Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2014, 7:37 PM Reply   
Ok Orwood launch is on the California Delta . Getting kicked out of Orwood is like being asked not to come back to a Gladiator Tournament in Ancient Rome. How the hell do you screw up On the Delta?
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-21-2014, 7:40 PM Reply   
What? I never would've guessed that someone with such understated tastes could be disrespectful. I'm truly aghast.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2014, 7:41 PM Reply   
P.S I would like to Note I know Auggie and I think he is a great guy. I wanna hear what went Down !!!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-21-2014, 9:39 PM Reply   
I'm sure the douchebaggery was strong
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-21-2014, 10:06 PM Reply   
That's a pretty awesome comment section on Facebook.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-21-2014, 10:27 PM Reply   
I don't have a dog in this fight, but seems like everyone is measuring his guilt by the number of speakers without knowing the story. Or maybe they know the story and it relates to the speakers... it just seems like the tower speakers are causing the guilty verdict with lots of people who weren't there. IMO if you're going to stir the pot with a post like that you might as well offer some more insight as to your reasoning behind it. Why be so vague that you start a secondary war on the internet? As many people have said in other posts- that many tower speakers isn't for them, but we don't live in a communist country and many people have lost lives to afford us all these freedoms to put whatever we want on our boats. Anyway if its blasting music that caused the mayhem nobody would be surprised, its just that it hasn't been stated by the owners that was the reasoning and i'd like to see rev10's innocent until proven guilty. I know i don't want to have to take my 4 down EVER!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2014, 10:33 PM Reply   
douching up the Delta how is this posable???
Your right the FB comment section is internet GOLD
Attached Images

Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-22-2014, 2:48 AM Reply   
My comment (only based on assumptions)... If noise was the issue that started a fight... Did any employee or security for Orwood ever ask him to turn it down?? If Orwood resort did not find it an issue than why is he being called out on it??

That many speakers is not my cup of tea but who am I to judge his character based on how many speakers he has? Or his choice of music for that matter....( as long as you are not blasting vulgar music around kids and families)

Last edited by TundraA22; 07-22-2014 at 2:52 AM. Reason: yup
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2014, 5:55 AM Reply   
Gotta laugh at the folks trying to rationalize that set up. Obviously bros who spend that much money on equipment do so to listen to John Mayer at respectable volumes. I too once drove around, bumping in my car...when I was 16...then I grew up. These kinds of set ups are embarrassing because they give the average person the impression every wake boat owner is a dbag.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2014, 6:08 AM Reply   
People have no issues picking a fight about a boat manufacturer And their newest products, yet people want to play devils advocate with a boat that has 32+ speakers? I'm sure they were being perfectly civilized, no excessive noise, and they were just unfairly "targeted" for the resulting ban.

Seriously, the defense and justification of that broseph barge is pathetic. And to those that don't want to judge or be judged? Life is a judgment; get over it...
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-22-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
They were banned because of a fight that they didn't start. A group of guys approached them wanting to start ****. They tried to walk away and got blind sided. If you got hit would you defend yourself or run away? I think everyone here would fight back. The ban is for the fight not the speakers.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
Pretty funny how everyone assumed it was about the noise.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-22-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
what caused the fight? The Speakers?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2014, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Pretty funny how everyone assumed it was about the noise.
Almost as funny as believing this fight had zero instigation or elevation by the people on said boat...

It seems to me that if they were unfairly targeted and were merely defending themselves, they would not have gotten banned. Plus, more people would have an explanation & defense for their actions...

"Wakeboarding".......
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-22-2014, 9:37 AM Reply   
I heard it was over the right to party.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-22-2014, 10:20 AM Reply   
In one way or another it probably did stem from the boat/speakers. People get jealous of guys with money. Now a days people start crap for no reason. Auggies a good dude and has kids of his own. I highly doubt he would want to fight in front of other peoples kids because I doubt he would want someone doing it in front of his kids. Since orwood called him out or wood should explain the situation and exactly what happened so then everyone knows the truth. I was told the story By someone on the boat. Say what you want about his boat. Its meant to be a show boat. Just like they have outrageous cars and trucks for sema. The reason taco Tuesday got shut down was over a fight but I didn't see or wood publically slam those kids.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-22-2014, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
gotta fight for that...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-22-2014, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:

You can't tell me you don't have a meme for this situation :P
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-22-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
Now if we can just get the surfers banned from Vics well be in business

lol
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-22-2014, 10:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp513 View Post
In one way or another it probably did stem from the boat/speakers. People get jealous of guys with money. Now a days people start crap for no reason. Auggies a good dude and has kids of his own. I highly doubt he would want to fight in front of other peoples kids because I doubt he would want someone doing it in front of his kids. Since orwood called him out or wood should explain the situation and exactly what happened so then everyone knows the truth. I was told the story By someone on the boat. Say what you want about his boat. Its meant to be a show boat. Just like they have outrageous cars and trucks for sema. The reason taco Tuesday got shut down was over a fight but I didn't see or wood publically slam those kids.

