Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-08-2015, 3:19 PM Reply   
Thoughts?

http://www.capereamol.com/

I think it would be good for kids to help them get up, but I don't think it will be that successful in the wakeboard scene, much like the wake kite. how on earth are you suppose to do a 360 or backside spin?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-08-2015, 3:36 PM Reply   
The point of it is to make water skiing less tiring? How lazy do you have to be? I guess maybe if you are very old or disabled than it's a good thing but for most people it seems kind of useless.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2015, 3:39 PM Reply   
I like to try one....When I'm 80.
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-08-2015, 6:11 PM Reply   
Can't wait to see the first time the quick release doesn't!
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       01-08-2015, 11:08 PM Reply   
Have you all seen Prime? I think the coat hanger quick release they used is far more effective in both function and cost haha
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-09-2015, 8:41 AM Reply   
I looked at the link again and I think this already exists for waterski-racers. (Yeah, that is a real thing. It is nuts!)
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-09-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
The point of it is to make water skiing less tiring? How lazy do you have to be? I guess maybe if you are very old or disabled than it's a good thing but for most people it seems kind of useless.
Agree. Hopefully the purpose of a device like this is to let people with a partial disability still participate in watersports. For instance I'm picturing a Wounded Warriors kind of application - 20 to 30 year olds not willing to be "crippled" but who have a prosthetic arm or leg that makes traditional skiing or wake boarding difficult if not impossible.

I hope this thing works... would love to see a review.