2:59 PM Reply   
Love my SeaDek!!

Only had it for one season so far so cant comment on the long term durability but man it looks nice and feels so good on the feet
Attached Images

Old     (drballenbc)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-17-2015, 3:23 PM Reply   
That looks great. I just got my new platform pad from Seadeck teak in grey/black and it looks good, was considering doing the whole interior next season. Can't believe you did inside all the compartments though, now that is OCD.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-17-2015, 3:23 PM Reply   
I love the look of the Synteak
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-17-2015, 3:34 PM Reply   
It was a pain in the ass but well worth doing the lockers. The carpet used to get wet and smell terrible. not any more!
Attached Images

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       02-17-2015, 3:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightv10 View Post
Love my SeaDek!!

Only had it for one season so far so cant comment on the long term durability but man it looks nice and feels so good on the feet
What did that run you? I've been looking into this for my v215
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-17-2015, 3:48 PM Reply   
About $3K all in.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2015, 5:45 PM Reply   
You might check Gator Step as well http://www.gatorstep.com/
I found out they do a lot of OEM stuff that we all thought was Seadek. He uses the same material and can do awesome custom stuff with it and is cheaper than Seadek. I would check with them and see if they have your boat pattern. I have seen several aftermarket installs as well as OEM installs and it is every bit as nice as any of the others but should save you some coin and add some customization to it. The guys name is Lauren
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-13-2015, 10:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up tyler. I just called gatorstep, and they happen to be the oem supplier to sanger so they believe they have the template on hand for the v215. The cost is about $20/sq ft.
I'm not sure off hand what sq footage I need, but they are going to give me a call back this afternoon on a price. They are also only about a week out from manufacture to delivery.