I'm sure the story from the guy on the boat is different from what others might say. You'd need someone who saw it all that wasn't involved with the ordeal.

The resort doesn't have to say anything. Their reason was they were disrespectful. Whether it be a fight or loud music with profanity, both are disrespectful. They feel the safety and enjoyment for the rest of their patrons is more important than these few people.

They didn't call out the owner by name, some of you did
Old     (MuskokaCanada)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-22-2014, 11:27 AM Reply   
32 speakers on the tower alone? Somebody spent some coin on that ride.!!
Old     (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-22-2014, 1:30 PM Reply   
As the Beastie Boys said "YOU GOT TO FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT GO PARTY".
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2014, 3:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
Maybe the owner of the instagram or facebook page can grow some balls and ban them in person instead of being a keyboard warrior.
The irony of this post.....is just.........amazing.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
I'm sure the story from the guy on the boat is different from what others might say. You'd need someone who saw it all that wasn't involved with the ordeal.

The resort doesn't have to say anything. Their reason was they were disrespectful. Whether it be a fight or loud music with profanity, both are disrespectful. They feel the safety and enjoyment for the rest of their patrons is more important than these few people.

They didn't call out the owner by name, some of you did
Bingo.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2014, 6:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBofTexas View Post
As the Beastie Boys said "YOU GOT TO FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT GO PARTY".
Don't feel too bad. My wife often sings the wrong words too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2014, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Now if we can just get the surfers banned from Vics well be in business

lol
Hey now. Be nice. Love your personal quote in your profile too.
Old     (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-22-2014, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Typo. "TO" PARTY. Sorry
Old     (01centurion)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-22-2014, 7:13 PM Reply   
I can say when he launched I was eating at orwood and he was not playing music or moving for that fact(dead batt). But a member on here decided he wanted to be that guy and blast his music while he was at the dock. I don't get it, I'm all for big systems your not impressing anybody by playing music at the docks and most of us all know how loud exiles and wet sounds are.....
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-22-2014, 8:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01centurion View Post
I can say when he launched I was eating at orwood and he was not playing music or moving for that fact(dead batt). But a member on here decided he wanted to be that guy and blast his music while he was at the dock. I don't get it, I'm all for big systems your not impressing anybody by playing music at the docks and most of us all know how loud exiles and wet sounds are.....
**** if your gonna go that far may as well just post my username. When people tell me to turn my system up i do. I dont slap nig this or f this kinda music by orwood because im not a punk and if i had a kid i would hate that. but if some guys are saying they cant hear my music and telling me to turn it up of course im gonna turn it up. Some people actually enjoy it. some dont. hate on my friend...
Old     (01centurion)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-22-2014, 8:42 PM Reply   
Not hating at all, as I stated I like big systems and all for them, in my post I didn't say what kind of boat, speakers color ect was bumping at the dock... A lot of ppl on WW ride the delta but I'm sure everyone knew I was talking about you right.....
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-22-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
not many guys on here that launch at orwood have decent size systems. I made an assumption and my assumption was right wasnt it?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-22-2014, 9:01 PM Reply   
Quote:

My wife gets lyrics and sayings wrong sometimes too...
Old     (01centurion)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-22-2014, 9:04 PM Reply   
Yea congrats on figuring it out. I wasn't trying to being a dick about it hint the reason I didn't say dp513 and his crew where blasting the stereo at the dock Sunday or a Sanger with wetsounds.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2014, 10:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
My wife gets lyrics and sayings wrong sometimes too...
LOL! My wife's most famous one was "hang low sweet chariot". I rib her regularly about it and it happened 15 years ago. Always good to keep it light laugh at ourselves.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-22-2014, 10:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01centurion View Post
Yea congrats on figuring it out. I wasn't trying to being a dick about it hint the reason I didn't say dp513 and his crew where blasting the stereo at the dock Sunday or a Sanger with wetsounds.

