Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Sarah Shepherd (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-06-2014, 3:46 PM Reply   
Hello All - looking for pictures of current lake levels at northern CA lakes

Bullards Bar
New Melones
Don Pedro
McClure
Berryessa
Clementine
Sly Park
Union Valley
Rollins

And any other's I may have forgotten

Thanks in advance
Old    James (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       07-06-2014, 8:58 PM Reply   
Oroville
Old    Greg Beckman (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-13-2014, 1:50 AM Reply   
this about sums em all up....

Old    Alex Yermolenko (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-13-2014, 5:35 AM Reply   
^^a little bit choppy
Old    Greg Beckman (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-14-2014, 11:26 AM Reply   
haha no.... dry!

sorry i dont have any pictures. (not a picture taker) but here is a little info...
current lake levels for many of what you are looking for...
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/res...phsMain.action

if i am correct i think don pedro is just above half capacity. EDIT: last i checked that site didnt have don pedros info. i see now it is in fact below half capacity.
(pulled from their site)

i was just at Shaver Lake the other day and the end of the launch ramp wasnt even under water.

their camera pictures arent the greatest but here is a link to their cams...
http://www.sierramarina.com/camera.html

G

Last edited by pipeboarder; 07-14-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-14-2014, 12:04 PM Reply   
Heres Don Pedro from last week out of Moccasin. Moccasin PT is now closed due to the water level for the year. SUX
Attached Images

Old    Sarah Shepherd (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-14-2014, 9:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing!!
Old    Taylor Jensen (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-15-2014, 1:46 PM Reply   
wakeworld isn't letting me upload pictures ATM but to help put bullards into perspective, the dock at dark day was just pulled out..... guy pulling it out said he's never had to take it out this early. I'm thinking that both launches will be closed by September, last year it was October.

Clementine and Rollins water level doesn't really fluctuate that much, have been to both in the past week and it was fine.
Old    Jimmy (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-22-2014, 9:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepsigkap View Post
Hello All - looking for pictures of current lake levels at northern CA lakes

Clementine
Sly Park
Clementine will always be full unless the American River dries up.

Sly Park is low, but not too bad, was up there last Friday, didnt take any pics. Its just up the road, if I get up there this week I try and get a pic.
Old    J (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-22-2014, 10:26 PM Reply   
Remember with clementine, it's a VERY small lake.
Usually a lake to go to on the weekdays as it fills up very quick.
It is about 5mins from me, I haven't been out there yet, but I hope to get out midweek next week.
Old    Jimmy (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-22-2014, 10:29 PM Reply   
Ya, to echo what Jmorlan said... Clementine is great weekdays after work or during the winter, glass... If you want to go on a weekend you better get up bright and early because it is a small lake and they limit the boats on it...
Old    Jimmy (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-22-2014, 10:31 PM Reply   
The delta is the place to be if you want good water for skiing/boarding/surfing/footing though... Normally only time I hit lakes is if I have a bunch of people with me that dont really ride and just want to swim and hang out...
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2014, 9:20 AM Reply   
Stay away from the delta. Now with the drought, it is all salt water. Protect your boat & stay away.
Old    Jimmy (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-23-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Stay away from the delta. Now with the drought, it is all salt water. Protect your boat & stay away.
????????? Um, where in the delta are you skiing? Right at a inlet during low tide? I can tell you right now for a fact that up in the Brentwood and Walnut Grove areas there is no salt water.
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2014, 9:27 AM Reply   
Old    Jimmy (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-23-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
migs-

Haha, I havent finished my coffee this morning.. I got you...

to the OP.. ya, the delta is horrible, you should definitely not risk the salt water or submerged obstacles, lakes are the place to be....
Old    Nick (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-29-2014, 12:28 AM Reply   
I know you didn't ask about Trinity Lake, but here is a shot from last Sunday at Pinewood Cove
Attached Images

Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-29-2014, 7:52 AM Reply   
ouch
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-29-2014, 10:18 AM Reply   
One of my friends wants to go to New Melones or Don Pedro this weekend. I haven't been on either lake in years and know they are much lower than typical. Two months ago I drove past New Melones on 49 and saw old trees sticking out of the water along the edges of the lake. This has me concerned.

This would be a family trip and I have two young kids who will be skiing. If we stay in the main bodies of both lakes, what are the conditions like? Many unknown obstacles? At this point I probably wouldn't even consider going up any of the arms.

Looking for some feedback from you guys who know these lakes and have rode them recently. Thanks.
Old    Jayson Reyes (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       07-29-2014, 3:00 PM Reply   
Bullards is still legit about 1/2 full or empty, we were there last weekend ..Marina ramp is real sketchy but dark day is good so far..low level opened up some nice beach coves to chill but dont beach your boat!!lol. My young kids enjoyed..usually good riding conditions especially in the channel
Old    Taylor Jensen (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-29-2014, 4:27 PM Reply   
Jayson, did they put the dock back in at dark day? I'm either headed to bullards tomorrow or clementine, can't decide.
Old    Jayson Reyes (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       07-29-2014, 9:17 PM Reply   
dock was there when i was there last. u can always call emerald cove in the am, pretty friendly folks