Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Dclem)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-19-2014, 4:38 AM Reply   
All,
Tell me what sliders, kickers and rails you love and who has the best ones in the water at the cable wake parks you have been to. Building a new full size system and want to satisfy the many!
Thanks!

BTW...why docent this site have a category for cable wake? seems like a natural progression...admin comments?
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-19-2014, 6:37 AM Reply   
hey, i see you are from NY? i am in CT and DYING to try a real full-size park...
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-19-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
The Northeast, for the most part, is a wake desert. There's a 2.0 at Brownstone Park in CT… and that's it for this whole region. That's great news, David.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
I love the Unit XL kicker. Smooth and gives you as much boost as you are willing to let it.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-19-2014, 10:02 AM Reply   
Kaesen's new unit feature is really legit!
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-19-2014, 10:12 AM Reply   
+1 for the Unit XL kicker. The Rooftop is also a lot of fun!
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-19-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
Henshaw is one of my favorites because there are so many ways to ride it. I agree with the above though, the XL kicker is amazing and the Kaesen rail looks like a lot of fun
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-20-2014, 9:08 AM Reply   
Blue tubes and corrugated pipes get my vote. I'll be coming to see you if you're putting a park up near albany!!
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-20-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
this is killing me...

WHERE IS IT!?!?!?!?!?
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-20-2014, 9:05 PM Reply   
A decent rooftop is always a classic. Of course a long tabletop / butter box is always cool in any park to get anyone started with rails.

I also like those large tubes/pipes.

There's also a Rixen baby kicker that's fun especially for wakeskaters.

Then a solid mid or large kicker should always be around.
Old     (Dclem)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-21-2014, 4:33 AM Reply   
Thanks to everyone so far. This park will be in upstate New York. It will be a 9 rider full size system with a 2 tower beside it for learning, party and group events. Beautiful fresh water and in a great area.
Really hoping to get some insight from the riders on what makes a great park environment. After all, it's built for riders and we all benefit from making them happy!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2014, 5:58 AM Reply   
where in upstate?! Been shredding here for a decade praying that this day would soon come!!!

(even though I'm moving to florida in a week...)
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-21-2014, 7:22 AM Reply   
small stuff for skaters and big stuff for strappers. Good kickers like the XL are a must. Limit the number of super wide rails.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-21-2014, 7:57 AM Reply   
Check out wake nation in Cincy, they have some nice features and good setup and flow.
Old     (hrwboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-21-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
+1 on the Unit Henshaw since it has so many lines. Every park needs some big transfers as well!
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2014, 1:11 PM Reply   
so, this is ridiculous...

where is it and when does it open?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-21-2014, 2:07 PM Reply   
Also, do your best to keep the shoreline as close as allowable. The swim on the far side at beach club Montreal seems very far. Tons of options big and small. Don't waste space.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2014, 6:12 PM Reply   
features that provide multiple ways to slide are ideal such as the ice berg at cinci or the transfer rails (cinci or rixen)
Old     (Dclem)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-24-2014, 5:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwhit View Post
this is killing me...

WHERE IS IT!?!?!?!?!?
We're opening next year in upstate New York. Hope to see you there!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-24-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dclem View Post
We're opening next year in upstate New York. Hope to see you there!
David,

Any chance I met you at a Nautique demo day back in 2012 on the G23 out on Canandaigua? We spoke about a cable in Upstate NY then, if it is you, or someone affiliated with you.

Anyway, interested to learn more. From what I remember this will be in the finger lake region, but maybe north of I90?

Duane
Old     (Dclem)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-24-2014, 4:48 PM Reply   
I have been a loyal Nautique guy since our first new 1990 ski and had a few since then...now our 2013 230 that sees ALOT of surfing along with boarding. The park will be in Canandaguia New York which is right in the middle of the finger lakes. Roseland Wake Park www.rdubp.com (website in development) will be a great addition to the Roseland Waterpark and surrounding area. It's a great destination already and folks will find another good reason to come to town.
I will keep you all posted and thanks for all the pms. Your interest keeps the fire burning! Great sport and can't wait to bring it north!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-25-2014, 6:59 AM Reply   
construction starting this fall??
Old     (ehcanadian)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-26-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
Would love to see this a bit closer to the city, see a lot more traffic. just a thought
Old     (Northeastriders2013)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-18-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
Northeast Riders is looking forward to this cable park. Right in our backyard! @northeastriders
Old     (Ryan_flip)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-20-2014, 12:51 PM Reply   
This is so sick to see I live in Fort Erie Canada just north of Buffalo. Can't wait to have a full size cable within a few hours from home. Don't buy all unit rails, build some of your own features it gives a park some character
Old     (Northeastriders2013)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-12-2015, 8:34 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2015, 7:36 PM Reply   
+1 unit XL kicker, just what John wrote
+1 Kaesen rail - so much room for creativity

When I rode at Terminus in ATL that have a curved pipe with an upward slope forming a ramp on the back turn. It's really challenging to try and negotiate the "whip effect" around the turns while also trying to set up optimally for the jib. It was really different and fun. Plus, it gives you something to do around the turns. I guess it spoiled me, because I mostly ride VIP and Wake Island in NorCal, and now I find myself bored on the turns wishing for something to do. The one at Terminus is not very big, but it doesn't need to be since the challenge is in setting up for it and staying on the rail while getting whipped around the turn.