At least you guys are lucky enough to even know what other members faces look like haha. I go all year and MIGHT see 5 other wakeboats come in and out. It's nice at times but would be really nice to have more riding buddies.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2014, 10:26 PM Reply   
^^^ Aww that's sad. Are you from the land of misfit toys? Pretty sure most would be stoked if they only saw 5 wake boats in a year. I know I would be. You must be in a pretty remote location.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-22-2014, 10:35 PM Reply   
My girl was convinced the lyrics to Tiny Dancer were, 'Hold me close, I'm tired of dancing.'
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-22-2014, 10:37 PM Reply   
I'm in West Tennessee. It gets pretty lonely here. We ride in one of the most beautiful bays on the lake that has amazing water 90% of the time. Most wakeboats stay north by the dam in kentucky.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-22-2014, 10:42 PM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406094069.192396.jpg
Views: 3595
Size:  137.6 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406094124.763782.jpg
Views: 3530
Size:  160.2 KB
Almost every afternoon we get this butter to ourselves.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-22-2014, 10:43 PM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406094198.203758.jpg
Views: 3265
Size:  142.2 KB
One more for giggles lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2014, 10:57 PM Reply   
^^^Wow! Nice.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-23-2014, 4:38 AM Reply   
That settles it, I am moving to Knoxville
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2014, 4:49 AM Reply   
My wife thought the lyrics were "hold me close now Tony Danza." Swear to God.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-23-2014, 4:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
My wife thought the lyrics were "hold me close now Tony Danza." Swear to God.

Holding women close, like a Boss!

Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-23-2014, 5:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Attachment 36408
Attachment 36409
Almost every afternoon we get this butter to ourselves.
Chase so what happened to the tree in the middle of the lake?
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-23-2014, 5:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
That settles it, I am moving to Knoxville
I have a great remodeled house minutes from Norris Lake, just north of Knoxville for sale. It's a small 2 bedroom and is listed less than every new wake board boat.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-23-2014, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
I have a great remodeled house minutes from Norris Lake, just north of Knoxville for sale. It's a small 2 bedroom and is listed less than every new wake board boat.
If I could buy a rental property I would check that out. Sadly, I need a larger home & can only afford 1

How do you like the area? Hows the economy? I am in construction management & have only begun researching the area, not even sure what sort of jobs are out there
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-23-2014, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
If I could buy a rental property I would check that out. Sadly, I need a larger home & can only afford 1

How do you like the area? Hows the economy? I am in construction management & have only begun researching the area, not even sure what sort of jobs are out there
I live in Ohio, the construction business is slow moving and finding labor that works is hard. It took them from last week of July till first week of November to remodel the house. We used to turn houses and condos in about 4 to 6 weeks in Ohio. We used it as a summer home after we bought land on the lake to build a house, then decided a condo would work better. Less to maintain.

I know the economy south of Knoxville is picking up due to the VW plant and all there suppliers building plants there.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-23-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
Chase so what happened to the tree in the middle of the lake?

The bay I live in is called cypress bay. Back in the day that used to be a road that went all the way across the bay. It's an old roadbed. The cypress tree has been there since I can remember. I go out there each year with my parents and put big ornaments and Christmas lights on it for Christmas. Just to the left of it are red and green buoys. If you try to cross anywhere other than the buoys it's only 1-3ft deep. You wouldn't believe how many idiots don't follow the markers and run into it. 3-4 times a day someone hits it, they get past it and turn right around and hit it again haha! Seen many lower units toast here.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-23-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
My wife thought " smoking aint aloud in school" from Motley Crue Smokin in the boys room was " smokin in the lounge is cool" and I had a fraternity brother 20 yrs ago in school think "Lunatic Fringe" was " Let me speak French" We still break his b@ll$ on that one
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2014, 10:35 AM Reply   
Holy cow that looks like it could shoot down a civilian jet liner. You only need 1/4 of that stuff on the tower be a douche bag. He should turn some of those to the side of the boat, upward and into the cockpit get full coverage.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-23-2014, 11:06 AM Reply   
Speakers=douche bag? Men that say douche bag=????
Mostly a term said by gays and women.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
All this time I thought gays were men (or women).
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2014, 7:32 PM Reply   
Sounds like we don't know all the facts of the story but it is easy to assume the speakers had something to do with it. Hell I get in trouble with the 4 I have on my tower. This guy has 8 times that on his boat, 9 if you throw in his truck. I'm not passing judgment but rather stating how I can see that its easy to draw that conclusion based on my own experience.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-24-2014, 6:16 AM Reply   
I must be in touch with my gay feminine side...yea definately