Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Sheldon Snyder (sheldon128)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-13-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
Hey I'm 6,4 and 180 pounds I bought the 145cm slingshot reflex 2014 board because the size chart on slingshots website said 160 and above. Is this ok? And if not let me now. Cuz I'll return it. But I really rather not. And has anybody rode this board and could give a review. Thanks
Old    Steven (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       08-13-2014, 9:09 PM Reply   
So I'm 6'2 195-200lbs and I ride the 2014 Reflex 141. It's a great size for boat riding and cable. I couldn't see myself wanting to ride the bigger board. Just seems like a lot of extra board I wouldn't need. On the other hand you are a little taller than I am so depending how ride you have your stance the 145 might suit you better to get a wider stands.

The only advantage would be the extra surface area for boat landings.

Last edited by scuba_steve; 08-13-2014 at 9:11 PM. Reason: Wording
Old    Sheldon Snyder (sheldon128)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-13-2014, 9:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
So I'm 6'2 195-200lbs and I ride the 2014 Reflex 141. It's a great size for boat riding and cable. I couldn't see myself wanting to ride the bigger board. Just seems like a lot of extra board I wouldn't need. On the other hand you are a little taller than I am so depending how ride you have your stance the 145 might suit you better to get a wider stands.

The only advantage would be the extra surface area for boat landings.
Ok thanks I think Ima return for the 141 cuz like u said I may be a little taller but I'm also 20 pounds lighter. I wish I could try it but. Then I can't return it but thanks for your feed back Steven. If anyone else has any advise it would also help .
Old    Tim (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-14-2014, 3:45 AM Reply   
I agree with Steve. You would probably better suited for the 141.
Old    Raymond Foster (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-14-2014, 5:20 AM Reply   
I have no experience on the reflex but I do ride a Hooke. First let me say that I tested a murray a few years ago in a size smaller than I bought and I loved the smaller version and hated the larger version. I cannot test boards locally either so I have to meet up with people who have them,.

Now my slingshot hooke is a 146 and while I do love it I think I should have went smaller. I am 6'4 and was 240 when I bought it and now I am 218 trying to get to around 205.

I think you would like the smaller better as well.
Old    Sheldon Snyder (sheldon128)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-14-2014, 6:10 AM Reply   
Ok thanks
Old    Tampa Wake (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-14-2014, 8:38 AM Reply   
swing weight is usually the problem on most boards. Typically you can ride larger with SS especially the original shapes as they are crazy LIGHT!!! More surface area also equals more pop. Just something to keep in mind.
Old    Sheldon Snyder (sheldon128)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-14-2014, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
swing weight is usually the problem on most boards. Typically you can ride larger with SS especially the original shapes as they are crazy LIGHT!!! More surface area also equals more pop. Just something to keep in mind.
ok tampa thanks im about to receive the board and i dont know what to do. i have heard that slingshots can go bigger then most boards and there really lite. the guy at slingshot told me he thinks its a good size. im only 180 pounds and im 6,4 but i still dont know what to pick i have some people that say i should get 141 but idk. lol but im mainly a cable rider
Old    Stuart (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-14-2014, 10:05 AM Reply   
You could rock either size but at your height the bigger board would likely be better. I'm 6'0 190 and rock the 145 response. I ride it mostly for cable and ride a 142 "traditional" board for boat.
Old    Steven (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       08-14-2014, 10:14 AM Reply   
For mainly a cable boarder I'd still go with the 145 at your size. It will carry some more speed for you and help with softer landings off the kickers. For air tricks it will give you a longer rail to hold your edge and really load that line. And as stated already the SS boards are crazy light so its a minimal difference in weight between the two once you factor in bindings.
Old    Sheldon Snyder (sheldon128)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-14-2014, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
For mainly a cable boarder I'd still go with the 145 at your size. It will carry some more speed for you and help with softer landings off the kickers. For air tricks it will give you a longer rail to hold your edge and really load that line. And as stated already the SS boards are crazy light so its a minimal difference in weight between the two once you factor in bindings.
ok i think ill just stay with it. See how it goes and if not ill keep for a year or 2 and just buy another board then. Thanks for yalls input. the bindings i got were the rad 2014 boots. i also cant wait to try them on.
Old    Steven (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       08-14-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
sheldon thats the same setup I have with the Reflex 141 and size 13 Rads.. Its awesome! a great crossover setup as well for boat and cable!

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:25 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us