Also, VIP recently added a floating plastic barrel that you can ollie over or bonk off. It's nothing major, but a fun little change of pace, and the cost would be about zero - just find a 50 gal plastic barrel, put it on it's side and anchor it.

Come to think of it, you could put a few of these barrels around the turns if you wanted, thus addressing both ideas at the same time.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-14-2015, 11:47 AM Reply   
I agree to some of the points as its not always what type of obstacles you have as opposed to where and how they are placed on the lake so you can easily set up, get on and off and back into corners or onto the next obstacle.. we are spoiled here in TX on having so many parks pretty close to each other and ive been on some really nice lakes that have cool obstacles but have bad days consistently because of where they are placed not just the spot but the angle in or out of cable etc..makes it tough to ride and get a good line..i don't go there as often..
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2015, 7:47 PM Reply   
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-15-2015, 8:52 PM Reply   
^ That looks like a fun park. But there doesnt look there is much time between landing the pool gap to the corner. That would be tough on a skate if you dont land 100% perfect.

I dont get why some parks dont use center islands. It's so much nicer riding with smooth water.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2015, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
^ That looks like a fun park. But there doesnt look there is much time between landing the pool gap to the corner. That would be tough on a skate if you dont land 100% perfect.

I dont get why some parks dont use center islands. It's so much nicer riding with smooth water.
If the lakes are dug nowadays they should, but a lot of times it's an already there body of water. I agree with Bill, placement is almost just as important as to what it is, and it has to be maintained.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-16-2015, 6:20 AM Reply   
Yeah that pool gap is SKETCHY especially if you come off the the right side feature. With the extension of the rope, the carrier is basically going to hit the corner as you land.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       01-16-2015, 10:07 AM Reply   
Agree with the three above me. Park looks really fun but the pool gap and kicker need to switch spots.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-16-2015, 12:59 PM Reply   
So, is this place going to be for real?

When and where?
Old     (Ryan_flip)      Join Date: Aug 2014       02-08-2015, 7:55 PM Reply   
Don't get all Unit features. They are nice for sure but every park is pretty much the same. Build features that other parks don't have and try to get creative with your features like you would see in a snowboard park. Metal, corrugated tubes, blue tubes ect. are the way to go. Building your own features keeps things from getting stale and allows you the option of changing and rebuilding features to keep things fresh. Best of luck on getting your park off the ground, will be coming from the niagara area with some rippers for sure.
Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-08-2015, 9:26 PM Reply   
One of these for sure:
Attached Images

Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-08-2015, 9:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post

Dido.

The nice thing about that layout is it can be enticing to people of all levels. Remember as a business you want to cater to as many as possible.

Having parallel features is also highly desirable. If choppy on one side you can go to the other and hit it.

Proper spacing between features. Nothing more frustrating than hitting one feature and having to pass the next because they are too close to each other.
Old     (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-09-2015, 11:55 AM Reply   
+1 for building some of your own features. Wake Nation Houston kills it with this approach and change up their obstacles and locations multiple times a season. Unit rails are great, but having people who know how to build (good) rails and focus on the rider experience is more valuable imo. A good mix of both is ideal.

How many different skateparks would you ride at if they all had the same features?

Last edited by LukeR103; 02-09-2015 at 11:56 AM. Reason: -
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-09-2015, 12:14 PM Reply   
why not have a contest to design a feature? Other waterparks have done this to much success.

http://www.kcwatersports.com/design-a-rail.html
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2015, 1:45 PM Reply   
any developments?
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-16-2015, 12:09 PM Reply   

Opening July 11, 2015...fingaz crossed

ref: http://www.roselandwakepark.com/cons...nchors-photos/
Old     (Dclem)      Join Date: Oct 2013       06-05-2016, 3:41 AM Reply   
Wow! It's been a while since I put something up! We are enjoying our second season and just added a few more features yesterday! Roseland wake park in Canandaguia New York !
Attached Images

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-05-2016, 9:14 AM Reply   
Holy cow! If you read your season pass price correctly I could ride all season (60+) for $59!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-05-2016, 6:30 PM Reply   
I've been here- nice park. But you guys need to speed the cable up from 16 all the time and angle your kickers our a little bit. That toeside one after the start dock was really tough to hit pointing almost inward.